How long was the first cruise?

How many days was your first cruise?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. How many days was your first cruise?

• 3-4
    • 5-6
    • 7+

How long was everybody's first cruise? We're trying to convince some friends to on Freedom with us, but they want to start off with a short cruise :rolleyes: .

Our first was 3 day at Disney World,4 days Disney Magic. It was great, but not long enough.:)

Our first was a 3 day on Disney. I was afraid to go longer because I am extremely susceptible to motion sickness. WHAT A HUGE MISTAKE!!! Pills and patches prevented the sicknes and I did NOT want to get off of the ship after three days. I should have booked seven. In fact we came home and within 24 hours booked our second cruise on RCCL.

Cheryl

My first was a 7 day on the Serenade. Port intensive as we weren't sure how the seas would treat us and we wanted to get to land as often as possible if we would be afflicted by motion sickness. It seemed too short! My sis and I enjoyed it so much that we couldn't see going on anything shorter. 2nd cruise was an 8 day and the rest have been 7 day with added land time.

Now, just about everyone in my office had been on a cruise and enjoyed being there so I wasn't as "frightened" about enjoying it and feeling the the need to get off.

Good luck convincing!!!

Jen

We took our first cruise on Adventure out of San Juan back in October 2006 for a 7 day. It was a big leap since neither one of us had been on a cruise and weren't even sure if we would like it or not. Needless to say, we are hooked. The 7 days was the perfect amount of time for us to really get a good feel for what cruising was like. You get enough time to really explore the ship and enjoy all it has to offer as well as get a good feel for the different ports.

Prior to our first cruise, our vacations tended to be 5 day or 7 day stays in Las Vegas or Florida. Now I can't imagine staying in one place for that long.

When I talk to people about cruising for the first time I usually say try a 5 day or more to really get a good feel for it. 3 or 4 day cruises are too short because you are just getting settled and into the groove of cruising when you need to disembark. 5 days or more are good because you have time to get settled in and really can start to enjoy it.

I was 14 years old on my first cruise. It was a 14 day cruise from Guadaloupe and all the islands southward to Brazil and then 1000 miles down the Amazon to Manaus. It was over the Christmas holiday and into New Years. Loved it. However, it was on Epirotiki cruiseline and had so many problems that my parents were sooooo let down. I never knew of the problems so they were thankful for that. Last year I talked to them about the 14day cruise ( cuz i got them to go on the Mariner with DW and I and it took some real arm twisting)and they told of the nightmares they had on the ship.. SOOOOOOOOO many issues. Well, fastforward to today and they are now hooked again. They loved the Mariner and I knew they would. We are going to book another cruise with them soon. TTFN

Blake

I had to take my DH kicking & screaming on our first cruise on Golden Princess - 7 Day. He was bound and determined to hate it. As it was, he enjoyed it so much that after 4 days on the ship he said to book next year's but to make it a 10 day because a 7 day is too short! Now we still do 7 days - but it's part of a back to back!

How long was everybody's first cruise? We're trying to convince some friends to on Freedom with us, but they want to start off with a short cruise :rolleyes: .

I have never done anything shorter than 7 days. Personally a shorter cruise would not entice me at all.

7 day empress of the seas out of NYC pier :)

the ship is still here (not for long), the NYC port is not used anymore.

it was a GREAT cruise :) really made a difference in me loving cruising and loving RCI's ships.

7 Nights, Western Caribbean. :cool:

I too was afraid of going too long on my first cruise. I was afraid of getting sea sick. I was so glad that I had no problems.

I do like the 4 nights too. We did that last time.

What ever they do they will love it. Have fun. :D

We started with a 4 day, but they had to drag us off the ship, it just wasn't long enough :p !

We also started with a 4 night to make sure we'd like cruising. I couldn't book a 7-night fast enough after that. My only mistake was doing it on Carnival (Paradise). Totally bad experience and if it had been my first I would never cruise again. We turned around 8 months later and did another 4-night on RCI (to make sure it was a fluke) and RCI came through with flying colors. Been cruising ever since as much as we can afford to.

Our first two were on Carnival - 4-nighters. The first was awesome, because we didn't know what to expect. The second was an exact repeat of the first - no surprises. Our third cruise was on RCCL's Voyager OTS. OMG! What a difference! Seven heavenly days! The ships themselves, the service, the activities, etc.! We are hooked on cruising and on RCCL! We might try Celebrity some day - maybe for a longer Mediterranean cruise. Since they are part of RCCL's family, I know they'll be great, too.

Archived