Question for you Floridians

Does anyone know of any cruiselines out of Jacksonville (possibly), or anywhere else that goes to the Keys and stays overnight?

thanks!

I never heard of one and lived in Florida 13 or so years.

RCI's Rhapsody which I think just quit going to Key West, stayed until midnight, so you could do the night life, you might find another ship like that? (might have been in port from 3 pm to 11 pm, trying to remember)

Does anyone know of any cruiselines out of Jacksonville (possibly), or anywhere else that goes to the Keys and stays overnight?

thanks!

I don't know any that go out of Jax, but there are some that go out of Tampa and have Key West as one of their ports.

I'm always looking at the deals RC offers, and you don't know how lucky you are that you can take advantage of a quick 3 or 4 nighter without having to worry about air fare. If I lived close to a port, I would probably be doing a couple of quick ones a year to satisfy my cruise fix. :(

I'm always looking at the deals RC offers, and you don't know how lucky you are that you can take advantage of a quick 3 or 4 nighter without having to worry about air fare. If I lived close to a port, I would probably be doing a couple of quick ones a year to satisfy my cruise fix. :(

Oh, yes we do! :D

It is an occasional subject of discussion around here that Key West requires cruise ships to leave port before the sun goes down, so as not to block the view of the sunset for the residents and land visitors.

If that is indeed the case, it would imply that there are no cruise ships that stay overnight, in Key West at least.

Theron

The Celebration still sails out of Jacksonville, but is in Key West from 7:00 Am to 3:00PM. Never head of any ship staying overnight. Only way it could would be if it docks at the Navy Yard, and not downtown at Mallory Square.

It is an occasional subject of discussion around here that Key West requires cruise ships to leave port before the sun goes down, so as not to block the view of the sunset for the residents and land visitors.

If that is indeed the case, it would imply that there are no cruise ships that stay overnight, in Key West at least.

Theron

Thanks for that bit of info. I always wondered why the ships left before sunset. I must have missed any previous posts about it.

Rhapsody (for now) docks at Mallory Square and is there from 3p until 1a. We have sailed twice to Key West ( first stop, docking at Mallory Square at these times).

Wow, that would seem to contradict other reports then... but I don't see Rhapsody scheduled in Key West any time in the next year...

Theron

The only cruise out of Jacksonville is the Carnival Celebration which was our first cruise a few years ago. It is an older,smaller ship but we loved it. It want to Nassau and Key West, total of 5 days.

Tina

Yes - Rhapsody did stay there after sunset, and it was beautiful, btw - but Rhapsody is going to reposition and start an Asian route after Labor Day, 2007. That is why you don't see it on any schedule for Key West.

Maddle

Archived