How likely is it that a triple will open up?

I'm looking at the Thanksgiving cruise on Freedom of the Seas. Right now there are no triples left. I would be traveling with my two children and they are not old enough to be in a room by themselves (nor do I want to pay a single premium anyway). How likely is it that a triple would open up for a Thanksgiving cruise? What would be the best time to look or should I continue checking every day?

I'm looking at the Thanksgiving cruise on Freedom of the Seas. Right now there are no triples left. I would be traveling with my two children and they are not old enough to be in a room by themself (nor do I want to pay a single premium anyway). How likely is it that a trip would open up?

I have seen that happen on several of our sailings.. usually around the time of final payment or a month or so before sail date. Not sure about a Thanksgiving sailing in particular, that could go either way with kids being out of school. It may just really be full... I would just keep checking back with a mock reservation on the website.

All you can do is just keep checking. Someone most likely would have to cancel. Is the ship booked entirely yet, if not maybe some singles will and thus the total count might be lower. Also, are there just no more triples or can you not book it due to capacity? Good Luck!

That is one of those school holiday situations that is unlikely to change because people plan them so far in advance. If I were you I would check everyday and as you get closer to the 70 day mark maybe twice a day. When final payment is due forces people to cancel if they aren't sure about going. Good luck. :)

That is one of those school holiday situations that is unlikely to change because people plan them so far in advance. If I were you I would check everyday and as you get closer to the 70 day mark maybe twice a day. When final payment is due forces people to cancel if they aren't sure about going. Good luck. :)

I think final payment for this one will be 90 days out since it is a holiday cruise.

I think final payment for this one will be 90 days out since it is a holiday cruise.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do;jsessionid=0000NNidM7ev7KsAZmC4DBXX27u:10kohi76p?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=After+You+Purchase&faqId=2688&faqSubjectId=323&faqType=faq

Check out the FAQs. Q: When is the final payment for my cruise vacation due?s.gifA: Final payment of the balance must be received at Royal Caribbean's offices at least 60 days prior to the sailing date for 3, 4, or 5-night cruise vacations and 70 days prior to the sailing date for 7-night or longer cruise vacations. The payment schedule for groups is different from that of individuals. You will usually receive cruise and air documents no later than 28 days before the start of your cruise.

For all holiday sailings, (Christmas and New Year's), payment is due 90 days prior to sailing.

So, I'd call and ask to be sure about T-giving. :)

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do;jsessionid=0000NNidM7ev7KsAZmC4DBXX27u:10kohi76p?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=After+You+Purchase&faqId=2688&faqSubjectId=323&faqType=faq

Check out the FAQs. Q: When is the final payment for my cruise vacation due?s.gifA: Final payment of the balance must be received at Royal Caribbean's offices at least 60 days prior to the sailing date for 3, 4, or 5-night cruise vacations and 70 days prior to the sailing date for 7-night or longer cruise vacations. The payment schedule for groups is different from that of individuals. You will usually receive cruise and air documents no later than 28 days before the start of your cruise.

For all holiday sailings, (Christmas and New Year's), payment is due 90 days prior to sailing.

So, I'd call and ask to be sure about T-giving. :)

See what happens when I "think".....:p

Have you tried calling RCI to find out if anything's available? I was looking for a triple for one of our sailings and the websites showed none available but when I called the RCI agent was able to give me one.

Are there no quads available either because you can book a quad with only three. If they moved you to accomodate a party of four later they'd still have to put you in at least a triple anyway.

Goodml has an excellent suggestion for you to try. Or you can ask them to look for doubles that are booked in triples or quads and they can and will move them to another cabin. this raises alot of heat with folks but is perfectly legal for the cruiseline to do and it happens occasionally.

Deliad,

If only I could affort the Liberty I would certainly go. Price is, unfortunately, a factor here.

Goodml and Gkrebs, I did call the cruiseline directly that there was nothing. I may try back in a few to see about the idea of seeing if a double is booked in a triple room.

Pick out a specific triple stateroom, and call RCCL to ask about booking that stateroom. Some of the aft staterooms are especially popular and are being reserve way in advance by twosome couples, where the stateroom will actually hold triples. I know that at one time, were able to reserved an aft corner balcony (when it was not showing availability) because we asked our TA if it was available.

I'm looking at the Thanksgiving cruise on Freedom of the Seas. Right now there are no triples left.

One question I have... Which category are you looking into? If it is any category other than a balcony and above, the above suggestion will not work. If you are looking for an inside or ocean-view, you may be out of luck (unless you want to pay more) and will have to wait on cancellations.

Interesting . . . I called RCI back and asked about a triple. The lady who answered the phone asked if I would be ready to make a deposit on it today and when I told her yes, she said to hold on and she was going to "beg" for a triple for me. She returned about three minutes later and said she had one room available that I could have. The interesting thing is that she gave me an option of several different floors, interior versus oceanview, etc. Trust me, I'm not complaining because I was able to book my trip, but it's funny how they seem to have the inventory but for some reason are not offering it on the website. I also noticed that it depends on the PCP too because I called three different times and she was the only one willing to look into it for me whereas the others just said there was nothing available. Also, since I was able to make my choice from several different locations on the ship, it does seem that they hold rooms in reserve.

The reason why I was prompted to call about FOS today is because I noticed there was a price drop on the interior rooms - from what was $999 a few weeks ago to $699. But, even though they are advertising these new rates, they are not selling triples even though they have the rooms available. I'm not quite sure why. Could it be that they are holding out the triples because they know that families really want them and they can get more money later?

That's exactly the sort of thing that happened to us when we were trying to book a triple and that's why I wondered if you had called. It's really strange how the system works but :D you got your cabin and at a great price so I'm glad it all worked out for you.

As we all know, if you don't like the answer you get from one RCI rep just hang up and try again!

Archived