Brilliance just okay.

Fran: I wrote this entire post out and it disappeared!!

anyway, here's my email addy - anyone can write me ! esp fellow cruisers so I don't mind writing it out here:

carfieldtnepo@comcast.net

What a truly mini mini small small world this is!! esp about Beth!! she is a sweetie and you will love her! I think she is on the Coast this week.

CAROL

Yes, they are.....

Mail coming your way....(but I gotta get to bed.....)

Fran

WE have been lucky re: Tablemates but last NOv we had one person who was a strange-O ... she was like 85 and told us she was 65 -- and boy! talk about DramaQueen!! our servers/head waiter couldn't make her happy! she stiffed them at the end - oh well -- Carol

Okay already, watch it I might have to take offence. LOL:D

I've been reading the last page or so of posts and chuckling to myself. In the beginning of this thread, I was going head to head with bilyclub to defend Brilliance and now I'm enjoying all the chats you are having regarding Brilliance and Martha's fear of TA's (I told you eat,sleep,read,drink,be entertained:eek: ) All so positive and enjoyable. "Lang May Your Lum Reek.:D " An old Scottish saying meaning, keep up the good work in good health and happiness.

I especially liked the Crown Royal bottle. Did you ever see the ship Momma?

:( No, there are no ships down there. Bill must have a BIGGER bottle than me. :p

The ship on my next horizon is actually the Brilliance. After reading the first post I was becoming concerned thinking there really might be some issues. After later reading those issues coupled with the obvious tone, I'm looking forward more than ever to my Panama canal cruise on Brilliance.

Most of our roll call has aft cabins so we'll have no trouble finding each other even if there is a M&M invitation issue. My biggest complaint about cruising so far is that I haven't won an RCI mouse. Darn them. They should have one for everyone at those stinkin' M&Ms on board :eek: (A little drama for the dramaqueen ;) )

Thanx TheMoon!! will look forward to new bedding - we always ask our steward to just keep the bedspread off anyway - or is that what you are referring to as the comforter. Carol

Yes. There is no bedspread, just a comforter/duvet and I really don't know what makes it so heavy. If you take it away all you will have left is a sheet.

Yes. There is no bedspread, just a comforter/duvet and I really don't know what makes it so heavy. If you take it away all you will have left is a sheet.

You can do as we did on Radiance last month...........ask your cabin steward to remove the duvet and add the light blanket between the linens. The new linens are so soft and silky..........really, really nice.

Okay already, watch it I might have to take offence. LOL:D

Oooops!!! Sorry! I get so spacey most of the time!! I am known as a DramaQueen myself and I take it as a compliment for ME!! hee hee!

Ok - they also call me other names!! == however, this tablemate of ours was really something else! but she gave us all memories and taught us how NOT TO ACT on a cruise!

Yes, the comforters/bedspreads are the first to go as soon as the steward comes in to introduce himself. Carol

:( No, there are no ships down there. Bill must have a BIGGER bottle than me. :p

The ship on my next horizon is actually the Brilliance. After reading the first post I was becoming concerned thinking there really might be some issues. After later reading those issues coupled with the obvious tone, I'm looking forward more than ever to my Panama canal cruise on Brilliance.

Most of our roll call has aft cabins so we'll have no trouble finding each other even if there is a M&M invitation issue. My biggest complaint about cruising so far is that I haven't won an RCI mouse. Darn them. They should have one for everyone at those stinkin' M&Ms on board :eek: (A little drama for the dramaqueen ;) )

I will be surprised if you don't love Brilliance. As far as the mouse goes, get to the M&M early and relocate one to another area (like your cabin).

Oooops!!! Sorry! I get so spacey most of the time!! I am known as a DramaQueen myself and I take it as a compliment for ME!! hee hee!

Ok - they also call me other names!! == however, this tablemate of ours was really something else! but she gave us all memories and taught us how NOT TO ACT on a cruise!

Yes, the comforters/bedspreads are the first to go as soon as the steward comes in to introduce himself. Carol

I actually stole the name from my Granddaughter because I thought it was clever, however my family will tell you it fits me well:D

You girls keep it up, and Alex won't let you aboard the nuclear cruise ship...

Hee hee!! Sheila and I will make Drama!! MommaBean, you will love the Brilliance!! I know tons of folks who continue to sail on her cuz of being the Brilliance - I hear that she will be in Europe permanently after her TA in 2008 .

Carol

You girls keep it up, and Alex won't let you aboard the nuclear cruise ship...

Sorry our first circumnavigation cruise got filled up at warp speed, we were taking application for CD and look like Snoop Dog got the job, now that we don't need all the space for fuel, we fill up the tanks with beer for ballast.

More info at Gonuk.com

Alex.

We cruise on Costa a month before our T/A cruise and it look like Costa do ask their officers, entertainment and hotel stuff to mingle with the passengers at night, it make the ship population look much younger.

Alex.

Hee hee!! Sheila and I will make Drama!! MommaBean, you will love the Brilliance!! I know tons of folks who continue to sail on her cuz of being the Brilliance - I hear that she will be in Europe permanently after her TA in 2008 .

Carol

Yes, she'll be sailing out of Barcelona on a permanent basis. That's the bummer part - hoping said captain gets moved to a ship over in this direction.

Fran in Toronto

Yes, she'll be sailing out of Barcelona on a permanent basis. That's the bummer part - hoping said captain gets moved to a ship over in this direction.

Fran in Toronto

Somehow the Brilliance has it's own character - we sailed on the Radiance once and it was different too - oh well, I suppose we can always catch her in Spain! I sent you a couple of emails - hope you got 'em!! Carol

Somehow the Brilliance has it's own character - we sailed on the Radiance once and it was different too - oh well, I suppose we can always catch her in Spain! I sent you a couple of emails - hope you got 'em!! Carol

When we were on Brilliance last year, there was a fair bit of work underway, cleaning up some things which were getting worn. I think every ship has a "character" and "feel"....I've sailed Enchantment and Brilliance, and loved Brilliance by far.

Yep, got the emails, answered them.

Fran

• 3 months later...

This was posted in a Brilliance review. I guess they still haven't fixed it.

I was disappointed that there was no “ship” channel on the TV – you know, the one that continuously provides ship information (speed, course, weather) and where you are on your voyage. I really like this info and would have found it interesting, especially sailing to so many new places.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=581943

Archived