QE2 ladies in trousers

Nitty

[quote name='Nitty']sorry forgot,
louis is french. you'll only find gianni at the danieli.
[B]lv stuff normally is fake[/B]. it is so desired the market is there. nitty has a couple of pairs of boots (had to work hard that week!) but unlike the bags they are understated.
glenn.[/quote]

I've spent (over the years in total) a significant amount of money on LV goods from the Manchester store. Are you telling me that my goods are fake?:eek:

[quote name='Anteeta']I've spent (over the years in total) a significant amount of money on LV goods from the Manchester store. Are you telling me that my goods are fake?:eek:[/quote]

Well, I'm not.

But I'm telling you that I guess people assume they are. At least I do. Save, as stated, the time I saw them at the Danielli......

Matthew

[quote name='Kindlychap']If I'm a guest, can I have my money back from the last three and one half years please?

Matthew[/quote]

Me too Matthew; you'll note I used the word guest with inverted commas! I was adopting terminology used by 'Cunard' viz 'stateroom'.:)

neither am i. i was just answering mathew lightheartedly. i've spent a good deal of money on the boots and the bags too and it actually really annoys me that people can get the fake stuff so easily.
glenn.

[quote name='dak']Aneeta,
I sincerely hope that you meant [I]pronunciation, [/I]and we are simply dealing with a typographical error!;)

David[/quote]

:eek: :eek: we are indeed dealing with a typographical error!:)

My apologies:)

[quote name='Wadadli1']But what I said is exactly what you said.

Women will have their friend over to show them some item of clothing they got that makes them so excited and happy they want to share. The "is this dress okay?" is the more shy question of the two. That's all.

I may be clueless about some things, but I would be willing to bet I know a smidge more about what women feel about pretty dresses. And women don't even need to go on cruises to have pretty dresses and be excited about them, but it helps some. ;)[/quote]

i didn't think you got it because i couldn't see why karie's argument is 'specious at best' and i thought the new thing called 'the internet' was a little too sarcastic towards the poor woman when she was only trying to say what she thought.
you did say you wondered why people kept doing the 'is this dress okay'thing when all they had to do was read the code. i'm just trying to point out that half the things we all say here are just to communicate about a mutual topic that we're all excited about, we just run out of things to write sometimes and go over old ground. it doesn't matter, it's all still fun and the newbies like nitty and i can join in with a topic we haven't participated in before.
it doesn't matter, please keep addressing my posts because you are one of the more colorful characters on here:).
kind regards, glenn.

[quote name='Nitty']neither am i. i was just answering mathew lightheartedly. i've spent a good deal of money on the boots and the bags too and it actually really annoys me that people can get the fake stuff so easily.
glenn.[/quote]

But the fake stuff is just that. It's fake. You can spot it so can others who know the difference. If some believe or assume that the real thing is fake, that's their loss and not our problem.:)

[quote name='Anteeta']But the fake stuff is just that. It's fake. You can spot it so can others who know the difference. If some believe or assume that the real thing is fake, that's their loss and not our problem.:)[/quote]

and don't even get me started on watches:mad:

[quote name='Kindlychap']Well, I'm not.

But I'm telling you that I guess people assume they are. At least I do. Save, as stated, the time I saw them at the Danielli......

Matthew[/quote]

But Matthew, it doesn't really matter to me what other people assume. And your argument is now confounded..'Well I'm not...........At least I do'.

Regardless of what you saw at the Danielli, please let me assure you that there are may other instances where one can observe the 'real' thing.:)

[quote name='Anteeta']:eek: :eek: we are indeed dealing with a typographical error!:)

My apologies:)[/quote]
Shame on you! How could you pass up such a perfect opportunity to misspell "apologies"?

Paul

[quote name='Anteeta']Me too Matthew; you'll note I used the word guest with inverted commas! I was adopting terminology used by 'Cunard' viz 'stateroom'.:)[/quote]

I thought that it was "statecupboard" on decks four and five....

Matthew
*busy ducking*

[quote name='Anteeta']But Matthew, it doesn't really matter to me what other people assume. And your argument is now confounded..'Well I'm not...........At least I do'.

Regardless of what you saw at the Danielli, please let me assure you that there are may other instances where one can observe the 'real' thing.:)[/quote]

No offence meant. What I actually meant was that I do not question the genuine nature of your things. However, my instant assumption (made without inspection) is that LV stuff is fake.

Possibly from spending too much time on Ebay!

Of course the genuine stuff is out there. Of course it is seen outside the Danielli. Of course I could see the difference if I looked closely.

But I don't.

If you regard that as my loss, I'm happy with that. As long as we remain friends!

Matthew

[quote name='Nitty']i didn't think you got it because i couldn't see why karie's argument is 'specious at best' and i thought the new thing called 'the internet' was a little too sarcastic towards the poor woman when she was only trying to say what she thought.
you did say you wondered why people kept doing the 'is this dress okay'thing when all they had to do was read the code. i'm just trying to point out that half the things we all say here are just to communicate about a mutual topic that we're all excited about, we just run out of things to write sometimes and go over old ground. it doesn't matter, it's all still fun and the newbies like nitty and i can join in with a topic we haven't participated in before.
it doesn't matter, please keep addressing my posts because you are one of the more colorful characters on here:).
kind regards, glenn.[/quote]

Alright then. Since we now both agree on everything, I will defer to you, save to ask that you please make certain you get a picture of Baby Nitty/Matthew Jr. in his (equally fine) finery. And other pix, too. I am always happy to ooh and ahh over other peoples' babies. And always grateful my babies are grown up. They don't run away as fast. ;)

(Just in case I wasn't clear--no sarcasm here--sincerity only. Promise)

[quote name='Nitty']and don't even get me started on watches:mad:[/quote]

Tee hee! :) I have 3 watches I wear regularly; a Tissot of some 30 years vintage, a Gucci (8 years old) and a Dior which was a partnership present last year.

I love all of them for different reasons. I took all 3 on the QE2 Caribbean cruise last Nov and each was commented on during the cruise. I've seen the fakes. They wear out in a couple of weeks. Quality speaks for itself. Those familiar with quality will know the real thing. Good manners will not permit the public expose of those sporting fakes. Imitation is the sincerest...etc.

My belief is buy what you like and can afford with comfort. Enjoy it if it gives you pleasure. Don't worry too much about what others think. Life's too short.

Which, going back to the original post, is why I say sparkly trousers are fine for informal. And if you want to extend that to formal and you're happy with it, then go for it. No one will mistake you for a potential Carnival (or whatever) 'guest'.:)

[quote name='Kindlychap']I thought that it was "statecupboard" on decks four and five....

Matthew
*busy ducking*[/quote]

Matthew, you should know better than to castigate decks by number.:eek: Our last voyage was on deck 1 and even on deck 4 in the past we have had a 'statecupboard' with a square footage significantly larger than some of those on decks with lower numbers. I could surprise you with comment about Grill..........................but not yet!:)

[quote name='Kindlychap']No offence meant. What I actually meant was that I do not question the genuine nature of your things. However, my instant assumption (made without inspection) is that LV stuff is fake.

Possibly from spending too much time on Ebay!

Of course the genuine stuff is out there. Of course it is seen outside the Danielli. Of course I could see the difference if I looked closely.

But I don't.

If you regard that as my loss, I'm happy with that. As long as we remain friends!

Matthew[/quote]

Anyone close to the Quorn will be a 'friend'.:)

We're probably 'talking from the same hymn sheet' , albeit in a different language times. I'm sure we'd get on well Matthew; we have standards, so no hard feelings.:)

[quote name='Anteeta']... On the question of propriety, as far as I'm concernd if [B]THE[/B] Queen (as in [B]HM [/B]Queen Elizabeth ll) is happy to accept dress trousers at formal functions, then 'guests' on QE2 should be prepared to follow suit.:)[/quote]
Kilts were experiencing one of their periodic episodes of interest in the US some thirty years ago when this exchange occurred between a young lady and a salesman at Brooks Brothers in New YorK:

YL: I would like to buy a kilt.
S: Certainly Miss. What is the gentleman's size?
YL: The kilt is for me.
S: I am sorry, Miss. Brooks Brothers only sells kilts to gentlemen.
YL: That's ridiculous, Queen Elizabeth wears a kilt!
S: Perhaps, Miss. But she did not buy it at Brooks Brothers.

I wouldn't bet more than a nickel (2.5 New Pence, and sinking) that it really happened, but I hope it did.

Paul

[quote name='Anteeta']Tee hee! :) I have 3 watches I wear regularly; a Tissot of some 30 years vintage, a Gucci (8 years old) and a Dior which was a partnership present last year.
between nitty and i we have four. 1 is nitty's the other 3 are mine:D.
i won't go into detail, suffice to say they are the very 'copyable' models.

Now look all this talk about LV. I very hope that this does not extend to luggage! That is just too "Beckham" for words. :D ;)

As for children on formal nights, we have a lovely little suit for our little man, only problem is that it has tails! Should I lash myself now?:p

This thread has been puzzling me. I thought Luncheon Vouchers were a thing of the past.:confused:

Why would one need them on Cunard anyway and are they really worth counterfeiting?:)

David

[quote name='lexxity']Now look all this talk about LV. I very hope that this does not extend to luggage! That is just too "Beckham" for words. :D ;)

As for children on formal nights, we have a lovely little suit for our little man, only problem is that it has tails! Should I lash myself now?:p[/quote]

only if it's burberry check:eek:
glenn.

[quote name='Nitty'][quote name='Anteeta']Tee hee! :) I have 3 watches I wear regularly; a Tissot of some 30 years vintage, a Gucci (8 years old) and a Dior which was a partnership present last year.
between nitty and i we have four. 1 is nitty's the other 3 are mine:D.
i won't go into detail, suffice to say they are the very 'copyable' models.[/quote]

Snap. My wife has one, I have three. Two of mine were inherited. Our everyday watches are from the same maker. I don't use either of the inherited ones every day.

Matthew

[quote name='lexxity']Burberry check! Oh NO! Poor old Burberry, totally hijacked by WAGS and their followers.

Tell me will you be taking your Hackett Polo shirt emblazoned with a HUGE number 1?[/quote]

burberry bit the dust when daniella westbrook dressed herself and her baby from head to foot in it and then bought the matching pram:eek:. i can honestly say i've never seen anything so expensive look so cheap!
i tend to buy stuff these days a little more understated than when i was in my 20s. i do like versace and armani but my favourite at the mo is paul smith. nobody knows what it is though.
glenn.

Archived