Noise from heli-pad crowd?

Hi,

We are booked in a front-facing family oceanview on the Radiance. It has occurred to me that the folks gathering on the heli-pad may create a lot of noise. Has anyone experienced the noise level in these cabins? They are one deck up, no balcony. I am hoping not. I can't find any reference to a noise problem in any threads. If anyone has any knowledge, please let me know. The family oceanview one deck up is open and I could probably change.

mrsraggy:confused:

We had a front facing oceanview on the Radiance several years ago. I don't recall any noise at all. These windows are sealed and do not open. Because of the sharp slope of the outside skin of the ship in front, there is a 6 foot package shelf which is convenient for storing luggage and the like under the window.

That is correct. You have a view. PLus...there is never really a crowd up front. Most folks find it way to windy to stay there long. If you go the very front at night it is quite an experince......scary even.

I'm not really sure what you think folks are doing out on the helipad but I have never heard any noise coming from the area even when I'm standing on it.

What happened on the Serenade stayed on the Serenade. ;) ;)

Really, I agree with you completely. It is a calm place, even when there are a lot of people there, which doesn't happen very often.

I was just on the Mariner, in FO 8200. First of all, if you have that cabin, you are lucky! It's HUGE! I have some pics on webshots if you want to see it.

We heard NOTHING, from the helipad, from the hall way, NOTHING. Those cabins are great because there is no "traffic pattern" walking by. We loved it, and I think I would not want any other cabin when we book again.

Karen

We stayed on the 7th deck in an OV right up there on Radiance, and you couldn't hear anything. Even the day we went to the glacier (AK cruise, obviously), once we tired of standing on the bow looking at the ice and went back to our room, you couldn't hear anything.

I take it back a LITTLE. We had been outside once, looking around the water for whales, then went back to the room and ONE time we heard a commotion from the bow...people had just seen a whale off the side. So if you have a whale sighting you might hear a SMALL noise, but it wasn't any big noise, just enough to notice.

Package shelf, eh? That's what it's for? I thought it was to lie on at night, looking up at the stars. Or the spotlight from the bridge. One of the two. :)

I would just like to remind people who are 'looking out' from their OV rooms that the glass windows are not 'one way' !:eek:

I was out on the Navigator helipad last week as we passed through the North sea canal lock at 7am. There were approx .6 people there!! I didn't even know we went through a lock to get to Amsterdam and having done the Panama canal wanted to see what it was like. Anyway, I turned to look upto the bridge to watch the Captain and his crew at work and the sights I saw!!

Barechested men who had they been taller would most definitely have been naked.!!!:eek::p

Welshlady - got to the promenade deck, 4 I think on Brilliance, go as far forward as you can and climb the stairs there and keep going forward,eventually you will get to the helipad. They only close them in rough seas and possibly at night. Never been on them at night so can't comment on that. I have seen people take sunloungers from the crew quarters and sunbathe on the helipad!!

Do they open up the helipads on all RCI ships? We're on Brilliance of the Seas next week and just wondering?? If so how do you get to it on BOS?

I know that on the Serenade, which is her sister ship, you go forward on deck 5 (same deck as the life boats) and then go up stairs near the bow of the ship.

Have a great cruise!

I was just on the Mariner, in FO 8200. First of all, if you have that cabin, you are lucky! It's HUGE! I have some pics on webshots if you want to see it.

We heard NOTHING, from the helipad, from the hall way, NOTHING. Those cabins are great because there is no "traffic pattern" walking by. We loved it, and I think I would not want any other cabin when we book again.

Karen

Since the OP is of Radiance, which is a different class than Mariner, I don't think they would be in the same stateroom. ;)

I turned to look upto the bridge to watch the Captain and his crew at work and the sights I saw!!

Barechested men who had they been taller would most definitely have been naked.!!!:eek::p

Guys with no shirts on.... isn't that exciting... :confused:

We were also in a forward facing OV cabin on Mariner (obviously different ship, but same idea...) We didn't hear any noise. Good advice from heatherb that you want to shut your curtains if you're going to be changing or walking around naked in your cabin. LOL!

Also, there is a sign posted near the windows that asks you to keep your curtains closed at night if you have the lights on, so that the light spilling from the window doesn't interfere with the captain & his crew's sight, since they're above you.

Archived