Galapagos Islands are a must

12B@C

Thank you for sharing your great site. We plan on doing the same tour April 24, 2009. Your pictures and review have us so excited anticpipating the trip.

Once you book it, be sure to come over to the Roll Call for this trip (April 26th sail date). There are 8 of us (4 couples) doing the 11 nighter.

Barb :)

I've been researching the Galapagos trip for my 24-yr-old daughter and I for some time in the coming 6-18 months. The more I learn, the more torn I become. Is there anyone out there that can share experiences on smaller (16 passenger ships) versus the Xpedition and/or 48-passenger ships? The reviews seem so positive on Xpedition, but I don't like that it doesn't go to Genovesa or some of the smaller islands, yet really on the smaller ones do. But, the inconsistency in reviews of the smaller ships makes me leary. I'm half tempted to try and just bite the financial bullet and book one week on Xpedition and another on a 16-passenger since the air/park fees are already sunk anyway! :)

Has anyone traveled in November? Comments? (April/May are being touted as really good months for the warmth of water, but my priority is low season (less children, crowds) but lots of snorkeling and the opportunity to see/swim w/sea lion pups.

Has anyone traveled on the Tip Top III or IV, Eclipse, Evolution, or Isabella II? Comments?

Thanks for sharing the great website, PABLONDE!

Regent, Mariner - Alaska 2004

Regent, Explorer II - Antarctica 2005

Micato (not a cruise) - Kenya & Tanzania 2006

Regent, Paul Gaugain - French Polynesia 2006/7

A&K (not a cruise) -- Machu Picchu 2007

SeaDream II -- Caribbean 2007

Galapagos is in the planning stages!

• 4 months later...

12B@C, those are marvelous photos. I wish mine had turned out as well as yours. I went with the Quasar Expeditions last January (http://www.galapagosexpeditions.com/galapagos_main.php?activo=2). I'm so jealous that you saw a Galapagos owl. I saw the Galapagos hawk, but not the owl. The naturalist on board knew exactly which rock was the hawk's favorite perch. Keep cruising!

What a marvelous journey to the Galapagos Islands !! We just returned and think it was the best place we have been to by far.

If any of you have been there or are thinking of going have a look at the following website: http://www.*****.com/travel1.htm

We tried to cover most of the trip including details about Quito and the Xpedition, our Celebrity cruise ship. We welcome comments and would be glad to answer any questions you might have.

OMG!! What a wonderful site!! Thank you so much for posting it for us to enjoy. Very well done!

We just booked this trip with Machu Picchu last week and I can't get enough of it. I keep reading and researching and the more I see the more I get excited.

I don't think I can't wait but that is half the fun too.

Thanks again!

• 2 months later...
I too have photos of those wonderful Blue Footed Boobies. Your photo has brought back great memories of our fantastic 5 days in the Galapagos Islands last Feburary, 2006.

Jennie

Hopefully you will see this, Jenny, or someone else who has been to Galapagos in February.....I am beginning to think about what we need for our Xpedition trip clothes-wise, bug spray-wise, etc. What were some of those small details that made this time of the year so great...or things to beware of that you hadn't learned before you went. We have gotten many ideas with all of the sites, but hear nothing about this time of the year.

Nancy

Tha Galapagos are practically on the equator. Climate is the same year-round. The only difference is whether you are there in the rainy season or not.

Check the weather websites for historical weather data and expected rainfall.

Thanks....so I guess wear shorts, sunscreen, a big hat, sunglasses and bring your rain gear for Feb.

But are there insects all year round?

N

• 4 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived