If I'd only had a camcorder going!!!

JayDeeJay

I witnessed one of the funniest things I've EVER seen on our last cruise! If I'd had the video going I'd surely win the ten-thousand dollar prize!! You know how there's this threshold several inches high when you go into any of the public bathrooms onboard? You have to step over it as you open the door? Well, I was right behind this really attractive blonde girl who was opening the door to the ladies room with one hand and she had a glass of wine in the other hand .... and she tripped on that threshold ... which made her throw her free hand upwards to keep her balance ... which launched the wine in her glass straight up .... and then it came straight down .... right on top of her head! Empty glass!! We both were just frozen for a brief second, then she just busted out laughing ... and so did I !!! The wine flattened out her hair-do, and was dripping off her nose ... one of those slapstick moments! Fortunately she found it funny, and we both were just howling ... geeeze, I crack up just thinking about it!! Gotta watch those thresholds!! They'll get ya every time!!:D She was a very good sport about it.

I walked straight into a window. You know how it's like window, automatic doors, window. Well I thought the door was open where the window was and I mean I SMACKED right into it. HARD. What sucked is that I was by myself with no one I knew around me. So I just had to laugh at myself and hope that no one saw (yeah right)

I witnessed one of the funniest things I've EVER seen on our last cruise! If I'd had the video going I'd surely win the ten-thousand dollar prize!! You know how there's this threshold several inches high when you go into any of the public bathrooms onboard? You have to step over it as you open the door? Well, I was right behind this really attractive blonde girl who was opening the door to the ladies room with one hand and she had a glass of wine in the other hand .... and she tripped on that threshold ... which made her throw her free hand upwards to keep her balance ... which launched the wine in her glass straight up .... and then it came straight down .... right on top of her head! Empty glass!! We both were just frozen for a brief second, then she just busted out laughing ... and so did I !!! The wine flattened out her hair-do, and was dripping off her nose ... one of those slapstick moments! Fortunately she found it funny, and we both were just howling ... geeeze, I crack up just thinking about it!! Gotta watch those thresholds!! They'll get ya every time!!:D She was a very good sport about it.

Thanks!

It's been a looong stressful day here at work, and this story actually made me laugh out loud! Great story! :D

Linda

That's a great story. Ships from many years ago had those thresholds everywhere. There was one to enter your cabin and one to enter your bathroom and in just about every doorway on the ship. My first cruise was on the Festivale and I got into the habit of stepping over the threshold after a week on the ship. After I came home, every time I went from one room to another, I stepped up and over an invisible threshold.:confused: I did this for several days until I broke the habit.

My mother in law did something similar to that but it was an uneven sidewalk and a can of stain (for the deck) I bet the wine washed out better than the stain :D :D

That's a great story. Ships from many years ago had those thresholds everywhere. There was one to enter your cabin and one to enter your bathroom and in just about every doorway on the ship. My first cruise was on the Festivale and I got into the habit of stepping over the threshold after a week on the ship. After I came home, every time I went from one room to another, I stepped up and over an invisible threshold.:confused: I did this for several days until I broke the habit.

LOL!! I do it everytime i get back from cruising!! :)

I walked straight into a window. You know how it's like window, automatic doors, window. Well I thought the door was open where the window was and I mean I SMACKED right into it. HARD. What sucked is that I was by myself with no one I knew around me. So I just had to laugh at myself and hope that no one saw (yeah right)

I am laughing with you - I did the same thing but my friend was there to witness it :) They need to stop cleaning those windows or put a sticker on them or something.

Archived