JH says Liberty in for big drydock change!

pe4all

While I am not on Facebook, I do stop on John Heald's facebook page once a morning to see what is going on. This a.m. he announced the following: "Please don't bother asking me for details because at this point I can't give any but what the beards are planning for the Carnival Liberty drydock is amazing." Anyone have any ideas? I am sailing her this Christmas - I think she is due for drydock in Oct. or Nov. I would love some more details!:)

Hmmm. Looks like the second week of October there is no scheduled sailing. We were on her this past April and will be again this coming April. When the freedom went into dry dock we had a family oceanview which they converted to a balcony. It was quite a suprise for us. It was our first balcony and have a hard time not getting one now. That was the only thing we noticed that change since we were on her a year ealier.

Agree, but it is fun giving our comments, thoughts, and expert opinions.:rolleyes:

So true! I would not have started this thread if I had any info on the drydock, so we are all speculating. I didn't realize that Liberty didn't have a Serenity area yet - bet they are putting one in! And wouldn't a Waterworks area be great!:D

Hmmm. Looks like the second week of October there is no scheduled sailing. We were on her this past April and will be again this coming April. When the freedom went into dry dock we had a family oceanview which they converted to a balcony. It was quite a suprise for us. It was our first balcony and have a hard time not getting one now. That was the only thing we noticed that change since we were on her a year ealier.

So you booked at the ocean view rate and got a balcony?

along with her own private island that can be towed behind the ship. :D:D:D

Now THAT sounds cool! That'll give all those RCCL cruisers something to talk about!:p:D

While I am not on Facebook, I do stop on John Heald's facebook page once a morning to see what is going on. This a.m. he announced the following: "Please don't bother asking me for details because at this point I can't give any but what the beards are planning for the Carnival Liberty drydock is amazing." Anyone have any ideas? I am sailing her this Christmas - I think she is due for drydock in Oct. or Nov. I would love some more details!:)

OK - so when is this dry dock supposed to take place? Anyone know? We are debating between the Liberty and the Legend for a Oct. 2012 cruise. Sure wish we knew what they would be doing to her - that might sway our decision some! My kids would love a waterworks area!

OK - so when is this dry dock supposed to take place? Anyone know? We are debating between the Liberty and the Legend for a Oct. 2012 cruise. Sure wish we knew what they would be doing to her - that might sway our decision some! My kids would love a waterworks area!
Late Oct 2011

As noted above, it looks like maybe the 2nd week of October. I too look forward to seeing what they'll do during refit. I REALLY like "Liberty" just the way she is, but a few added gizmo's and a serenity deck would really be nice. Can't wait to hear all the facts!

"SKY"

Since they have not announced what they will do any commentsd here would be sheer speculation.

Ok - my sheer speculation for silliness is they are going to put the Skywalkers lounge they just removed from the Grand Princess right behind the the whale tail on her. Then Liberty will be the only CCL ship sporting a spoiler.:D

10/8-22/2011 is Liberty's drydock.

It's gotta be something really big - the "regular" drydock stuff (engine maintanence, new carpet, bedding, flatscreen tv's in the rooms) plus something else. They already put Serenity areas on the other conquest-style ships (loved the one on Glory). That's nice, but doesn't fall under the title of "amazing" as described by John Heald.

my guess is that she will be getting something like the new Magic resturant and bar.. and the cabins will be refurbished... along with her own private island that can be towed behind the ship. :D:D:D

I hope this is true, well the restaurant/bar part anyway! Maybe this is why I haven't heard anything regarding my reservation at Harry's! :D

The new Serenity area will be a completely new design. Adults only strictly enforced as it will be tops optional. Plush tanning areas, one hot tub but also one small chilled pool. It should be amazing. This is a new idea they are trying, and may use on other ships if successful.

I too am very interested in the Liberty drydock changes as I am cruising her (for the 2nd time) next January.

I have already heard about the Serenity area and typical maintenance that needs to be done, but it would be quite exciting if something new and never before seen was added to the Liberty! :D:D

The new Serenity area will be a completely new design. Adults only strictly enforced as it will be tops optional. Plush tanning areas, one hot tub but also one small chilled pool. It should be amazing. This is a new idea they are trying, and may use on other ships if successful.

Are you pulling our legs?:p:D I don't think Carnival will go back to funnel deck-type "stuff." Where would they put this area? If they copy the one they put on Glory there really isn't too much room for a small pool.

Ok - my sheer speculation for silliness is they are going to put the Skywalkers lounge they just removed from the Grand Princess right behind the the whale tail on her. Then Liberty will be the only CCL ship sporting a spoiler.:D

Golly forgot about Skywalkers lounge that made the ship look like a large Shopping Cart. Marvelous!

Ummmm.....yeah....so that when little Justin and Caitlin come looking for mommy and daddy.....OMG....whoops, EVERYBODY COVER UP QUICK!!! :o:eek::D

I don't know what you've been smoking, but I'd be grateful if you shared...

And just WHY can't he release any details? :rolleyes:

John is playing the teaser again. I understand that's part of his job description, but it really serves no purpose. Just a waste of typed words... let us know, when you KNOW something!

(methinks that some of the hull will be replaced with GLASS PANELS for your viewing pleasure)! :D

Tom

Archived