Australia 2008?

We are waiting to book a 2008 Australia/New Zealand cruise, but they do not appear on the 2008 schedule.

RCCI put out a notice to travel agents stating that they would be opening from May 14th.

Anybody know what is happening?:confused:

I have been wondering the same thing all week! I even bugged a couple of TAs. I am trying to decide on a trip to Australia/New Zealand for 2008 or a land trip to Provence France, and it is driving me nuts that they can't keep a simple schedule!

thanks for letting me vent!:mad:

jc

They are out for 2008. When particularly are you looking?

I have just searched using both the advanced search and the cruise calendar. Only 2007 Australia/New Zealand cruises are showing. Rhapsody is not showing any schedule after mid September 2008.

I agree with you jc, it's a poor show from RCI.

When I search by destination using the any date option it is still only showing these 2 sailings which are both 2007.

s.gifShip Name: Rhapsody Of The Seas

Departure Port: Sydney, Australia

Ports of Call: Sydney, Australia; Melbourne, Australia; Milford Sound, New Zealand; Doubtful Sound, New Zealand; Dusky Sound, New Zealand; Dunedin, New Zealand; Christchurch, New Zealand; Wellington, New Zealand; Napier, New Zealand; Tauranga, New Zealand; Auckland, New Zealand; Sydney, Australia

2007 Date(s): oct 27

Stateroom:Prices From:$1,999.00 s.gif

s.gifs.gifShip Name: Rhapsody Of The Seas

Departure Port: Sydney, Australia

Ports of Call: Sydney, Australia; Hobart, Tasmania; Milford Sound, New Zealand; Doubtful Sound, New Zealand; Dusky Sound, New Zealand; Dunedin, New Zealand; Christchurch, New Zealand; Wellington, New Zealand; Napier, New Zealand; Tauranga, New Zealand; Auckland, New Zealand; Sydney, Australia

2007 Date(s):nov 10

s.gif

Marilyn, I obviously don't have any deep connections or talents. Can you use your super secret ones and get me the dates and the general itinerary. IE do they have any that start in either Australia or New Zealand and end up in the other one?

I appreciate your help.

jc

jc, I talked to my travel agent who stated that the info coming from RCI was that the itineraries would be very similar to 2007 (return trips from Sydney). Would still like to see it on the RCI website though.

we got an email that Celebrity is doing it. Also S Pacific from Honolulu

We are waiting to book a 2008 Australia/New Zealand cruise, but they do not appear on the 2008 schedule.

RCCI put out a notice to travel agents stating that they would be opening from May 14th.

Anybody know what is happening?:confused:

Celebrity Cruises Opens Bookings For 2008-2009 Australia/New Zealand Sailings

Thursday May 17, 12:30 PM EDT

MIAMI, May 17, 2007 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX/ -- With bookings for its first-ever Australia/New Zealand sailing anything but "down" or "under," today, top-rated Celebrity Cruises announced that it will send one of its largest ships, the 2,038-passenger Celebrity Millennium, to the region for its second season, winter 2008-2009. Over 50 percent of Celebrity Millennium's staterooms have verandas, which will give even more guests the opportunity to view the spectacular regional landscapes in privacy.

On October 17, 2008, the Australia/New Zealand season opens with a 15- night Pacific Islands voyage from Honolulu, Hawaii to Auckland, New Zealand, calling on the stunningly beautiful ports of Hilo, Hawaii; Papeete, Tahiti, French Polynesia; Moorea, French Polynesia; Bora Bora, French Polynesia; and Bay of Islands, New Zealand.

From November 23, 2008, through March 29, 2009, Celebrity Millennium will sail a series of 14-night open-jaw Australia sailings between Sydney and Auckland. During the sailings from Auckland to Sydney, which will take place on November 23, December 21, January 18, February 15, and March 15, stops in New Zealand will include Tauranga, Napier, Wellington, Christchurch, Dunedin, Dusky Sound, Doubtful Sound and Milford Sound. In Australia, these voyages will include overnight stays in both Melbourne and Sydney. During the sailings from Sydney to Auckland, which will take place on December 7, 2008, and January 4, February 1, and March 29, 2009, the voyage will start with an overnight stay in Sydney's harbor before continuing to Phillip Island and Melbourne, Australia; Hobart, Tasmania; Milford Sound, Doubtful Sound, Dusky Sound, Dunedin, Christchurch and Wellington, New Zealand. The ship will take a scenic cruise past Volcanic White Island before continuing to Tauranga and Auckland.

To close the Australia and New Zealand season, Celebrity Millennium will sail a 14-night Pacific Islands voyage from Auckland back to Honolulu on April 12, 2009. Ports of call include Tauranga, New Zealand; Rarotonga, Cook Islands; Papeete, Tahiti, French Polynesia; Bora Bora, French Polynesia; Fanning Island, Kiribati; and Hilo, Hawaii.

Guests wishing to extend their vacation in Australia can do so on a Celebrity cruisetour out of Sydney on a five-night package offered either before or after their cruise. The Australia cruisetour explores the exciting destinations of Ayers Rock, deep in the Australian Outback, and Port Douglas, on the coast with access to the Great Barrier Reef.

One 12-night Hawaii sailing is also slated for Sunday, April 26, 2009, sailing open-jaw from Honolulu to Vancouver, British Columbia. The voyage features an overnight stay in Honolulu, stops in Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii; Kauai (Nawiliwili), Hawaii; and Hilo, Hawaii; and an overnight stay in Kailua Kona, Hawaii.

Celebrity Cruises offers comfortably sophisticated, upscale cruise experiences with highly personalized service, exceptional dining, and extraordinary attention to detail. Celebrity sails in Alaska, Antarctica, Bermuda, California, Caribbean, Europe, Galapagos Islands, Hawaii, Mexican Riviera, Panama Canal and South America, and will begin sailing in Australia and New Zealand this year. The line also offers unique land-tour vacations in Alaska, Canada, Europe and Australia through its cruisetour affiliate. Noted for "The World's Best Large Ships," as voted by the readers of Conde' Nast Traveler (February 2007 Cruise Poll), Celebrity's current fleet will be joined by Celebrity Solstice in 2008, Celebrity Equinox in 2009, and Celebrity Eclipse in 2010. For more information, call your travel agent, dial 1-800-437-3111 or visit www.celebritycruises.com.

SOURCE Celebrity Cruises

Marilyn that is extremely sweet of you. That email addy should work.

x p c d o o j k @ yahoo . com you could send it to my sbcglobal . net

as well just put my id in front of that.

thank you

jc

• 2 weeks later...

Lynnees, can you tell us any more yet?

I have e-mailed RCI asking about the 2008 Australia cruises, but they have not bothered replying. It's nearly three weeks past the date that they said the schedules would be available.

I would be grateful for any info before I go looking at other cruise lines.

Lynnees, can you tell us any more yet?

I have e-mailed RCI asking about the 2008 Australia cruises, but they have not bothered replying. It's nearly three weeks past the date that they said the schedules would be available.

I would be grateful for any info before I go looking at other cruise lines.

There is still nothing posted past the two in Oct and Nov. The silly thing is Celebrity has one cruise posted for Jan. 18/09 14 night. The price was so good I had to book DH and myself on it. However, other than Celebrity, so far nothing for 2008 (which really doesn't make sense.)

Archived