What type of souveniers to bring back for teenage boys?

Sandi149

My husband and I are going on a cruise to San Juan, St. Thomas and Tortola in a couple of weeks. We aren't taking the kids, they are staying with grandma. :D Our boys are 19 and 14 and we would like to bring them back some souveniers but aren't sure what would be good.

Any suggestions is appreciated.

Thanks. :)

Wife beater tee shirts. (sorry, that's what they call them) You can find some with really cool island prints. Also, baseball type hats with some funky logo from the islands. :D

That's is all I could think of. I am sure others will have ideas. Girls are easy! :D

I know.....when my parents went on their cruises they brought me back all sorts of dolls and knick knacks from the islands. :D But boys are much harder to buy for.

The only thing that came to mind was t-shirts. I have two boys also, and while they are younger they are definately not as easy to buy for as girls. If you find something "funky" like shrunken head type stuff, or something that farts those are always a hit as well. Have a great trip, we're leaving the boys home with grandma as well!

The only thing that came to mind was t-shirts. I have two boys also, and while they are younger they are definately not as easy to buy for as girls. If you find something "funky" like shrunken head type stuff, or something that farts those are always a hit as well. Have a great trip, we're leaving the boys home with grandma as well!

Yeah my boys would go for that type of stuff.....LOL!!!! :D

Thanks.

I would have to say t-shirts too! I have an 18 year old son and when i went on my cruises i bought him t shirts and a baseball cap with the ship logo on it and also i got him a cap from Cozumel! It's like buying teenage boys Christmas presents-you can get girls ANYTHING, but there is only SO much you can get for the guys!:D

My husband and I are going on a cruise to San Juan, St. Thomas and Tortola in a couple of weeks. We aren't taking the kids, they are staying with grandma. :D Our boys are 19 and 14 and we would like to bring them back some souveniers but aren't sure what would be good.

Any suggestions is appreciated.

Thanks. :)

How about some nice swimming trunks to go with those t-shirts?

Have a wonderful time!

When my nephews cruised with us, they all wanted t shirts. But the one they wanted MOST was the HARD ROCK CAFE one. I think they still have that bar/restaurnat on St. Thomas. Check it out. In fact I think there's one in San Juan too. They located every Hard Rock at every port and had a shirt from each. They shunned the cruiseline emblem stuff.

Don't know about your boys, but you'll see lots of mens' jewelry too. Some of the young guys on the ship were wearing bead necklaces. But maybe that's just for the ship. Don't know. They sure liked the look on their tan bodies! HA

Leather. Belts, sandals.

Thinking back to my teen years, if my parents had cruised and ask me what I wanted them to bring back for me, it would have been about 5'7", 100 lbs, tan with shoulder length hair! :rolleyes: But that's just me! LOL :D

Fins Up! :cool:

I have one boy. He is now almost 21 but I'm thinking back. A t-shirt sounds good because if you buy ???'s you might not know if either one would get much use out of it. If you want to get something else too, a shrunken head sounds neat to me. I'm remembering my DS's friends & my brothers too...most 14 yr old boys would love that. They'd show their friends & put it on their dresser (maybe even enjoy scareing a girl with it. lol) :eek:

Hard Rock T shirt or ball cap would probably be best! I think any type of shirt or ball cap with the island's logo or name would be ok, too. For the 19 year old: he'll be able to drink in less than 2 years, maybe a steiner beer mug with the island crest on it? Or, a shot glass?

The souvenier shops sometimes sell CD cases with the island logo on it. That might be worthy, too.

It's been a long time since I was their age. But, I distinctly remember Bermuda-type shorts being popular. You know, the ones that are beach themed? Or, a really cool beach towel.

Happy Sailing!!! :D

I brought mine back T-shirts that are plain when you wear them inside but when you go outside they burst into color.....I am having a brain freeze right now (lol) can someone help me with the name of the store.....

They really, really like them - even the 16 year old....actually, I kind of like them myself and wish I had gotten one for myself!

The store where they sell the color changing stuff is Sol. I bought my daughter some nail polish there. It was really cool.

I agree with the Hard Rock theme. Or maybe Carlos and Charlie's. They have some cool tanks.

Board shorts are popular with our teenage boys (friends of our daughters).

Me again. I wanted to recommend that you take a taxi to Cane Garden Bay in Tortola. It was the best day we have spent on any of our cruises. Peaceful, beautiful, uncrowded. There is a little restaurant on the beach there and a guy in a palm-frond hut making frozen drinks. I think we paid about $25.00 for the round-trip. Have fun. :)

I bought one of those T-shirts & got a free tote, that both change in the sun, in Put-In-Bay in Ohio. The store was "Sol" (like mrsraggy said) or else it is called "Del Sol"(I just looked at my tote). After washing the shirt in warm water, it stopped changing in the sun but the print is still there. Maybe you should turn it inside out &/or cold wash it. (I washed my tote & some of the stitching came lose. I now use it to hold my collection of socks with the missing mate, that the dryer ate :confused: )

Me again. I wanted to recommend that you take a taxi to Cane Garden Bay in Tortola. It was the best day we have spent on any of our cruises. Peaceful, beautiful, uncrowded. There is a little restaurant on the beach there and a guy in a palm-frond hut making frozen drinks. I think we paid about $25.00 for the round-trip. Have fun. :)

Thanks...but we are already booked on the Baths tour. If I ever get to Tortola again, I will take you up on your suggestion. :)

I hear you...my son is almost 15 and really tough to buy for. Things I have bought for him...

- t shirts

- colour change board shorts

- electronics (he likes Nintendo)

- Caribbean CD's (he likes Bob Marley)

- shells (he collects them)

- other colour change nic-nac's (eg, key ring...)

- watch

Hope this helps....:)

Archived