Right/Wrong side of ship?

mommy2jays

I am travelling roundtrip to Alaska from Vancouver in August. Would anyone be able to tell me if my balcony cabin on Port side of the ship will allow us views of Hubbard Glacier? Is there a right or wrong side of the ship for this itinerary? (Vancouver, Ketchican, Hubbard Glacier, Juneau, Icy Strait, Vancouver).

Thanks in advance for any help!

I am travelling roundtrip to Alaska from Vancouver in August. Would anyone be able to tell me if my balcony cabin on Port side of the ship will allow us views of Hubbard Glacier? Is there a right or wrong side of the ship for this itinerary? (Vancouver, Ketchican, Hubbard Glacier, Juneau, Icy Strait, Vancouver).

Thanks in advance for any help!

I believe the captain will turn the ship at Glacier so everyone has a good view.. In addition, try to walk around the deck, a very good excercise and you may see more actions happening on both sides of the ship

For Hubbard, the "right" side is the front. :) You can see Hubbard from a LONG way off from this vantage point. Frankly, if you just wait for the "turn" this is a VERY small fraction of the total time you could be viewing the glacier. Determine what your interest and priority is?? If you want extensive glacier viewing, then you will need to move from a side only viewing point.

Archived