Manaus Hotel Recommendation

Sea42

Can anyone recommend a hotel in Manaus Brazil that is located in town? We will be flying into Manaus at night and would like to spend the next day looking around at the Opera house, market and musuem before boarding our ship. We would like to stay in the city so we can leave our bags at the hotel until we are ready for our cruise's afternoon departure.

Thanks,

Carol

We stayed just out of town, at the Hotel Tropical, and really liked it. Friendly staff, large rooms (a bit dated looking but who cares) and good restaurants. Manaus itself is very crowded and noisy and you may find yourself uncomfortable walking at night. It's easy to get into town from the Tropical via taxi--takes about half an hour. I think they also have a shuttle.

Sorry that I don't know any hotels in the city center.

Try to see the market and docks early in the morning. It's a fascinating and unforgettable sight--people, bananas, manioc, suitcases, fruits, furniture and everything you can think of coming on and off the riverboats.

Droopy_Sails,

Is there one main dock area in town? If I ask a taxi driver to take us to the docks will he know where to take us to see all the fun stuff?

Thanks, Carol

We went to the Hotel Tropical when we were in Manaus last October. It is a lovely resort type hotel and after seeing Manaus it would be the only Hotel that I would recommend.

We were taken there on the free shuttle that the jewellers offer ship's passengers. They have a private zoo there as well as the usual shops. It didn't take very long to go between the dock and the hotel.

There is only one dock area in the city and together with a newish terminal building which is right off the street. The walk down to the ship is along a steep incline of about 100 metres or more. The market is quite close to the docks.

Jennie

Archived