QM2 job descriptions

tiggis

Oh man! Where are the two of you doing this?

I'll take either fire extinguisher or gasoline, per your preference(s).

I'll take the gasoline, Angela.

It's nearly $3.50 a gallon over here in CT.

Karie,

who has to fill up tomorrow. guess I'll have to stop at the bank first

I had a brief look at the Carnival Board. I have decided to give up all this public conveyance lark and charter my own yacht in future. Anyone who has ever travelled on a Carnival ship is automatically banned, and formal dress with diamond tiara for the ladies will be required every evening for dinner!

Regards, Louise

Any suggestions on a reply, since they also want to know the last time I sailed Carnival.....?

I've not been back since that last attack on formal dress about a month ago (at least I assume it was the last attack, I've not been back since to find out!). So many of them felt so insecure about their holidays that they would quite happily agree to their ship being called steerage:D

I'll take the gasoline, Angela.

It's nearly $3.50 a gallon over here in CT.

Karie,

who has to fill up tomorrow. guess I'll have to stop at the bank first

Karie,

We really do feel sorry for you as we fill up our cars, paying around $7.25 per (U.S.) gallon:mad:

David

I've not been back since that last attack on formal dress about a month ago (at least I assume it was the last attack, I've not been back since to find out!). So many of them felt so insecure about their holidays that they would quite happily agree to their ship being called steerage:D

Well ya should have. Because you all have been had. This thread was copied and pasted on that thread for everyone to see. Yes the host's saw it and it went poof. Everyone over on the Carnival boards now know who the childish ones are :eek: I guess it's really true...you can't judge a book by it's cover. Just pathetic....

Good luck because the hosts are watching you :mad:

Back in June 2004, our only experience in a QM2 QG cabin, each butler cared for ten cabins. (BTW, the seafaring officers called everything a "cabin", the purser said "suite" for every accomodation, and the cruise director had everyone in a "stateroom".)

QE2 Signal Deck (22 cabins) is three butlers and two young filipino bathroom boys.

Matthew

I think I will stop while I am still behind. One can not convince people of something that scares the H out of them and that they really have never experienced.

Unfortunately, we have lost that step ladder approach to society where one could see the rewards and work towards them. Now there are no steps that are visible and everyone feels entitled, and does not need to pay either their dues nor follow any sense of decorum or rules.

Their great grand parents would roll over in their graves if they knew what was going on. I need to go back that far in many cases because we are into the third generation of problems here in the US and I suspect on the other side of the pond. That nasty line in the sand called 1963 just keeps coming back to bite us every day in so many different ways.

If one needs for further discourse on this matter meet me in the Chart Room some afternoon on the 2008 world cruise and we can spend a few days discussing it all.

I am quite sure that your great grand parents would roll over in their graves if they knew that their relatives lacked understanding of the difference between the definitions of crass and class. I gave up on the snobbery of Cunard long ago. Perhaps a little exposure to the real world would enhance your life experiences. It surely has for me and while I can well afford Cunard and might one day choose to cruise again on Cunard, I am having a much more enjoyable time sailing with individuals who live and enjoy real life experiences. And, I don't wear jeans on cruises and I do dress appropriately for formal affairs. Enjoy your snobbery; but please try to show a little class in dealing with fellow human beings.

Well ya should have. Because you all have been had. This thread was copied and pasted on that thread for everyone to see. Yes the host's saw it and it went poof. Everyone over on the Carnival boards now know who the childish ones are :eek: I guess it's really true...you can't judge a book by it's cover. Just pathetic....

Good luck because the hosts are watching you :mad:

I am quite sure that your great grand parents would roll over in their graves if they knew that their relatives lacked understanding of the difference between the definitions of crass and class. I gave up on the snobbery of Cunard long ago. Perhaps a little exposure to the real world would enhance your life experiences. It surely has for me and while I can well afford Cunard and might one day choose to cruise again on Cunard, I am having a much more enjoyable time sailing with individuals who live and enjoy real life experiences. And, I don't wear jeans on cruises and I do dress appropriately for formal affairs. Enjoy your snobbery; but please try to show a little class in dealing with fellow human beings.

Why do I suspect that these two are newcomers to the Cunard forum?

PS: Q6 has a butler, yes? There was an article on the site here that said only Q4 and above on QM2.

Yes, indeed. I was in Q6 on the April 18th crossing and had the lovely Mihaela as my butler. There is an error in the preliminary brochure that states only Q4 and above have it, but this is false. All QM2 Queens Grill suites have a butler.

And your point:confused:

Sorry. I forgot that you would not understand the polite phraseology I was using. I meant that I thought that the two posts in question were by people who normally posted on the Carnival board and were posting here only to cause a row.

I see that in your case I was right (I haven't bothered to look and see where "asoutherngal" posts but I suspect that it will be the same). You come to the Cunard board and post insults and threats. I then make a veiled comment that I don't think you're posting here for altruistic reasons. I went to the Carnival Board and was told to "Go away - I wasn't wanted". I would suggest that the Cunard Board, while it may have pretencions, is a lot more friendly than the Carnival one!

So I suggest that both you and "asoutherngal" stick around, post some helpful comments and see what a friendly and not "pathetic" group we can be:)

Sorry. I forgot that you would not understand the polite phraseology I was using. I meant that I thought that the two posts in question were by people who normally posted on the Carnival board and were posting here only to cause a row.

I see that in your case I was right (I haven't bothered to look and see where "asoutherngal" posts but I suspect that it will be the same). You come to the Cunard board and post insults and threats. I then make a veiled comment that I don't think you're posting here for altruistic reasons. I went to the Carnival Board and was told to "Go away - I wasn't wanted". I would suggest that the Cunard Board, while it may have pretencions, is a lot more friendly than the Carnival one!

So I suggest that both you and "asoutherngal" stick around, post some helpful comments and see what a friendly and not "pathetic" group we can be:)

Evidently you have no clue as to what went on:rolleyes: That's ok because according to the number of views it received others do. So I'll bow out and leave at that;)

Oh and your remark that you forgot I wouldn't understand the polite phraseology you used just proves my point further.:rolleyes:

Why do I suspect that these two are newcomers to the Cunard forum?

We arrived here after three of the sophisticated Cunard board posters came to another thread that was pulled from the boards because of the remarks of "your" posters there. Apparently the "sophisticated" Cunard posters find great humor at the expense of others--and this is exactly why I no longer cruise Cunard.:rolleyes:

bit touchy aren't they?

I will admit that going to the other board and making comments is a bit childish and immature. (In a way it's performing a valuable service). But what would you call coming to the Cunard board, copying and pasting a thread here to there, in order to make fun of those here and call names? Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black.

Pot, meet Kettle.

I will admit that going to the other board and making comments is a bit childish and immature. (In a way it's performing a valuable service). But what would you call coming to the Cunard board, copying and pasting a thread here to there, in order to make fun of those here and call names? Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black.

Pot, meet Kettle.

I will answer your question since I am the one responsible for this. I wanted to let the posters on Canival know that some over here were just trying to stir the pot over there. The ones that were doing this (you know who you are) have absolutely no intentions whatsoever to even set foot on board a Carnival ship. As you Wadadli1 so eloquently put it in your own words:

To repeat--the only way I will ever be on one of those ships is if they are pulling me out of the ocean after mine sank. I just can't understand the thought process. (post 14 of this thread)

And Kindlychap answered:

Indeed. And I'd still want a mask!

So why act in such a way? Is this the real persona hiding behind your formal wear? I'm sorry I just don't get it.

Now I must ask "Who is making fun of who?" But since you did half heartily admit it was childish I suppose it does show you have a good heart deep inside.

By the way I think the only name I called anyone was childish......and I have to admit the shoe fits.

Remember when you reach the end and walk thru those pearly gates everyone will be sailing on the same ship:)

I will answer your question since I am the one responsible for this. I wanted to let the posters on Canival know that some over here were just trying to stir the pot over there. The ones that were doing this (you know who you are) have absolutely no intentions whatsoever to even set foot on board a Carnival ship. As you Wadadli1 so eloquently put it in your own words:

To repeat--the only way I will ever be on one of those ships is if they are pulling me out of the ocean after mine sank. I just can't understand the thought process. (post 14 of this thread)

And Kindlychap answered:

Indeed. And I'd still want a mask!

So why act in such a way? Is this the real persona hiding behind your formal wear? I'm sorry I just don't get it.

Now I must ask "Who is making fun of who?" But since you did half heartily admit it was childish I suppose it does show you have a good heart deep inside.

By the way I think the only name I called anyone was childish......and I have to admit the shoe fits.

Remember when you reach the end and walk thru those pearly gates everyone will be sailing on the same ship:)

Well, I likely won't act that way again, as I was hearted, not half. Still, I can't for the life of me understand the Carnival mentality. The "getting away with" and "formal jeans" and "smuggling alcohol" thing.

But since you ask, I will tell you what I feel. I feel that the immature behavior and conscious disregard for a dress code and general rudeness towards others that I notice happening when I read many of those Carnival messages says to me, Ugly American. And I know that there are people who I would like to know and I would like to judge me on my own merits, and such a mindset puts me at a disadvantage because I am an American. Stop! Don't assume it's the Brits. Shoot, I can't even tell someone here at home I'm going on a cruise because they assume there will be a belly flop contest and drunken extravaganzas in my future, because that's what they think "a cruise" entails.

I'm selfish. I grew up and found that you can dress properly (following the dress code) and act your age and be thoughtful of others and still have an incredible, raucous (sp) time. I'm not interested in lowered standards of any sort. I feel like I paid my dues. Flame me, call me a snob. All I'm saying is I am a happy participant of an experience that elevates, rather than panders to. I'm happy to be asked to aspire. And yes, it can be comfortable via clothes, and fun, via the people. Selfish because I want it my way.

The racetrack has a phrase--Horses for courses. We just may not agree. But I would do my best to haul you out of the sea, too, should you need hauling.

Sincerely,

Well, I likely won't act that way again, as I was hearted, not half. Still, I can't for the life of me understand the Carnival mentality. The "getting away with" and "formal jeans" and "smuggling alcohol" thing.

But since you ask, I will tell you what I feel. I feel that the immature behavior and conscious disregard for a dress code and general rudeness towards others that I notice happening when I read many of those Carnival messages says to me, Ugly American. And I know that there are people who I would like to know and I would like to judge me on my own merits, and such a mindset puts me at a disadvantage because I am an American. Stop! Don't assume it's the Brits. Shoot, I can't even tell someone here at home I'm going on a cruise because they assume there will be a belly flop contest and drunken extravaganzas in my future, because that's what they think "a cruise" entails.

I'm selfish. I grew up and found that you can dress properly (following the dress code) and act your age and be thoughtful of others and still have an incredible, raucous (sp) time. I'm not interested in lowered standards of any sort. I feel like I paid my dues. Flame me, call me a snob. All I'm saying is I am a happy participant of an experience that elevates, rather than panders to. I'm happy to be asked to aspire. And yes, it can be comfortable via clothes, and fun, via the people. Selfish because I want it my way.

The racetrack has a phrase--Horses for courses. We just may not agree.

Sincerely,

Well said from another American who appreciates well dressed dinner partners who share a certain enjoyment of the better things in life, intelligent conversation, good wine, music and the dance.

Thankfully there still are a few places where this atmosphere can be found, although for the most part I have to create it with at home get togethers as my locale of residence does not offer much in the way of up scale dining, etc. Another reason for an elegant voyage.

Well said from another American who appreciates well dressed dinner partners who share a certain enjoyment of the better things in life, intelligent conversation, good wine, music and the dance.

Thankfully there still are a few places where this atmosphere can be found, although for the most part I have to create it with at home get togethers as my locale of residence does not offer much in the way of up scale dining, etc. Another reason for an elegant voyage.

My other selfish reason is I don't want to find a lowering of standards where I found a good place to go to. In this case, I am liking the selfish.

Hi Song. :)

The racetrack has a phrase--Horses for courses. We just may not agree.

Sincerely,

I think you were sincere. I did hightlight some of your words....do they sound familiar? As you guys on here have proven this kind of behavior happens on all the boards not just Carnival LOL!

Contrary to belief....most of the guests on Carnival do dress to the tens on formal night. We do:) Those that say they don't have never been on any of our cruises. So they are basically just trying to start another world war. But even if they were dressed down and allowed in the dining room, life is too short for me to have that ruin my meal......

Please check out all the boards you will find the same bull crap.....

I don't think you are a snob.....just a tad uptight?

Sounds like Carnival is making an impression in your neck of the woods LOL! (bellyflopping contest and what not)

We are looking into Cunard in 2008 ( that's how I found out about this pot sitrring thing LOL) We would have looked into Cunard sooner but some of our family members are not on the same budget we are. So I guess in your words we lowered our standards to be with them:rolleyes: Maybe our paths will cross afterall:D

By the way.....I'm proud to be an American:)

Happy sailing!

Sorry everyone for hyjacking this thread.....sorry op...

I think you were sincere. I did hightlight some of your words....do they sound familiar? As you guys on here have proven this kind of behavior happens on all the boards not just Carnival LOL!

Contrary to belief....most of the guests on Carnival do dress to the tens on formal night. We do:) Those that say they don't have never been on any of our cruises. So they are basically just trying to start another world war. But even if they were dressed down and allowed in the dining room, life is too short for me to have that ruin my meal......

Please check out all the boards you will find the same bull crap.....

I don't think you are a snob.....just a tad uptight?

Sounds like Carnival is making an impression in your neck of the woods LOL! (bellyflopping contest and what not)

We are looking into Cunard in 2008 ( that's how I found out about this pot sitrring thing LOL) We would have looked into Cunard sooner but some of our family members are not on the same budget we are. So I guess in your words we lowered our standards to be with them:rolleyes: Maybe our paths will cross afterall:D

By the way.....I'm proud to be an American:)

Happy sailing!

Sorry everyone for hyjacking this thread.....sorry op...

Sounds as if we are coming quite close to an understanding! But two things...

One, I would never be the one to lower the Cunard standards in an effort to "get away with"...the lack of that mentality is why I like the old girls and the Cunard fans. Again, I would rather have to aspire. Not a problem, really.

And second, I take what you say about the Carnival passengers with a grain of salt, as all I know about them is what they write on the message board. Perhaps if they aren't so careless, it would help if the ones who hold to higher standards wrote more than the ones who are looking to do otherwise? Just saying.

Hey, over Christmas/New Year we went on the Regatta (Oceania), and trying to figure out "county club casual" was much more difficult to discern than Formal. And not nearly as fun and pretty. Mind! Everyone looked lovely, but it was difficult for me, personally. I did well, as it turned out. Selfish talk, again. ;)

PS: No, not uptight. Just want to keep the Cunard faith.

Sounds as if we are coming quite close to an understanding! But two things...

One, I would never be the one to lower the Cunard standards in an effort to "get away with"...the lack of that mentality is why I like the old girls and the Cunard fans. Again, I would rather have to aspire. Not a problem, really.

And second, I take what you say about the Carnival passengers with a grain of salt, as all I know about them is what they write on the message board. Perhaps if they aren't so careless, it would help if the ones who hold to higher standards wrote more than the ones who are looking to do otherwise? Just saying.

Hey, over Christmas/New Year we went on the Regatta (Oceania), and trying to figure out "county club casual" was much more difficult to discern than Formal. And not nearly as fun and pretty. Mind! Everyone looked lovely, but it was difficult for me, personally. I did well, as it turned out. Selfish talk, again. ;)

PS: No, not uptight. Just want to keep the Cunard faith.

No.....I don't think we will ever come to an understanding. But that's okay. And you should take eveything you read on all boards with a grain of salt. Not just Carnival. By the way you never did answer my question regarding if you have ever sailed on Carnival. Never mind I think I know the answer.

For a minute I thought you had sailed Carnival seeing that you are so knowledgeable about it:D

You see, you are still judging people for being careless when infact you just admitted to being childish and immature.....wouldn't you call that being careless?

I see now some cannot see beyond their own noses.....pity.....

If our paths cross......let's hope it's on cunard......and not the Carnival board:D

By the way what's with the cunard standard and the cunard faith? Sounds like some sort of cult:p

Cheers!

By the way what's with the cunard standard and the cunard faith? Sounds like some sort of cult:p

Cheers!

I hadn't thought of it that way! Still, far less dangerous than Christianity!

Matthew

Archived