I Got BANNED from RCCL!!!!!!

Anyone remember the Betty saga?? She had a huge problem with a booking. It was a long thread. In the end she came back to CC with "RCI and I have resolved the issue. I am not allowed to discuss it" I have a feeling this will be the way this will end. Just a hunch. I hope it works out for hoops in the end. Either given a reasonable explanation or a nice apology with a free cruise!!

Even if this is the case, at least I and I think others would like Scott to come back and say that so we know some type of resolution was reached and this problem has reached its conclusion.

I guess it could still vary ship to ship,but on most,as has been reported

here and has been my experience on my last 3 sailings on 2 different ships is...

You are given pool towels in your room,and you exchange them through your room steward as you need more..

I have not seen the poolside towel system for quite a while.

had towels poolside on Rhapsody & Splendour within the last 2 months. In fact on the Splendour, our cabin steward told us to use the pool towels he gave us if we were going ashore and to get towels at the pool for the pool. In March on the splendour, there was even a womna writing down your cabin #, but it was at the tail end of Spring Break, too.

Best of luck to you Scott.

Sorry i missed that post. I have NOT read every post here. Way to many. Need to work here too!!

No need to be sorry....Just glad someone else remembers it,and agrees its not beyond comprehension that a disgruntled employee could have done something to sabotage someone,either by singling someone out,or randomly

Even if this is the case, at least I and I think others would like Scott to come back and say that so we know some type of resolution was reached and this problem has reached its conclusion.

Maybe just keep an eye on his signature. If you see another RCCL cruise pop up, you know it has been resolved. applause.gif

I am in agreement with some of the recent posters on this thread.

It's obvious Scott is distressed and has no further information or as he promised he would have posted it. (Something he's done on this thread BTW).

Now the thread is taking an ugly turn so my support goes to the locking of the thread until there is something new to report.

Scott, I believe you are being forthright and you have my support. I look forward to any updates you might consider sharing with us. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It got attention for sure!

UPDATE*****UPDATE*****UPDATE****UPDATE*****

I have just gotten of the Phone with Mr. Bald and Mr. Goldstein. At this time I am NOT going to comment on anything because nothing is final. I should be getting a phone call back within the next 2 hours to discuss further.

What I will say is BOTH Mr. Goldstein and Mr. Bald seemed like extremely nice and understanding people - moreso than I could have imagined! and we are currently working on coming to a solution, and again at this time (Knock on wood) seems to be a very positive one on BOTH sides of the fence!

I will update you all later. Remember I am at work today, and just slipped on to my laptop quick - so am unable to answer questions constantly, and I will be at work until 0400 on Friday Morning.

I DO WANT TO THANK YOU ALL AGAIN FOR YOUR VERY KIND WORDS, YOUR EMAILS TO ME AND TO CORPORATE!

Scott

I have just gotten of the Phone with Mr. Bald and Mr. Goldstein. At this time I am NOT going to comment on anything because nothing is final. I should be getting a phone call back within the next 2 hours to discuss further.

What I will say is BOTH Mr. Goldstein and Mr. Bald seemed like extremely nice and understanding people - moreso than I could have imagined! and we are currently working on coming to a solution, and again at this time (Knock on wood) seems to be a very positive one on BOTH sides of the fence!

I will update you all later. Remember I am at work today, and just slipped on to my laptop quick - so am unable to answer questions constantly, and I will be at work until 0400 on Friday Morning.

I DO WANT TO THANK YOU ALL AGAIN FOR YOUR VERY KIND WORDS, YOUR EMAILS TO ME AND TO CORPORATE!

Scott

YEAH! You kick butt Scott!!!!!!

Wow, awesome, I'm so happy for you. In the very least it looks like you will get some answers. Of course this means that the thread will most likely not be locked now *LOL* but we are all so happy for you!!!

*tear* what a beautiful cc community!

Scott - I have been following this thread like a can't-put-it-down novel and I have to say how relieved I am that you seem to be getting some resolution from RCCL's top brass! I hope that is the case, and I can't wait to see what the final outcome is - I am crossing my fingers that this was all just some horrible mix-up and that, at the very least, they will change their policies so that something like this doesn't happen to a future cruiser. GOOD LUCK and keep us posted!

Scott

Now THAT is begining to sound better... we'll still keep our fingers crossed that this problem is resolved for both parties

WE all need an explanation. I am getting so worried about my upcoming cruise. If I complain about the bed will I get banned. Will the rest of our large party get banned too?

You just cannot get banned without a reason. A company can ban with a stupid reason, but not for no reason.

I agree that OP is not going to come to the list with this issue if he really knew what is was.

I keep visiting this thread because I really want to know the outcome.

Come on Royal Caribbean - give us a reason

Ollienbertsmum~

(1) Royal Caribbean HAS a reason and they have given Hoops the option of a subpeona should he like to learn what their reason is...

(2) The new beds are fabulous...I can't imagine a compaint :) But, no, your party will be able to continue sailing without you.

(3) Some people like the drama and will complain to get the attention they want (I'm not saying Hoops is doing this because he comes across as a nice guy)

(4) I'd like to know what happened too, but it is likely, even if he is reinstated with RCI, he will sign a confidentiality agreement or, at the very least, be asked not to discuss it in a public forum.

(5) For those of you cancelling your vacation and emailing Adam Goldstein, you don't even KNOW Hoops and getting involved in his situation (seeing as you don't actually know what he did/didn't do) is absolutely none of your business. this is now a legal issue between RCI and Hoops. I'm not trying to be mean, but do you really know who you are defending?

I hope he gets some resolution. He seems like a nice guy and I hope this is a case of mistaken identity...

Sam :D

Folks....some of you are ready to cancel a cruise based on what? Because someone you don't even know writes a story that may or may not be true? Please.........

I have sailed on RCCL 8 times. I have read countless times on these boards how terrible RCCL is because someone got mad about something and didn't get their way. Every time that happens, we CC'ers only get to read one side of the story. My own experiences tell me different. I have had a couple of minor issues while on board and one major problem during my RCCL history. In each and every case the problem was handled immediately and professionally, including one time being moved to another cabin. At no time did me or anyone in my family make a scene or demand anything from RCCL and I think that has a lot to do with how we were treated.

I know this....RCCL didn't get to be as large as are by throwing customers away. That makes absolutely no sense. Why would they do that? Either they have a very legitimate reason to ban the OP which they are NOT going to spread all over the internet so they can get sued (like any of us have a 'right' to know what happened between the company and the OP to begin with) or there has been a HUGE mistake made for which they will eventually fix once they realize it using they same principal as above....they are not in business to tick off good paying customers.

90% of the posts here have taken the OP at his word and that's fine. I also hope it is all a big mistake and gets fixed.

However, to buy into the idea that RCCL is automatically wrong without having all of the facts just isn't logical.....

houcruzer

That's how it is on the Explorer also. I guess each ship does it differently:o

I'll comment about the towel situation though, since that has been rebrought up so many time (is that a word). What was happening with the towels was that we would bring them in to the room, he would take them and not replace them, thus NO towels.

Our big concern was that we would get charged for them if they were gone for too long and he forgot.

Scott

Well this is great news that you have gotten a response. Was it an error on the part of RCCL? If so I hope you get compensation. :)

Scott

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll comment about the towel situation though, since that has been rebrought up so many time (is that a word). What was happening with the towels was that we would bring them in to the room, he would take them and not replace them, thus NO towels.

Our big concern was that we would get charged for them if they were gone for too long and he forgot.

Well that's understandable and you would have been charged. :o

• Administrators

Hello:

FireFighterHoop (aka Scott) has asked us to close this thread. We will honor his request.

I have asked him to contact me when and if he is ready to post the outcome at which time I will reopen the thread for him.

Understand, too, that it is totally his decision in HOW he posts the outcome; should he decide to say it was simply resolved to his satisfaction, for example, I would hope we all respect that.

Laura

Archived