I Got BANNED from RCCL!!!!!!

I think the reasons that they don't sell RCL or Celebrity is that they aren't given much incentive.

I don't particularly care for Royal Caribbean- just ok in my book.

But I love Celebrity. Celebrity doesn't discount the cruises or give out great deal to past cruisers. I suspect that the other lines, like Princess do. Because I hear more raves on the Princess boards and I have sailed that line and see it change over the years.

It is not and is not considered by others in the industry to be a premium cruise line like Celebrity. Conde Naste traveler and even this forum- if you look at the poll results does not have Princess in many of the top ten categories. Celebrity and Royal Caribbean are though.

So TA sell the cruises where they get a peice of the action.

THats one of the few things it would have had to have been. I must hae not realized it and raised my voice a little, and he noted that. Yes I had to visit the pursers desk often to 1) Fix the broken sofa bed, 2) Pool towels, shower towels, etc.

It was always the same supervisor, who kept telling me to be more patient, and he was "Sure" the attendant would eventually bring more towels, and eventually get to the bed - 3 nights later the bed problem was finally resolved!

I went back and reread the beginning because I knew there was something that the OP said that I wondered about. # 2, I can understand requesting more towels for the cabin, but we've always had to exhange our own pool towels on the pool deck ourselves. Just exchange for new ones whenever we wanted at least on the Explorer. Do cabin stewards exchange pool towels for passengers on other ships? The bed frame would have been fixed by maintenance wouldn't it not the cabin steward? Not doubting the OP, just wondering about this and trying to figure out why he is banned from RCCL. :o

I f frequency of travel were the problem people who get their cruises off season and cheap would also be targetted

I do not believe this was the problem

i think you should write to the top man in the company and insist for an explanation- have you tried calling to speak to a higher executive

if it is any consolation to you I was surprised to read that my TA a huge one on the west coast refuses to sell Rccl or Celebrity cruises any more

Some kind of disagreement between them

Strange no???

They use to be a HUGE customer ....

RCCL does not allow TA's to discount cruises or offer credits like other cruiselines do. If they get caught doing so RCCL will not let them sell cruises for them anymore. Maybe your TA just didn't want to be bothered with all the rules anymore. :o

I have however come to a tough decision. I am going to ask the moderators to remove this post from the boards.

Scott

Dont do that....it will only spring up LOTS more threads on the boards(i.e.like when this thread was shut down for an hour yesterday)....

I truly hope you get back on the phone today with RCCL and speak to anyone(everyone if necessary) who will help you to get to the bottom of this........

WE all need an explanation. I am getting so worried about my upcoming cruise. If I complain about the bed will I get banned. Will the rest of our large party get banned too?

You just cannot get banned without a reason. A company can ban with a stupid reason, but not for no reason.

I agree that OP is not going to come to the list with this issue if he really knew what is was.

I keep visiting this thread because I really want to know the outcome.

Come on Royal Caribbean - give us a reason

I second that Thank You - let's see what happens now.

Adam is a class act, I have always had good responses when I have contacted him. They are not always what I would like to see but at least you get a reasonably timely response. It is going to be interesting to see how this turns out. To the OP keep your head up you have a lot of help here and 80 thousand hits on this thread will have RCI very nervous indeed. That translates to a lot of potential business losses if not handled correctly.

Anyone remember the Betty saga?? She had a huge problem with a booking. It was a long thread. In the end she came back to CC with "RCI and I have resolved the issue. I am not allowed to discuss it" I have a feeling this will be the way this will end. Just a hunch. I hope it works out for hoops in the end. Either given a reasonable explanation or a nice apology with a free cruise!!

Dont do that....it will only spring up LOTS more threads on the boards(i.e.like when this thread was shut down for an hour yesterday)....

I truly hope you get back on the phone today with RCCL and speak to anyone(everyone if necessary) who will help you to get to the bottom of this........

I agree with this. Is will just generate multiple threads.:o

You have only heard one side of the story. And is there any verification that this person is in fact banned? Do you believe everything you read on the internet? There have been some mean hoaxes that have been played by on people on message baords.

FFH has 2000 posts I believe him about being banned.... the why is the question.

He has 14 cruises with them and many people on this board that have backed his reputation!

RCCL is getting very BAD press right now I WILL NOT SAIL with them till I know how this can happen. My vacation money is valuable to me and until they fix this or there is a reasonable expanation MY MONEY GOES SOMEWHERE ELSE.

I know i don't make a dent in their revenue BUT if enough people do this it will make a BIG dent in their revenue!

I agree with this. Is will just generate multiple threads.:o

Based on the fact that Adam Goldstein is now in the mix, I suspect based on prior contacts I have had with Adam this situation will be resolved. I also believe that if someone working RCI has made a mistake that person will be in a line looking for another job. Negative publicity is a President's worst nightmare. This is true for all presidential levels. I am sure George Bush would agree with that.......... The OP has cruised enough times to prove his integrity already. I think there will be a major apology and a basket full of We are sorry amenities added into this as compensation............

There shouldn't be ANY attacking. There should just be support for someone who is entitled to sympathy and an explanation. FINI

I think a certain amount of suspicion is healthy and keeps us on our toes. I am the first to support the OP, but let's face it, we do not know all the facts. For some people to question his motives and his story is understandable. You may have met him, liked him, and now trust him. But you have to admit, whenever you see the neighbors interviewed of someone newly accused of a crime they almost all say: "Wow, I never thought he had it in him. He seemed so nice".

It pays to be careful nowadays. And a lot of us are more familiar and trusting of RCCL than of an anonymous poster on CC (again, maybe not deservingly so, but we are taught to be suspicious on anything we read/see on the internet).

this not what the OP wanted and why he wants to lock the thread. so lets keep this thing together so we all can find out what FFH and RCCL differ on. "inquiring minds and nosy people need to know"

Unfortunately, I doubt we will ever know. I am sure that if RCCL and FFH resolve the problem, it will be with the caveat that all information be kept confidential.

This is a horrible situation for both sides and also for those of us who are interested to hear the outcome. I think that enough people have vouched for FFH's character, so I genuinely believe his complaint is valid. On the other hand , we are all RCCL fans (for the time-being anyway!) and don't particularly relish reading bad reports.

I sincerely hope that the situation can be resolved to the satisfaction of both parties and that we get to hear an explanation. I think the former is probable and the latter almost an impossibilty. As someone has mentioned already, I think there will be a bland and uninformative statement issued and we will be left in the dark.

Alan

I went back and reread the beginning because I knew there was something that the OP said that I wondered about. # 2, I can understand requesting more towels for the cabin, but we've always had to exhange our own pool towels on the pool deck ourselves. Just exchange for new ones whenever we wanted at least on the Explorer. Do cabin stewards exchange pool towels for passengers on other ships? The bed frame would have been fixed by maintenance wouldn't it not the cabin steward? Not doubting the OP, just wondering about this and trying to figure out why he is banned from RCCL. :o

I guess it could still vary ship to ship,but on most,as has been reported

here and has been my experience on my last 3 sailings on 2 different ships is...

You are given pool towels in your room,and you exchange them through your room steward as you need more..

I have not seen the poolside towel system for quite a while.

Unfortunately, I doubt we will ever know. I am sure that if RCCL and FFH resolve the problem, it will be with the caveat that all information be kept confidential.

Bingo. That's how it usually goes.

I hope you get to the bottom of it Hoop.

Anyone remember the Betty saga?? She had a huge problem with a booking. It was a long thread. In the end she came back to CC with "RCI and I have resolved the issue. I am not allowed to discuss it" I have a feeling this will be the way this will end. Just a hunch. I hope it works out for hoops in the end. Either given a reasonable explanation or a nice apology with a free cruise!!

I do not recall The Betty Issue, but what???? I may never know what happens next??? Say it isn't so!!!!

I suppose that if they do come to a mutually agreeable solution, it is well within FFH AND RCI not to share the details of such a resolution. It would not make me (and many others!) very happy but, that's life.

I do not recall The Betty Issue, but what???? I may never know what happens next??? Say it isn't so!!!!

I suppose that if they do come to a mutually agreeable solution, it is well within FFH AND RCI not to share the details of such a resolution. It would not make me (and many others!) very happy but, that's life.

I forget the details. I know she had a cruise booked with RCI. Prior to sailing she was told her booking was not valid. There was speculation that she used an employee discount form a friend, or something to that affect. The thread was long. We were all waiting to find out how the "screw up" occurred. In the end we were told nothing.:confused:

I forget the details. I know she had a cruise booked with RCI. Prior to sailing she was told her booking was not valid. There was speculation that she used an employee discount form a friend, or something to that affect. The thread was long. We were all waiting to find out how the "screw up" occurred. In the end we were told nothing.:confused:

Yes...This is the exact situation I mentioned on page 5 ,and the one the Dforeigner felt the need to make fun of me about.

I haven't been able to go back and read all 41 pages of this thread so I don't know if this possibility has been discussed or not. Might be kind of a remote possibility, but could this be a situation of identity theft? Someone assuming his identity on a cruise he doesn't even know he took?

Anyone remember the Betty saga?? She had a huge problem with a booking. It was a long thread. In the end she came back to CC with "RCI and I have resolved the issue. I am not allowed to discuss it" I have a feeling this will be the way this will end. Just a hunch. I hope it works out for hoops in the end.

That's exactly what I was thinking yesterday!!!!!! ;)

They do not have to tell us anything. Depending on the outcome, it may or may not be a wise decision to tell us.

Scenario 1) Turns out to be a huge RCI screw up, it would probably be wise to keep their mouth shut and keep hoops mouth shut. Give him a free cruise or whatever it takes to make him happy and have him sign an agreement that would keep his mouth shut. RESULT...CC'rs know nothing.

Scenario 2) Turn out to be a legit banning, then RCI would be wise not to disclose anything other then they stand behind the banning. They wouldn't want to be in court for being libel/slanderous. Hoops probably would not come back and tell us the reason why if it turns out to be a legit banning. RESULT...CC'rs know nothing.

So, I really cant see a scenario where we will know the true outcome

You are given pool towels in your room,and you exchange them through your room steward as you need more..

I have not seen the poolside towel system for quite a while.

They had towels at poolside on Brilliance just last month......

Yes...This is the exact situation I mentioned on page 5 ,and the one the Dforeigner felt the need to make fun of me about.

Sorry i missed that post. I have NOT read every post here. Way to many. Need to work here too!!

Archived