Galapagos Islands are a must

12B@C

What a marvelous journey to the Galapagos Islands !! We just returned and think it was the best place we have been to by far.

If any of you have been there or are thinking of going have a look at the following website: http://www.*****.com/travel1.htm

We tried to cover most of the trip including details about Quito and the Xpedition, our Celebrity cruise ship. We welcome comments and would be glad to answer any questions you might have.

• 1 month later...

We too loved our visit to the Galapagos Islands even though we were on a different ship altogether to Celebrity. We enjoyed our visits each day to the various islands and our small group of 10 that we were with on each island bonded so well together. It is a fascinating place to visit and if you have the time and energy it is well worth it.

Jennie

• 2 weeks later...

This is a wonderful website. Your enjoyment of the trip and enthusiasm come through in your prose and pictures.

I would love to do this trip. My husband and I were in Guayaquil about 25 years ago, and had planned to take a freighter over to the Galapagos, but the trip was cancelled when they decided to take a load of fuel oil over instead. At that time we were too cheap to fly over. I wish we had spent the money.

I would love to take this trip on the Xpedition!

Leigh

Your photos bring back memories of Quito and the Galapagos. We went on Lindblad Polaris last year, and indeed this is one of the best trips ever taken.

I am heading to Peru this weekend, and it will be interesting to see another South American country. I've been reading up on my history and it is fascinating what I've learned about the continent nearest to our own. It's shocking how little I was taught in school (and I've been educated to the Masters Degree level.)

• 4 months later...

It is really interesting to see comments from other travelers who have been (or would like to go) to the islands.

It has been several months now, but my wife and I keep talking about this trip and all the wonderful animals we encountered.

Thank you friends who responded about our web site pictures and commentary.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Lair Bear -

We are planning the Celebrity Expedition Galapagos cruise and the Machu Picchu cruisetour. Do you know the best time of year to do this cruise?

We did it twice on the Xpedition. July 05 and Dec06---Not much difference except by Christmas almost all of the magnificent Albatrosses are gone. I am going back again July 09 and have also selected a time during a new moon for the star gazing is amazing then---the full moon last time really washed out the sky.

Ebielik, we were there end of April. We were told that it was a good time to see more of the courting birds and the weather is not quite as warm as later in the summer. However, this is also the high season.

Since we were there only one time, I couldn't vouch for the rest of the year. BUT there is so much to see and it is so exciting that I would do it again any time.

Lair Bear

We were on the Celebrity Xpedition in May 2005 and had a fabulous time. Lots of baby animals, too, around this time of year, and the water (for snorkeling) was warmer than other times of year, so we were told. We are world travelers and veteran cruisers and our Galapagos trip was probably our best and definitely most unique trip ever. We loved it so much that we are planning to return again on the Celebrity Xpedition in May 2009. I strongly recommend this trip to anyone who is adventurous and loves wildlife. It will amaze you and will be like nothing else you have ever experienced. We cannot wait to return!!

AussieGal - saw on your post where you are doing the 35 day from Hong Kong to Athens on April 8 - we have friends who are doing the same trip on the same date- we are envious - they are retired and we are not (a few years to go!) and sure wish we had the time to do this trip. I guess we have this to look forward to in retirement years!! Have a wonderful cruise!!;)

AussieGal - saw on your post where you are doing the 35 day from Hong Kong to Athens on April 8 - we have friends who are doing the same trip on the same date- we are envious - they are retired and we are not (a few years to go!) and sure wish we had the time to do this trip. I guess we have this to look forward to in retirement years!! Have a wonderful cruise!!;)

I saw on your post where you are doing the 35 day from Hong Kong to Athens on April 8 - our friends are doing the same cruise on April 8 - we are envious - they are retired and we are not (a few years to go) - sure wish we had the time to do this trip. I guess we have these longer cruises to look forward to in retirement years!! Have a wonderful cruise!!;)

CRUISERTN,

Thanks for your good wishes. We are very much looking forward to this wonderful cruise with so much to see and do.

We too are retired and since then have done some wonderful trips including Antarctica, Machu Pichu, Igauzu Falls and the Galapagos Islands in Jan/Feb of 2006. We also did a wonderful cruise that went from Vancouver through the Panama up the Amazon as far as Manaus and finished in Tampa in Sept/Oct 2006.

This past year we went from Tahiti to Hawaii on the Tahitian Princesss in June and besides a few smaller trips went to Ireland and Italy for 5 weeks in Sept/Oct.

I can thoroughly recommend retirement as long as you have good health.

I hope we get to meet your friends whilst on board

Jennie

We loved it so much that we are planning to return again on the Celebrity Xpedition in May 2009. I strongly recommend this trip to anyone who is adventurous and loves wildlife. It will amaze you and will be like nothing else you have ever experienced. We cannot wait to return!!

When in May? We and another couple are doing the May 10th sailing in '09. If it's the same date, I started a Roll Call for it.

What a marvelous journey to the Galapagos Islands !! We just returned and think it was the best place we have been to by far.

If any of you have been there or are thinking of going have a look at the following website: http://www.*****.com/travel1.htm

We tried to cover most of the trip including details about Quito and the Xpedition, our Celebrity cruise ship. We welcome comments and would be glad to answer any questions you might have.

WOW!!!! What a wonderful website.... our trip is still more than a year away and we have vacation - not all cruising- coming up sooner. This is whetting our appetite!!!!!!!:)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived