Okay, DH wants me to ask this....

We are putting a bathroom in our basement soon. I half jokingly mentioned to DH that we should do it like a RCI bathroom, and he wondered if any of you had found fixtures that were similar to the ones in the small RCI bathrooms or knew where you could order the real things. Has anyone out there attempted to do such a thing? I know they install the staterooms in one big chunk, but all we want is the bathroom. I do think that it would be neat if it could actually be done. Since we want to put it into a relatively small space, it would actually work for us.

My DH is a plumber by trade. He suggests you take a picture of the bathroom to a plumbing supply warehouse. Not a homedepot or lowes type place but, one that sells to contractors. Most are also open to the general public. They have tons of catalogs from dozens & dozens of manufactures. A small 1 x 1 shower no problem. No really, I have seen some of the cat. and man they have hundreds of different showers, sinks, etc. I'll bet you'll find something. Happy shopping. :)

So, are you going to have the shower the size of a phone booth and the potty at an angle :D

Make sure the potty has that loud flush that makes you think it's gonna take you with it... :p

My DH is a plumber by trade. He suggests you take a picture of the bathroom to a plumbing supply warehouse. Not a homedepot or lowes type place but, one that sells to contractors. Most are also open to the general public. They have tons of catalogs from dozens & dozens of manufactures. A small 1 x 1 shower no problem. No really, I have seen some of the cat. and man they have hundreds of different showers, sinks, etc. I'll bet you'll find something. Happy shopping. :)

Thank you for the suggestion. I will let him know.

So, are you going to have the shower the size of a phone booth and the potty at an angle :D

LOL Actually we've found a shower that's a little bigger at Lowes that is very similar to the ship's shower. Personally, I would like a standard size toilet, but I guess that would take away from its accuracy. LOL

Make sure the potty has that loud flush that makes you think it's gonna take you with it... :p

Very good idea! I want the guests staying on the upper level to know when that commode flushes each and every time! LOL

I have a FlushMate. It's not as loud but it's powerful! Here in California we have to have the low water toilets and this thing is awesome. They come in several manufacturer's toilets. Not only do they work, they actually stay cleaner. TMI?? :D

I have a FlushMate. It's not as loud but it's powerful! Here in California we have to have the low water toilets and this thing is awesome. They come in several manufacturer's toilets. Not only do they work, they actually stay cleaner. TMI?? :D

Thanks. :) I'll take all the info I can. I think he's pretty serious about this project. Myself, I'm seriously wanting it done soon...with or without it looking like a ship's bathroom. We have a pool, and I don't want wet, well-chlorinated people walking on our solid hardwoods on the main level! LOL

I can't be of any help for the actual question, but I think this is a very cool idea! I have thought about decorating our spare bedroom to look like a cruise ship cabin, but adding round windows for port holes or putting in a sliding glass door (leading to a "balcony") would be pretty expensive. I decided I'd rather spend the money on an actual cruise. But, as long as you're doing a bathroom anyway.......like I said - a very cool idea!!!

On your next cruise, ask your cabin steward for a bunch of refillable containers for shampoo, etc. for a little bit more authenticity. You could also buy a towel animal that they sell in the onboard shops and hang it from the ceiling in a corner. So many possibilities!

I can't be of any help for the actual question, but I think this is a very cool idea! I have thought about decorating our spare bedroom to look like a cruise ship cabin, but adding round windows for port holes or putting in a sliding glass door (leading to a "balcony") would be pretty expensive. I decided I'd rather spend the money on an actual cruise. But, as long as you're doing a bathroom anyway.......like I said - a very cool idea!!!

On your next cruise, ask your cabin steward for a bunch of refillable containers for shampoo, etc. for a little bit more authenticity. You could also buy a towel animal that they sell in the onboard shops and hang it from the ceiling in a corner. So many possibilities!

That's true. You reminded me of something. While on Liberty, I came so close to buying those towel animals. I was going to start putting one of them somewhere in our bedroom after each time I cleaned it. LOL

Most of the bathroom fixtures are made in Europe, they're actually put in at the factory where the cabins are built and the cabin modules are sent to the shipyard via truck or rail. If you know what shipyard she was built in, you could email there public relations dept. and ask them.

Take care,

Michael

You know we are currently planning to renovate our bath and kitchen, and were also thiking of adding another bath. Currently upstairs one of the rooms already has a sink, so we know we have enough room to easy add a commode, but my DH thinks a shower would take up to much room, so now I am going to tell him think about the ship. Maybe that will convince him!:D

Moen makes the sliding showers on a hose. We have them in our walkin showers. I told my wife that I wanted those in our showers if we ever built a house and we now do.

Nice! Thanks for the information!

What fun! Sounds like a perfect idea. A perennial cruise (at least in the bathroom). Be sure to hang a rack with pockets on the door!! ;)

Another good idea. Thank you.

Most of the bathroom fixtures are made in Europe, they're actually put in at the factory where the cabins are built and the cabin modules are sent to the shipyard via truck or rail. If you know what shipyard she was built in, you could email there public relations dept. and ask them.

Take care,

Michael

I will look into that. Thank you.

I know many of the installations like showerhead, faucet, etc. are from GROHE.

Thank you. I will see if I can't find their website.

Good luck...a real conversation piece,its sounds like it would be fun project! Come back and show us the finished project!

Will do if we end up getting it done that way. As I said, if he intends to do this, he is going to have to get a move on it. I want another bathroom soon.

And being a basement bathroom, you'll have the RCI sewage smell down pat!!

LOL Mmmmmm.... I can smell it now! :eek:

Archived