Am I just being picky tonight????

I was just browsing the boards and in one of the boxes saw an ad for a travel candle tins. Im sure they are nice and all but we really shouldnt have these on a cruise discussion board. I like to assume most of us have the common sense not to burn a candle on the ship but there are lots of newbies here too. Am I just being picky tonight???

You are 100% correct. The last thing i would want is someone to think its a good idea to bring these on a cruise ship! Can you imagine in rough water or if someone is just careless and leaves it lit while sleeping or even forgets to put it out before leaving the cabin! Candles DO NOT belong on a cruise ship..or in a hotel in my opinion.

My firewall or popup blocker prevents me from seeing the ads, thank heavens! I just see a blank space in a post. They may be paying the bills, but they're annoying to say the least.

Yeah....I still don't see it.....so if anyone does...just go to "that" particular post and look at the top for the (# of the post) and then right click it to get the properties and then copy and paste here.

I guess someone is going to be busy tomorrow adding a filter to the Google Ads so ads like that do not slide through. Good catch!

Although it does reminds me of our last cruise when my wife was not thinking when shopping in Playa del Carmen and bought a souvenir gel candle. Security stopped her when entering the ship at port and told her that candle were forbidden. She explained that it was the only thing she bought for herself and she had no intentions of EVER breaking the shrink wrap seal. They allowed her to bring it onboard if she kept it packed away.

Yeah that's it.....but it's changed now as they rotate....BUT...I read it before it changed and it never promotes taking this on a cruise...which would be completely wrong as candles and cruiseships don't go together!:eek:

So I guess it's ok.....but if the ad were to say "Take this on your next cruise".....I don't think it would still be around as the CC marketing dept is aware of the candles on cruise ship issues.:)

Archived