scrapbooking classes?

Don't know of any classes. As the wife is an avid scrapper, we have looked but not found any specific scrapbook supplies. We look for stores in the various ports to get local supplies. Sometimes hard to find but some arts and crafts stores do carry small amounts. Even found some in Holland this year while there!

There have been a couple of scrapbook cruises put on by Creating Keepsakes I believe, but thats the best that we have heard about.

Cheers,

On the Noordam last week there was a scrapbooking class listed in the daily planner, however it really was more of a booth trying to sell the scrapbooking material rather than a class. The "class" consisted of a woman at a table at the Lido with a pile of scrapbooks/materials for sale and a sample scrapbook filled out to look out. Despite the false advertising that this was a "class" the scrapbook and material were actually pretty nice and we wound up buying one. The scrapbook itself goes for $30 (or $29.95 as they corrected me when they overheard me tell someone it was $30) and the scrapbook material (containing some 3D emblems, stickers, glue, colorful pages with Alaska themes, etc.) went for $25 (or $24.95 to be more precise). You also get a coupon for a free photo of the ship which you can redeem at the photo gallery.

Perhaps on other ships they will have a true class, but be prepared for it to just be a sales desk with a sample scrapbook. Fortunately there was no charge for the class.

Enjoy your cruise.

I've never done scrapbooking, so what is the difference between that and having a large photo albun where you can put in your photos and mementoes. My photo albums have plastic coverings on each page and I can write whatever I want.

As an asside, I was cleaning out my basement and preparing to throw out some boxes I never unpacked when I moved here 5 years ago, and I found a photo album and souveniers that I kept from when my husband and I first met and were dating. Glad I checked what was in those boxes before I tossed them. Didn't even remember that I had that particular album.

The HAL 12x12 scrapbook and accompanying stickers/supplies (which were great, by the way - contained lots of stuff and many with HAL/cruising theme) were sold in the photo gallery not the gift shop. The products were very nice and a good deal, but I opted not to buy because - like many scrapbookers - I have wayyyyy too much stuff already!

If you want to scrapbook on a cruise I recommend booking a scrapbooking charter cruise. I've heard great things about them. They are advertised in most of the major scrapbooking magazines. Enjoy!

These scrapbooks were definitely Alaska specific that were on the Noordam next week. I do not know if they are planning similar materials for non-Alaskan cruises. I guess it depends on how successful they are selling the Alaska books. They were quite nice.

Also for scrappers, in the port shops, lots of Alaska stickers and stuff. There must of had lots of request for such. I don't remember seeing them on past cruises there. The packet in the photo shop on board was also a first for me also.

I took my first HAL cruise in November 2006. There were no scrapbook items or classes on our cruise. I am an avid scrapbooker and now teach SB classes thru Scrapbooking At Sea. I wish all of the cruise lines would carry items that we could include in our trip scrapbooks.

In my classes, participants complete an entire album during the cruise.

I hope you find the items you are looking for.

anne

Archived