Anyone just off Legend (debarking in Venice) ?

Hi all - I'm curious if anyone is just off the Legend sailing from Barcelona to Venice? I have two questions:

1) Is the refurbishment of "Legend of the Links" complete?

and

2) Who was on this sailing? Originally the TransAtlantic was to go straight to Rome, but then some months ago the itineraries were rejiggered so that the T/A ended in Barcelona, then there was a sailing from Barcelona to Venice that was not sold to the public - I'm betting it was a charter, but am curious/nosy as to who it was. There was a lot of (understandable) gnashing of teeth when the itineraries changed, but I never heard how it all shook out. Hope the folks who were on that T/A still had a good trip!

Cheers!

I was on the Transatlantic crossing (Tampa-Barcelona 21 April - 06 May) so I can help you with both inquiries.

The Legend of the Links was completed a few days before we disembarked and open for business. It looked all right. Anyone who wants to see a picture, please e-mail. I have not yet posted my pictures to Webshots, maybe this weekend time permitting, but if you can't wait.

Yes, Barcelona-Rome sailing 06 May was a charter not open to the public. Our lovely waitress Sonya and head waiter Mario both confirmed this. I am not certain as to who chartered the ship, but they said it was a private firm.

The transatlantic crossing was glorious. Any question, please fee free to ask.

Hi all - I'm curious if anyone is just off the Legend sailing from Barcelona to Venice? I have two questions:

1) Is the refurbishment of "Legend of the Links" complete?

and

2) Who was on this sailing? Originally the TransAtlantic was to go straight to Rome, but then some months ago the itineraries were rejiggered so that the T/A ended in Barcelona, then there was a sailing from Barcelona to Venice that was not sold to the public - I'm betting it was a charter, but am curious/nosy as to who it was. There was a lot of (understandable) gnashing of teeth when the itineraries changed, but I never heard how it all shook out. Hope the folks who were on that T/A still had a good trip!

Cheers!

I got off Legend in Rome yesterday morning. What a BEAUTIFUL ship! Possibly the best cruise I have had!

Yes, the mini golf is new - now 9 holes though.

Disembarkation in Venice was easy - strolled off at 8.45, collected our bags and straight out - no passport control or customs.

The cruise was a 'repo' after the charter - Venice to Rome - 70% guests from the USA, the rest made up of Brits, Spanish, Italians, Germans and some Scandinavians. Announcements made in 3 languages - English Spanish and Italian.

I will be posting full review shortly!

• 2 weeks later...

Having just returned from our fabulous 12 day Italy/Greece/Egypt sailing on Legend, I can also authoritatively answer my own questions.

1) Legend of the links is all new - it is now approximately half the original size, and is 9 holes instead of 17 (it was 18 originally, but a hole was lopped off to add the rock wall a number of years ago). The newly-vacated space between the windows to the solarium and the golf course is occupied by several long rows of lounge chairs. Being new, the course is in fine condition, though it's not quite as "fancy" as the ones on Radiance and Voyager class ships. Playability was hugely improved, due mostly to the absence of random holes that were not actually on the green :)

2) The charter sailing from Barcelona to Venice was a whole-ship charter by a Spanish insurance company as an incentive for their staff.

and the answer to the question I didn't know to ask : There is now, at least for a time, a concierge lounge on this ship! On the fsecond day of this sailing they converted the card room to a concierge lounge. The excellent loyalty ambassador Melissa tells me that it is a test, and if successful will be rolled out to other Vision ships.

Oh man, I just missed having a concierge lounge by a few months! Was it big enough for everyone? I hope they do it to all their Vision class ships as that's my favorite ship size.

When I peeked in the door it looked like there was plenty of space - the card room is quite large. I didn't make Diamond until just AFTER this cruise, so I didn't get to use it. No word yet on whether this lounge will stay and/or extend to other Vision ships.

Archived