Star Spa Question

hon2u

Any recent Star Cruisers use the spa area? I was on the Star two years ago and I am now planning another cruise in December. When we were on the Star to Alaska we enjoyed visiting the hydro bath and hot tubs for relaxation but never spend more then 20-30 minutes a day there. I now read that there's a $15 a day charge for the spa...do you know if it is for what use to be the common areas to cruisers? Are these amenities now off limits to without an additional fee? I know we will not pay an additional $240 for two hours of relaxing during this trip but I will miss it! If this is true it sure would be nice to be able to make an advance discount purchase for the use or maybe a Latitude’s discount……only a thought NCL.

Thanks CrusingfromMN! I guess we will just have to choose certain days and live in there....lol...just kidding. I will miss it daily! When we were in the spa it was never crowded...I wonder if it is profitable to charge for general use...I guess so or they would not be doing it huh? Do you just use your room card to enter and the charge appears on your statement?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi...we were on the 5/19 sailing ont he Star. I got a treatment at the spa on our last sailing day and I got a day pass. You get a 5$ discount on the day pass if you have a treatment done. I had read that you get the spa pass for free if you have a treatment that day, but that was not the case.

The day pass was a sticker put on my room key card. I did enjoy the pool and hot tub, the area was completely empty. The views were also amazing.

I would say it was worth it for one or two days, but not the whole cruise.

Thanks CrusingfromMN! I guess we will just have to choose certain days and live in there....lol...just kidding. I will miss it daily! When we were in the spa it was never crowded...I wonder if it is profitable to charge for general use...I guess so or they would not be doing it huh? Do you just use your room card to enter and the charge appears on your statement?

We bought the week long package for $78 and you can come and go as you want. It is well worth it. Sit in the lounge chairs and look out the back of the ship and watch the world go by. We were on the 5/12 - 5/19 sailing and loved it. I was just afraid they might try to charge us for the extra hour and a half they gave us due to the engine problem. LOL

I was on the STAR 5/1. I used the spa area once and paid the $15 charge. It was really nice and relaxing, and the views were great. Wasn't too crowded. Most people were lying on the lounges, nobody even in the pool/spa.

I was upset that you did not get to use the area free with a spa service. :mad: Every other resort in the world lets you use the spa amenities w/ purchase of a service. That is what bugged me about NCL, too much nickel and dimingg!!

As far as the indoor pool in the spa area, many who didn't pay a cent used it for parties, played loud music, and generally ruined the spa area for those who used the other facilities in the spa. Thus the new charge to discourage parties at the indoor pool.

Archived