San Francsico Roundtrip

woodmill100

I know with us booking a roundtrip there won't be a bad side of the ship to have a cabin on but when we are coming back into SF, we'd like to have breakfast on the balcony - so which side is best? Also, is there a preference to port/starboard for Glacier Bay.

Many thanks for responding.

You may not see much coming back in to San Francisco. Both our Alaska trips from there got into port very, very early. We missed it. Mexico roundtrip also got in very early, and again we missed it. 5 day Pacific Coast cruise arrived about 7:00 am. We were up and looking on that one, but the fog was so heavy that we were nearly UNDER the Golden Gate before we saw it. San Francisco is, however, spectacular to leave from!

As stated earlier you want to be on the right side (starboard) coming into SF. I also agree that it will be dark when you sail in so you won't see much. Doubt that they will be serving you on disembarkation morning so if you want to eat on the balcony you would probably have to bring down food yourself from the buffet. (Don't think there is room service that morning)

Annd I also agree with Port for Glacier bay

Archived