QM2 job descriptions

tiggis

I will tell you what I feel. I feel that the immature behavior and conscious disregard for a dress code and general rudeness towards others that I notice happening when I read many of those Carnival messages says to me, Ugly American. And I know that there are people who I would like to know and I would like to judge me on my own merits, and such a mindset puts me at a disadvantage because I am an American.

Well said - My image of Americans is that as a group they are loud, overbearing, rude and just plain ignorant. Yet as individuals I've never met one in person (and only a handful on the internet) who was like that. I will quite freely admit that having visited the Carnival boards I don't think I could stand a couple of weeks on a ship full of that "kind of person".

Contrary to belief....most of the guests on Carnival do dress to the tens on formal night

The idea of dressing to "the tens" does not appeal to me - I would far rather stick to a dress code, a dress code that was enforced.

Well said - My image of Americans is that as a group they are loud, overbearing, rude and just plain ignorant. Yet as individuals I've never met one in person (and only a handful on the internet) who was like that. I will quite freely admit that having visited the Carnival boards I don't think I could stand a couple of weeks on a ship full of that "kind of person".

quote]

Before too many people rush to the ramparts on this statement, as an American let me concur with your total appraisal. We wear so much better as individuals than as a group. And finally, having witnessed the helmet of beer and hairy leg contests on NCL, I have no desire to repeat the experience on any line.

.......as a group they are loud, overbearing, rude and just plain ignorant. Yet as individuals I've never met one in person (and only a handful on the internet) who was like that.

Fill in any particular nationality.....there is an old Latin proverb:

“The senators are good men, but the senate is a beast”

Before too many people rush to the ramparts on this statement, as an American let me concur with your total appraisal. We wear so much better as individuals than as a group. And finally, having witnessed the helmet of beer and hairy leg contests on NCL, I have no desire to repeat the experience on any line.

I agree with both parties here. And, I'd like to add that I think it goes for most nationalities.

The quiet people are not noticed. The noisy ones are, be they English, American, German or anyone else.

Matthew

No.....I don't think we will ever come to an understanding. But that's okay. And you should take eveything you read on all boards with a grain of salt. Not just Carnival. By the way you never did answer my question regarding if you have ever sailed on Carnival. Never mind I think I know the answer.

For a minute I thought you had sailed Carnival seeing that you are so knowledgeable about it:D

You see, you are still judging people for being careless when infact you just admitted to being childish and immature.....wouldn't you call that being careless?

I see now some cannot see beyond their own noses.....pity.....

If our paths cross......let's hope it's on cunard......and not the Carnival board:D

By the way what's with the cunard standard and the cunard faith? Sounds like some sort of cult:p

Cheers!

I don't exactly know what I said, as I was trying so hard to walk thru a potential minefield my train of thought was ruined. This I can say clearly--the attitude of "I'll wear whatever I want, do whatever I want, baby in diapers pooping in the pool, scotch in Listerine bottles" is the same kind of self-absorbed and don't take responsibility for one's actions mentality I experience every day--just driving to work is a trip thru this Me Wonderland. To experience more of this on a cruise wouldn't make it much of a fun time, I don't think. Our society hasn't gotten better as the standards have gotten lower and notions of self-entitlement grow higher and louder.

The dress code debate has become something of the Poster Child for this, in a way. Quite possibly helped because it comes up as a topic so often!:)

No, I've never sailed on Carnival. I'm in the Cunard Cult, remember? ;)

This I can say clearly--the attitude of "I'll wear whatever I want, do whatever I want, baby in diapers pooping in the pool, scotch in Listerine bottles" is the same kind of self-absorbed and don't take responsibility for one's actions mentality I experience every day--just driving to work is a trip thru this Me Wonderland.

Bingo! It happens everywhere not just Carnival.:) My whole point is why stoop to a lower standard (your words not mine) and visit the Carnival boards to stir the pot:confused: Seeing that you are completely satisfied with Cunard? And have no intentions on cruising Carnival. I may be wrong but I'm assuming it's just to start trouble. I just wanted to show the posters what really hides behind that image some on here try to portray. But I think most of them already know:D

Now I know the good majority who do sail on Cunard don't act in such a manner.......I do have friends and family who love Cunard. And would never set themselves to a higher standard then anyone else for that matter. By the way they also sail Carnival:D

For someone that is embarrased to be an American, was poor most their life(your words).....sounds to me like someone trying to portray someone their not.

That's all

To the host's on this board, please forgive me for turning this into a complete hyjacking. Never meant to be.....

Next time I will just click on the triangle button in the top corner and let you guys handle it in the way you see fit:)

Bingo! It happens everywhere not just Carnival.:) My whole point is why stoop to a lower standard (your words not mine) and visit the Carnival boards to stir the pot:confused: Seeing that you are completely satisfied with Cunard? And have no intentions on cruising Carnival. I may be wrong but I'm assuming it's just to start trouble. I just wanted to show the posters what really hides behind that image some on here try to portray. But I think most of them already know:D

Now I know the good majority who do sail on Cunard don't act in such a manner.......I do have friends and family who love Cunard. And would never set themselves to a higher standard then anyone else for that matter. By the way they also sail Carnival:D

For someone that is embarrased to be an American, was poor most their life(your words).....sounds to me like someone trying to portray someone their not.

That's all

To the host's on this board, please forgive me for turning this into a complete hyjacking. Never meant to be.....

Next time I will just click on the triangle button in the top corner and let you guys handle it in the way you see fit:)

Why? Actually Songanddance knows the answer to that. I don't think it's merely to be troublemakers, though it usually ends up that way.

Embarrassed+American+poor+portray+their+not= Please. If you are trying to insult or rile me up with misperceptions, I'll feign outrage and you win.

Yes, indeed. I was in Q6 on the April 18th crossing and had the lovely Mihaela as my butler. There is an error in the preliminary brochure that states only Q4 and above have it, but this is false. All QM2 Queens Grill suites have a butler.

Thanks, Sulla. I've become aware that the best information comes from those who have been onboard and to not take anything the land-based folks say save with a grain of salt. What I read certainly gave me pause, and it's good to know that the status is still quo. :)

Love that name! Do I quallify to be a "sullaMichelangelo" for one Naples to New York crossing so long ago? In my extreme youth, of course. They were both beauties, weren't they?

Love that name! Do I quallify to be a "sullaMichelangelo" for one Naples to New York crossing so long ago? In my extreme youth, of course. They were both beauties, weren't they?

Can I be sullaPalladio, because he's my favorite architect? Obviously I am not as clever as the two of you, but well...:rolleyes:

Archived