self service laundry onboard river empress(Uniworld)

mitchdew

Hi,

We will be sailing out of Budapest and i was wondering if this ship has self service laundry or not.

Since we will be a week in Budapest and i do not want to carry that much luggage.

Please advise

I just finished a cruise on the River Queen and we had a laundry on board. However the prices for having them do it were very fair I thought... so I did! That way I could go to sleep at nite and get my zzzzs and not have to worry about staying up and doing laundry.

Steamboats

Is there a self service laundry on the River Royale? We are taking our first ever rivercruise followed by a western mediteranean cruise to celebrate 44 years of marriage so I have to do some laundry in a month !

thanks

Benfield

Cruised on the River Royale last summer---no laundry. The prices are not bad. Give yourself a gift, Let them do your laundry. You are in for a wonderful week. There have been a few reviews about Royale. When you are logged on, use the search facility at the top of the thread and see what you can find. The boat was also featured in Porthole magazine last summer. Happy anniversary!!!! Pat

Benfield -

When are you doing your river cruise? We are doing the Chalon to Arles route on the 17th of June after the pre-trip Paris extension. I've only heard good things about this boat so I can't wait to actually see her.

Pat -

How are the electric outlets on the Royale? My hairdryer is dual voltage but we're taking a hard drive camcorder, digital camera, chargers and transfer device to download our videos. I have converters etc but I'm still curious. When we did our ocean cruise we had plenty of outlets on the Grandeur.

thanks

Linda

mymk4u,

The bathroom has the usual shaver outlet. The storage in the bathroom is wonderful--a long deep drawer under the sink. We can only remember one set of double plugs in the room itself. As long as you don't try to do it all at once , you should be ok. We were on the second deck--no balcony. Last summer was VERY hot, so we wouldn't have opened the door. When you open the door , the a/c shuts down. Also no screen, so room could get buggy. If you can, take the optional to Beaune, by far the most beautiful medieval town we've seen. This was incleuded on the inuagral season. The staff was great. We were met on our return with frozen towels for neck and face, one day ice cream cones and others cold drinks. We also did the pre-cruise in Paris. Since it was not our first trip to Paris, we just went off on our own. The hotel used last year, Concorde Ste. Lazare, is a grand dame--beautiful old hotel. We had a room at the back--no noise. Wish we were going again, but the Elbe beckons us this summer. Travel safely and enjoy. Pat

Thanks Pat. Sounds like we might be ok. I'm not in the mood to drag a power strip along on this trip. I understand it'll be "muggy" the further south we go. We're part of a U of Louisville tour group and my mother in law got us all balcony rooms but I know you really can't go out on them. If it's hot my hubby won't even open the door. Not sure about any optional tours. We'll be switching off with my BIL & SIL when it comes to being with hubby's mother. She has walking issues though so she may just attend the onboard lectures while we tour. She's been all over Europe before anyway.

The hotel they booked us in is the Regina. Hubby's been to Paris before but this is my first trip. I can't wait! The only thing I'm disappointed about is our 3rd day in Paris is really more of a "don't plan anything because it's a 5 hr bus ride to Chalon" kind of day. But hey...I'm going to be in France.

mymk4u

Alas, our cruise is not until September, also Chalon to Arles. Hope you will post a review to let us know your impressions of the cruise. One thing I would like to know is where in Chalon the boat docks as we will be making our own way there via train from Paris.

Mary

Archived