Welcome to Stockholm Star Princess

I love large ships and I'll be down there to watch the sail away. I'm just glad that Princess finally decided to start docking at Stockholm proper instead of tendering into Nynäshamn. I hope you all enjoyed the trip through the archipelago and that you had a great day in Stockholm.

I'll be up on the rocky hill above your ship taking pictures at a place called Fåfangen, it usually has four large Swedish flags flying from the four corners. There is an outdoor café up there and the views are fantastic, be sure to wave. :)

Al

Hi Al,

I will be on the Star in June and I am also very happy that she docks in Stockholm. Since you live there, could you please tell me how far it is to city from where she docks. Specifically the area of the Royal Palace, Armory and Galmastad.

I was lucky enough to take a ferry from Helsinki to Stockholm several years ago. It was my first experience in Europe and I will never forget waking up on the ferry and seeing the archipelago. My husband and I had no idea what we were seeing until later but what a beautiful sight.

You have a beautiful city and I look forward to seeing it again.

Thanks

Shelly

Hi Al,

I will be on the Star in June and I am also very happy that she docks in Stockholm. Since you live there, could you please tell me how far it is to city from where she docks. Specifically the area of the Royal Palace, Armory and Galmastad.

I was lucky enough to take a ferry from Helsinki to Stockholm several years ago. It was my first experience in Europe and I will never forget waking up on the ferry and seeing the archipelago. My husband and I had no idea what we were seeing until later but what a beautiful sight.

You have a beautiful city and I look forward to seeing it again.

Thanks

Shelly

Hi Shelly,

The Star seems to be getting a good spot this season at Stadsgården 167. This is a 15-30 minute walk (depending on how fast you walk) to Slussen (ferry to Vasa and Skansen) and the Old Town (Gamla Stan).

Welcome back to Stockholm and have a great time.

Al

Thanks Al Fresco for the docking information you gave out for the 2007 Star Princess. You mentioned the time for walk about 15-30 minutes I think. If walking was not possible do you have any other suggestions for getting to the ferry to reach Gamla Stan and also Vasa

Thanks

Thanks Al Fresco for the docking information you gave out for the 2007 Star Princess. You mentioned the time for walk about 15-30 minutes I think. If walking was not possible do you have any other suggestions for getting to the ferry to reach Gamla Stan and also Vasa

Thanks

Well, if for some reason you can't walk then I would suggest your ship's shuttle bus or a taxi. Be aware that your ship's shuttle may not let you off at the Slussen ferry terminal and you will have to make your way back from where they let you off (The Opera House seems to be the place for most lines).

Good luck

Al

Archived