Carnival Liberty Thread - All The Info You Need Is In Here

kiffrig

Hi there! My hubby (an ex Navy sailor) would prefer a middle balcony cabin although I would prefer an aft balcony cabin. Can you please tell me what your favourite balcony cabins are on the Liberty somewhere around the middle? Is the Empress deck the best deck? Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Any new info to share on the Liberty. Let's get this thread going again.

I just sailed on her last week and it was great. Food was just ok, I guess I expected more out of it but it certainly wasn't bad. If anyone wants more of my opinion feel free to ask. I wont post it here as some folks get mightily offended at less than glowing food reviews.

Great ship and a great time. I would book it again no hesitation.

Only thing close to a tip is ,, For tendering in Grand Cayman there was no number system like other said there would be. It was first come first served so get there early if you want on the Island early.

for me (no agendas here)-----

Service = Outstanding (everyone was exrtremely friendly and helpful)

Ship = Very nice (decent layout, not too gaudy but not to posh either)

Entertainment = Outstanding (the shows were incredible and the comedians were pretty good)

Food = meh It was ok, nothing to rave about IMHO

Overall Value = excellent

Would I said her again? Heck yes

Thank you for the update! Did you have a set dining time or Anytime dining? We chose anytime based off our NCL experiences.

We really love Anytime seating, have done it the last few cruises. It's in the Golden dining room on Liberty. Both floors. We were on the lower level every night but one. First night we got a buzzer and waited about 10 minutes. That was the only night we had a wait, we had a two top everynight (except one when we went to the steakhouse). Very similar to Freestyle as we have experienced it on NCL.

We'resailing on her in Jul. Can anyone tell me if you can start swimming after embarking?I thought I read somewhere that this was one of the few ships that kept the net on at embarkation. I have a 9 year old who will be chomping at the bit to swim

Thank you for the update! Did you have a set dining time or Anytime dining? We chose anytime based off our NCL experiences.

We chose anytime dining but almost always ate at the first seating 5:45.

Very attentive and friendly staff, never had to wait on anything. We also were able to get a table by a window each time. Well we requested the same waiter and table each night since he was so good and the table was so nice. It ended up being 3 couple at the same table every time since we all got along so great and the service was top notch.

I don't know how service was later in the night but given each section had a head waiter and 2 assistant waiters, I am betting it was good as well.

I was impressed.

Here is the table we ate at each night. The 3 of us couples took turns at the window.

o9pw91.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Going on the Liberty right after the "big secret" Dry Dock. Glad i found this thread and can't wait!!:D:D

You too are now required to POST a review and/or comments (and pictures!!!) upon your return! :D:D

Archived