QM2 check in

Nikkipink

For the 4 nighter on QM2 in July in the pre-cruise info it says that embarkation for us begins at 4.30 pm - and we depart at 5.00 pm. Does anyone take any notice of the staggered check in times?

thanks, Nic

For the 4 nighter on QM2 in July in the pre-cruise info it says that embarkation for us begins at 4.30 pm - and we depart at 5.00 pm. Does anyone take any notice of the staggered check in times?

thanks, Nic

4.30 is very, very late.

I'd be aiming to get there a lot earlier. Remember that muster drill is normally completed before sailing.

Did you not have a leaflet in your ticket wallet? Mine (crossing 4/6) says that the latest slot is 3pm.

Matthew

Two days ago I started a thread about exactly the same thing. My pre-cruise docs for June 10th had the same wording as yours does. Ignore it and arrive much earlier; they don't look at your check-in time when you are there. You may have to wait in line for a while but there's no way that 4:30 is correct for a 5:00 departure. As said above, the muster drill is usually an hour before she sails so everyone should be on.

I am going to take that bit of misinformation with me and include it in the critique at the end because it is so misleading, especially for anyone who might not have cruised before. If more people will take that and put it in the questionnaire perhaps it will make them check their info before sending it out.

Patti

The preliminary documents also state that the QM2 is leaving from the QE2 Terminal - I understood it was leaving from The Mayflower Terminal and that the QE2 was leaving from the QE2 Terminal on the same day!

We will be on the 4 day cruise leaving this Friday out of Brooklyn and our documents have the last boarding slot at 3:00... That must of been a print mistake.

Question for thoes of you who have sailed out of Brooklyn before. I understand that you check in based on the time slot they give you but can you drop your luggage of earlier? We have never sailed a line that has staggering check in times... What a great idea, though.

Yes, you can drop off your luggage earlier - from about noon on. You can also check in earlier than your slot indicates though there may be a fairly long line.

...since once you make it to the Brooklyn Terminal there's not much for you to do unless you want to drive back into NY.

I would just arrive when you arrive and check in and board. We had no trouble arriving an hour or so early last June and if we had not stopped to chat with the security people (for fun) we would have been on board in about 30 minutes.

But, what about the return trip? Does anyone know which dock, for sure, we will return to on July 2? If it isn't Redhook, I need to let the driver know.

But, what about the return trip? Does anyone know which dock, for sure, we will return to on July 2? If it isn't Redhook, I need to let the driver know.

SeaFliint.....

If you are using a car service (limousine) I can offer the suggestion that you arrange to have their phone contact number with you... Upon arrival back, whether it be Redhook or Manhattan.. you can call and advise them where to pick you up. (Based on the fact that there is usually 2 - 3 hour wait time before you disembark after the ship arrives at the pier)

Just my 2 cents....

SeaFliint.....

If you are using a car service (limousine) I can offer the suggestion that you arrange to have their phone contact number with you... Upon arrival back, whether it be Redhook or Manhattan.. you can call and advise them where to pick you up. (Based on the fact that there is usually 2 - 3 hour wait time before you disembark after the ship arrives at the pier)

Just my 2 cents....

I do have their number in my travel docs. Might even be on the cell phone.

Thanks for the good advice!

Nikkipink,

I would strongly advise you to arrive at the Brooklyn piers at or before noon. A friend of ours got caught in a big boarding log jam at last years Independence Weekend Cruise when he arrived around 2 ish.

We arrived at about noon and were aboard QM2 forty-five minutes later.

Have a great journey

Jonathan

Archived