Mob scene at the ports?

fishmaniac

How do they control the mass exodus from the ship? Do they do it by deck/section? Will they even check to make sure I'm from the right deck/section?

If our ship's supposed to be in Mazatlan by 7:00am, by what time do you suppose the LAST person will get off the ship at that port? (the last person who wanted to get off at 7:00am that is..)

Thanks!

If you are just getting off at a port and the ship is docked at the pier than it is really no big deal. Many times people are getting off at various times depending on the times for their port excursions. The challenge comes into play for those ports where you have to take tenders to the pier. In those cases that can sometimes be a challenge but many times the cruise lines (particularly the mass market lines) give out tickets to those who are on the excursions so they can get off ahead of those who are not booked on an excursion in order to ensure that they are on the pier in time for the start of their excursion.

Keith

Iv found no line at 7 a.m. Most people are still waking up and eating breakfast. Iv also found that if I go tender early that Iv never had to get a tender ticket even, just was told to go get on the tender. Once I had to go into the auditorium and they walked us to the tender in the order we sat down. Almost no waiting though. As soon as we had enough to fill a tender they walked us to the tender.

Many of the stores in the ports dont open until 10 or 11 am, so not everyone wants off early in the morning. I lolly gag myself usually until past 9 am sometimes.

I don't book excursions, so I'm never in a hurry to get off the ship at ports. I've never witnessed a mob scene...most are nice orderly folks.:D I like to have an extra cuppa coffee in hand and watch those debarking the ship below. No rush, I'm on vacation.:)

I believe if you are booked on a ship's sponsored excursion, you'll be the first off the ship.

Archived