My In-Laws Are Cruise Outlaws!

smg669

I am not going to harp on this guy. BUT i will say if she ( his SIL) wanted the darn coffee and cake. There is such a thing as room service. No she may not have gotten exactely what she wanted but it could have held her over till another relative came to relieve her. Poor child.

Not much you can do when you are with your family or the in-law family if they act this way. Years ago I hated to go out and eat as a group with the in law family as they would never tip. As it was a big group it amounted to a fair amount of money. For years I would stay behind and survey the table and then leave a tip for everyone. Now I don't go out with them anymore.

I would feel extremely uncomfortable traveling with someone who would leave any age children alone in the room while they were out. I would not travel with them after the 1st time. But thats me now after years of marriage. When I was newly married I wouldn't have had the nerve.

But, if any of us thought the child was in real danger we would have intervened.

You don't think that leaving a child of that age for any amount of time is in danger :rolleyes: ?

Also, when you saw her in the pool with the baby did you say anything to her before you decided to sit down & watch?

Have you just met these in-laws, did you not know how they behaved before you went cruising with them. Family get togethers usually tell a lot of tell tale signs !

Please tell me you are just bored an have nothing else better to do then treat us like fish by serving this type of bait???

If not I feel for ya friend! Makes me glad the rest of my family either has no interest in cruising....dumb de dumb dumb.....dumb.....well it's ok, more room for me! :D ......and then the rest just can't afford it! :(

I'm surprised if that really did happen however didn't find theirselves locked in a room by theirselves...you know the room called the brig! Cause seriously any parent that leaves their kid like that deserves that & more! :mad:

Those are my opinions & I'm sticking to them!

I'm glad that the baby survived their first cruise & hope next time they get to go on a cruise with more responsible adults. However I feel that children are what they learn & years from now she/he might be the ones that we say are out of control & not minded on cruise ships, while their parents get off the boat, go to the spa or do something else other then spend time with their kids keeping them behaved while on board. I'll have to send a prayer for this little one that the parents become alot more mindful in the future!

Be blessed, be a blessing! :p

she arrived without ny nephew. Where was he? Alone in the cabin in his crib. But don't worry, she told the cabin steward not to bother if he heard the baby crying

She's one of those mothers who will just take off and leave her baby with you without saying "Hey, can you please watch the baby?". She just assumes that someone else will look after the dude.

My View point

Infants / young children should Never be left alone for any reason.

How many times do we hear after a tragedy someone say " I was only gone for a second to________"

An infant in a playpen could rollover and get entangled with the receiving blanket or whatever is in the play pen.

A baby only have one way to let us know that something is not right. Their only mean to let us know is by crying It is their way of communication. All crying babies /young children should be check immediately when they are crying to find out that they are OK.

Sometimes crying is OK for what is going on, No one should ever assume without checking that a crying child is safe.

Yes at times it really inconvenient to be stuck babysitting a child just because the parent wants to do whatever, The child will be safe. Through time an amazing relationship will develop.

It is our responsibility to keep the children as safe as possible.

I am not a professional on infants or children behavior. Just a mother and Grandmother. This are just my viewpoint

Actually I'm not sure which would be worse......leaving a child (not infant) in the room or letting them run wild around the ship. :(

No doubt, that's why I say one may lead to the other due to poor parenting! I'm sorry to say that any parent that leaves their child like this is taking the chance of loosing their child to some type of preventable mishap! Preventable mishap meaning............

STAY WITH YOUR CHILD AT ALL TIMES NOT JUST WHEN IT'S CONVENIENT!!

Be your child's parent & don't expect the rest of us to fill your shoes!

We did not lay down and have your child don't pass off your responsibilty to the rest of us that apparently give a darn more then you do about your own kid!

With that I have gotten to the EOD in my opinion!

End of Discussion!

Wait....be a blessing.....take care of the child YOU were blessed with!! :D

Please tell me you are just bored an have nothing else better to do then treat us like fish by serving this type of bait??? /quote]

Pickle....exactly the reason why I wrote this! I am not sure if any "sane" family member would watch this happen. That is the reason why I believe that we've been baited! But still some of the replies are worth reading as it is reassuring that there are people in the world that really do give a flying fish about kids that aren't even there's to worry about! ;)

I left my 8 month old granddughter alone sleeping in her crib to go play cards...........................in the next cabin, ...............with her parent,........ Oh ya and with a baby monitor on. We could hear her breathing.

Sorry just, had to mess with you a little.:o

Surely he is kidding about the child in the cabin alone. That is child abuse!

And if it is true and the relatives (him included) did nothing about it...then they need to all be reported to Child Protective Services.

No, it is not considered child abuse.

It is child neglect, endangerment of a child depending on the child's age and the State. In this case, the child is too young to be left alone so it would meet the charges in any State. Now, being that it happened on international waters, there may be some law enforcement agencies that will not touch these cases.

I left my 8 month old granddughter alone sleeping in her crib to go play cards...........................in the next cabin, ...............with her parent,........ Oh ya and with a baby monitor on. We could hear her breathing.

Sorry just, had to mess with you a little.:o

Melody,

For some unknown reason, even though I don't know you I knew that comment of yours was just so you could stir a giggle. It worked! :D

BTW next time be more responsible.....turn that baby monitor OFF!

lmao :D

Actually I'm not sure which would be worse......leaving a child (not infant) in the room or letting them run wild around the ship. :(

Just had a conversation with my 15 year old about this last night for our cruise. After reading some of the posts yesterday, I don't want to be "the bad parent" around here!:p We'll be traveling with our nieces and nephews. The parents are on the opposite ends of the spectrum for discipline and we're middle of the road. Can't wait to get back to tell you all about this one!:D

But on with this post, baby in pool.....feeding baby in pool.....No swim diaper....in pool......baby left in room.....alone......:eek: Enough said. I'm disgusted. The kids in our group are going to be disappointed, but I'm nixing them in the pool after reading some of the threads around here.

Be good every one!

Please tell me you are just bored an have nothing else better to do then treat us like fish by serving this type of bait??? /quote]

Pickle....exactly the reason why I wrote this! I am not sure if any "sane" family member would watch this happen. That is the reason why I believe that we've been baited!

I'll admit that my post was written to elicit a response, so in that sense you were "baited". And while I may have omitted some detail to make it seem more sensational that it might be, I can assure you that everything that I outlined in that e-mail actually happened.

S

I don't usually jump in on things like this....but hasn't everyone heard about that poor little girl in Italy, Maddie? Her parents left her and her two sibling sleeping in their room while they went to a restaurant across the road!:) Anything can happen anywhere! We are responsible for the lives we bring into this world, they are our inheritance:) This mother should be reported to child welfare, if she did it here, I'm sure she's done it elsewhere:mad:

I think OP wins a prize for biggest bulls*** story on Cruise Critic. You have way too much time on your hands.

I only wish that the things I wrote were fabricated. I truly do. There's not a word of a lie in what I wrote. I thought my family was crazy... until I met my wife's family. If I can cull those stories about them from a single one week cruise, imagine what the rest of their lives must me like.

I only wish that the things I wrote were fabricated. I truly do. There's not a word of a lie in what I wrote. I thought my family was crazy... until I met my wife's family. If I can cull those stories about them from a single one week cruise, imagine what the rest of their lives must me like.

Oh I believe ya no doubt. I have inlaws JUST like that. And after 10 years of marriage, we have had our share of blow outs because of it.

The baby thing...just sickens me but I KNOW it's true because people are just THAT DUMB. :mad:

I think OP wins a prize for biggest bulls*** story on Cruise Critic. You have way too much time on your hands.

whoa......hmmmm you don't believe there are irresponsible, nitwit people in the world. Take a day and watch the news.

Archived