hilton in buenos aires.

burtshell

please forward any comments regarding the hilton in buenos aires. are there any restaurants for breakfast nearby?

for about the same price we could book the marriott in buenos aires.

what would you do?

thanks

burtshell

Hi -

We recently stayed at the Hilton in Buenos Aires (Feb. 21-24, 2007) and we enjoyed our stay.

We were HiltonHonors Gold and they provided both of us with a free breakfast buffet in the first floor restaurant every morning. They normally charge $14. pp for it. It's a very good breakfast (custom omelets, bacon, sausage, juices, rolls), but I would not want to pay $14. Try to get it included in your room price.

Our room was very spacious and the bathroom was extremely large. It included a bidet. Important note: if your room overlooks the front of the hotel, it will be noisier than if it is on the side of the hotel. However, we were on a high floor so the noise was minimized. The pool is on the roof and it is very nice. However, their food & drink prices are outlandishly high.

Internet service is available in the biz center, and you get 15 free minutes ea. day, which is enough to check email.

Do not take the cruiseline's hotel-to-ship transfers. It will only cost $10 Argentine dollars to go to the ship ... that's $3.33 in U.S. dollars. And it is so fast. Just ask the bellcap to hail you a taxi at the front of the hotel. We got there in 6 minutes and we boarded the ship in 7 minutes. Amazing.

The Hilton in B.A. is located in the ultra-modern new port area. It is a trendy part of town and an easy walk across the bridge to many restaurants. If you enjoy walking, you can walk to Florida St. for shopping. My spouse and I both have foot problems, so we hopped a taxi for the ride to the shopping district.

Hope this helps.

Liz

(oh my gosh, we do not have another cruise booked yet!!)

• 4 weeks later...

Marriott is right at the end of Florida street. Unlike the Hilton, the Marriott was built at least 50+ years ago. The hotel is in fine condition and in a great location. We got upgraded to a suite in the Marriott which was very nice - on Marriott points no less! The Marriott is in a more urban location and thus doesn't have as many view rooms. Puerto Madero - location of Hilton - is also great, but not quite as centrally located. Puerto Madero does have quite a number of places to eat and is quite clean. Both are fine choices.

Archived