on board credit

If you book a cruise while onboard you will get OBC for that next cruise based on the length of cruise. If you own 100 shares of RCL stock you can also get the credit. Sometimes a TA will give OBC as an incentive to book with them or if your cruise price goes down sometimes you will get OBC instead of a refund. You or a friend/family member can also purchase OBC gift certificates from RCL online.

If you're not familiar with it, read up on booking a specific cruise onboard vs the NextCruise option. It's a double bonus to book onboard. You get the OBC, and you also have something to look forward to. :)

The NextCruise program isn't on all the ships (maybe coming to all soon?). We just returned from the Grandeur; it wasn't available. To get an OBC, we would have needed to apply for the RCI credit card. Then the amount of the OBC is scaled to the type of cabin, cruise length, etc.

Some online TA's give a "credit" for using them- on our last cruise, it was called a Spa Credit, but it appeared on our account as a general gift credit- to be used for anything. That TA had explained that RCI didn't permit them to advertise OBC's, so they had to call it something else. But a credit is a credit LOL.

I had received an e-mail awhile ago saying $100.00 OBC on certain sailings and you were eligible as long as final payment wasn't due. I called my TA and she had made final payments that morning. SHe went back through and applied the OBC. First we were told we were going to get them, then we were told we weren't going to get them due to us being a group. She tried to get them for us, and again they changed their minds and said yes, and then again said no, so were weren't expecting them. When we checked our account during the cruise, we had the $100.00 OBC. Two cabins were actually given $200.00 OBC, but two other cabins had no OBC at all. One couple tried going down to the purser's desk and basically got the runaround and they told her to call after she gets off the ship, she did and got one answer, then called back and got another. At this point, it does not look like she will get a credit.

kc 320...I think Rick may have inadvertently omitted the word "DON'T", as in "don't forget! As far as I know the credit card OBC benefit is still good.

Are you saying there is an OBC just for booking the cruise with the credit card. Or are you talking about using points to get an OBC.

I just got my card on my last cruise and was not told of any OBC for just purchasing a cruise on it.

Thanks

Are you saying there is an OBC just for booking the cruise with the credit card. Or are you talking about using points to get an OBC.

I just got my card on my last cruise and was not told of any OBC for just purchasing a cruise on it.

Thanks

You have to earn the points then they can be redeemed for OBC.

Archived