Just curious...how many outfits do you pack for a 7 day Carib cruise?

KimmyinLA

I bring two suitcases on wheels; I think a 24" and a 20", a rolling carry on and purse. Everything is on wheels except purse which I usually put in rolling carry on. I try to bring things that can be worn more than once such as smart casual pants with different tops and two dressy outfits for formal nights. I bring 4-5 prs. of shoes and some cover-ups for swimsuit for during day. I usually bring more than I need. Also bring ear plugs to drown out snoring mom.

We bring one large suitcase, one hanging suitcase, one carry on and a sort of tote bag (this only contains makeup, electric rollers, any book I want to read, and two or three bottles of wine). I bring 2 bathing suits and 2 coverups, 7 day outfits, 7 night outfits (1 spare in each), as few shoes as possible (usually 2 or 3 sandals and 2 or 3 nighttime shoes plus sneaks). Hubby never brings quite as much, maybe half the amount I bring and then has his casual shorts and shirts laundered during the week.

Hope this helps.

Easiest answer... always TOO much! I think my husband counted something like 18 shirts once for a 7 day cruise!!

2 bathing suits, 2 formal outfits, denim capris for daytime (I don't do shorts), black capris and sun dresses for evenings, T-shirts and nice tops, a coverup, PJs, and 3 pairs of sandals!

I'm learning... and it only took me 20+ cruises!

TinaLee

We are fortunate that we do not have to fly to the port but I am always trying to take less. We take two suitcases both 26in and one carry-on. The hardest thing is all the tolitries we seem to need to take--suntan lotions, bug spray, dry skin lotion, shaving cream, shampoo, the list is endless. I do put things in small containers so they don't take up as much room and at the end of the cruise just chuck what is leftover. And try as I might DH needs three pair of shoes. I try to color coordinate things and keep my shoes to 3-4 pair.

I like two outfits for formal nights on a 7 day and on a longer I will wear one outfit twice. During the day we live in swimsuits and coverups so we take at least three changes. The biggest thing to remember is that you might only wear something for a few hours and it can be worn again or sent out to be laundered.

My husbands motto is, "if there is room for it, take it and if there isn't room, take another bag".

I don't mean to sound slow...but what's white noise?

"White noise" is a noise that will blot out other noises, usually a fan, or motor of some sort. People have used things that produce white noise for everything from getting better sleep to helping kids study. My son used to say that his rock and roll music was his white noise :rolleyes:

We take two large rolling bags and two carry-on rolling bags packed loosely for the flight (with everything that might signal trouble in one carry-on). (Note: on flight down we always split male and female clothing beween the two checked bags...if one goes missing we really aren't that concerned.) We arrive a day early. Take everything out of one carry-on and put it into the bags to be checked. Fill the empty carry-on with whatever goodies/sodas we want to take on board...the other carry-on has that evening's clothing and valuables.

This trip we were in St.Thomas for a day therefore on the return leg we filled the empty carry-on with liquor for son. Still had extra room because we always throw away tennis shoes, most underwear, and any t-shirts worn to the health spa. If we sail in a winter month a sweater each never makes it back.

This year we returned with only one unworn shirt/blouse each...pretty good!

enymarsh -- thanks for the explanation.

Wow-- it seems the consensus is to pack many different outfits...which leads me to wonder: is it a major social faux pas to wear the same outfit twice (gasp) on a 7 day cruise (I'm referring to mostly evening wear)?

I am a huge fan of traveling only with my carry-on and am trying to figure out how to do this on our next cruise. My dilemma seems to be with shoes and evening wear.:rolleyes:

I learned from my first cruise and on my next cruise - I will be taking less and different things!

Think sun dresses at least 3 and wear one of them twice. Only take one formal dress and maybe diferrent accessories to make it look different. 1 formal sandal, flip flops, casual sandals and sneakers if you plan on working out, otherwise don't bother! We also took water shoes, but never had to use them... It will depend on the excusions you take, for instance we went to "Stingray City and didn't need these, but we were told we would. The sand there is beautiful!!!!

3 swim suits as one will always be wet and a couple of cover-ups (that actually cover your swimsuit) so you can easily go to lunch without having to go back to your cabin to change.

Just my 2 cents!

One 30" rolling bag, one small piggyback. 7 night outfits, 7 day, 2 spare, 4 pairs of shoes and a fan for the breeze and white noise.

How do you get the 30 incher on the Airplane?? They only allow 62 inches H+L+W.. My 30 incher measures a little over 65 inches..

I take an outfit for each evening but I try to take lightweight stuff that packs small. For the daytime I learned to take just a few pairs of khaki shorts and lots of T's. The shirts get grimy so I like to bring extra but the shorts don't unless you spill something in your lap. I also try to take a neutral pair of shoes that goes with everything rather than to match each outfit and take up so much room. I pack very light but then again I don't try to be a fashion plate either.

Archived