Brooklyn Balcony Nosh - Crown Princess

njfirstimer

Does anyone that has gone on the May 07 cruises out of Brooklyn know if they still have the Brooklyn Balcony Nosh??

Thanks

Bill

Bill,

Just back from the 5/12 sailing - Balcony Nosh was offered, $8.

When I was on the Crown I saw this advertised, but I don't see what you get for paying $8 for a hot dog(you can get free from room service) and a beer? Isn't that just an expensive beer?:confused:

It's not the same hot dog you get from free from room service. It is a Nathan's Famous Hot Dog, and the beer is a local micro brew. It also includes a piece of Junior's (another famous Brooklyn establishment) Cheesecake.

You do get what YOU Pay for.

A Nathans Hot Dog is Parve/Kosher so no Pork. The differences in a Pork and Beef Hot Dog are mainly Spices..(Added^%^^&*)() .. With Pork it is natural ..With Beef well you guess what goes in it..:rolleyes:

The Beer is a Local Brooklyn Non-Union Borough Brewery. Yes not Bud from Newark, NJ on US1 and 9 next to Liberty International Airport.

Juniors CheeseCake may be the best item on the Balconey Nosh..;)

As most 99.90999% of Cruise Ships cut there Cheese Cake with too much Flour as a filler. You should only use micro amounts of Flour .They use a ^ HIGH Percentage.:mad:

Yes thats the Secret in Great NY CheeseCake.. Not Much Flour and Plenty of Cream Cheese...

When I was on the Crown I saw this advertised, but I don't see what you get for paying $8 for a hot dog(you can get free from room service) and a beer? Isn't that just an expensive beer?:confused:

A Nathans Hot Dog is Parve/Kosher so no Pork. The differences in a Pork and Beef Hot Dog are mainly Spices..(Added^%^^&*)() .. With Pork it is natural ..With Beef well you guess what goes in it..:rolleyes:

The Beer is a Local Brooklyn Non-Union Borough Brewery. Yes not Bud from Newark, NJ on US1 and 9 next to Liberty International Airport.

Juniors CheeseCake may be the best item on the Balconey Nosh..;)

As most 99.90999% of Cruise Ships cut there Cheese Cake with too much Flour as a filler. You should only use micro amounts of Flour .They use a ^ HIGH Percentage.:mad:

Yes thats the Secret in Great NY CheeseCake.. Not Much Flour and Plenty of Cream Cheese...

Well, if you want to get technical (and obviously you do!) a true NY cheesecake has NO, I repeat, NO flour!!!!!

Njfirstimer....If the Nosh sounds like fun, and it does to me...why not try it. It's $8, not exactly Trump money in the scheme of things!

Have fun!!!!

I read about it when I booked my cruise and it sounded like agreat way to start my cruise. I love hot dogs, beer and cheesecake. It sounds like a good way to start my drinking binge. lol. One other question though, where and when do you order it. 7/14 is comin soon!!!

I read about it when I booked my cruise and it sounded like agreat way to start my cruise. I love hot dogs, beer and cheesecake. It sounds like a good way to start my drinking binge. lol. One other question though, where and when do you order it. 7/14 is comin soon!!!

Found this when I googled it:

http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na802

Looks like it's room service "lunch". As a complement to its popular "Ultimate Balcony Breakfast" and "Ultimate Balcony Dinner," Princess Cruises is introducing a new room service meal that many New Yorkers will call the "ultimate balcony lunch." The new Brooklyn Balcony Nosh features an authentic Nathan's Hot Dog with all the trimmings, an ice cold bottle of Brooklyn Brewery's Premium Lager Beer, and a generous slice of Junior's Cheesecake, a Brooklyn institution since 1950.

We're on the same sailing as you. CAN'T WAIT!!

Kim

I am on that cruise too. Have you joined the roll call for that one??? Come join our roll call.

I'm not sure I'd want to eat a "Parve Hot Dog". Parve means it contains neither Meat nor Dairy. Eggs, Mayo, Fruits are the best examples. A Beef Hot Dog is definitely NOT Parve.

just as an FYI for people who live close to NYC or will have a chance to be in manhattan before their crown cruise- they opened a junior's in times square Has a take out section and what looks like a restaurant as well. Juniors also makes an amazing crumb cake. :)

I'm not sure I'd want to eat a "Parve Hot Dog". Parve means it contains neither Meat nor Dairy. Eggs, Mayo, Fruits are the best examples. A Beef Hot Dog is definitely NOT Parve.

I agree with pscheer! AAA, I think you have it backwards. The pork hot dog may have other "stuff" in it; the kosher beef hot dog is beef (not parve). Kosher beef is probably the "cleanest" sold.

A parve hot dog (if there is such a thing) would be vegetarian.

I wish they'd offer this on all cruises, not just out of NY :) .

Archived