Black/White, International & Masqurade Ball query

gnorris51

Whilst I agree with the comment regarding stability, (possibly more important on a TA than a Med. cruise), the cabins forward of the Butler's Pantry are somewhat wider and have a deeper balcony - a distinct advantage when having lunch served on the balcony.

Our favourite is 8010, as the downward view from the balcony is less obstructed due to it being over a gap in the lifeboats below.

David

guy in the RED bow tie. WING COLLAR. looks good.

Angela,

We're talking about degrees of excellence here - and really the "Signal Deck Experience" is one that depends more on the staff than the cabins - nice though they are.

I loved 8018 for my crossing in January, and would travel in it with great enthusiasm again.

Did I understand right? This is for the January 6th 2008 TA?

Matthew

First, I was being silly with the "make do". Of course it will be wonderful! It's something we talk about almost daily and just this afternoon Paulie was looking thru the QE2 deck plans.

Second, no, not 6th January 2008. That one is set, and it's on the Mary, with the children, and we'll see you in NYC on the 13th. It's after that. Just Paulie and me. A crossing sometime say, later in the year. Is that possible? We don't get adverts for QE2 crossings here the way you do. Besides, I would expect the 6th January crossing is either near or sold out on her.

guy in the RED bow tie. WING COLLAR. looks good.

lol. You're so funny. AND consistent. I wouldn't be surprised that the next time you all sail together everyone isn't following your fashion sense. You will convert them all! ;)

First, I was being silly with the "make do". Of course it will be wonderful! It's something we talk about almost daily and just this afternoon Paulie was looking thru the QE2 deck plans.

Second, no, not 6th January 2008. That one is set, and it's on the Mary, with the children, and we'll see you in NYC on the 13th. It's after that. Just Paulie and me. A crossing sometime say, later in the year. Is that possible? We don't get adverts for QE2 crossings here the way you do. Besides, I would expect the 6th January crossing is either near or sold out on her.

The only other crossing with Queen Elizabeth 2 is the eastbound on 12 April.

Other than that, there should be a westbound at the beginning of 2009.

Matthew

The only other crossing with Queen Elizabeth 2 is the eastbound on 12 April.

Other than that, there should be a westbound at the beginning of 2009.

Matthew

:( I am really hoping for the Westbound. We can wait until 2009, if need be. So long to wait, but if that's what it is...:( ..Ok. Just say when. :)

PS: Babette said elsewhere the Tandems (both) are essentially sold out. We will have to plan forward.

I'm with Jeanne on the balls. I don't particularly go to the ballls themselves, though I generally make an appearance.

And we are in Britannia on QM2, generally, so don't have to worry about people wandering in to dine any old time they damn well please (cheeky little things. don't they know about being polite to others? And not just doing what pleases THEM?<G>) on the late sitting.

I am a firmly believer that, silly or not, you'll have a lot more fun on board if you participate in the offerings instead of pooh-poohing them and believing they are beneath your dignity. I find for those who feel it to be beneath their dignity, they generally have none to begin with, so it is of no matter! <G>

We half-made, half bought our masks. Got some beautiful feather mardi-gras type masks and added neon wire! Even the Commodore's wife borrowed one as it matched her dress!

Be careful though. I have NEVER known the Black and White to be informal. It is usually held the night of the Captains Formal cocktail party!

Karie,

who got into the video in hers and Marc's costumes on Pirate Ball night!

Oh my goodness, for a dancer or anyone who just loves to ballroom dance the Queens Room feels like you have died and gone to heaven! We were only on the ship 15 minutes before we found our way to the ballroom, just to get a sneak preview... Incredible, exceeded our every expectation.

It is true, unless you seek the balls out, you would not know they are going on and there are many other entertainment options.. For us we were there every night and had a wonderful dancing time. Towards the end of our short cruise, we had fun with the dancing theme and had the photographer take a few dance pose pictures.... Here is one of my favorites.

We had disappointments on this cruise that we had just not anticipated. Maybe I set my expectations a bit to high... The Queens Room however did not and cannot disappoint.

qm2FUN.jpg.7cc0fbb8b01410b883109688dc31d9a2.jpg

When we took the inagural South American cruise on the QM2, they labeled one of the formal nights as International Night. No advance warning about it. But I happened to have a pretty lavender and silver silk shawl from India, so I wore that as a wrap with my black formal dress, to give the outfit an international touch. Other people had beautiful formalwear from their home countries. So you may see people dressed along the lines of an international theme. If you have something appropriate from a different country, even if it's just an accessory, it might be a nice time to wear it.

SD!

Lovely picture. My, you both do very well at whatever that move is called!

He is obviously strong (and your trust implicit!) And your balance is incredible! Especially to just pose that and not within the fluidity of a dance~!

Well, Marc and I are thinking (assuming they allow spectators) we may make a weekend of the October competition and stay at the Marriott. I assume it doesn't completely fill this early with competitors.

I'm waiting to hear what did not live up to your expectations, and do hope that they were an anomaly. I'm sorry that it wasn't absolutely exquisite.

Maybe another try will get things right! I certainly do hope so!

Karie,

who does love Cunard!

LOL Karrie... I always make the best of a bad situation!! One evening sitting in the Chart Room enjoying the quartet (my new favorite place in the world) I saw that white canvas go up. Sent Nick off to the gift shop to find a Black shirt for a pose.... (If you squint your eyes you will see the QM2 logo on Nick's shirt)

Meanwhile I discovered a new drink... What do they call it Majoto??? (SP) The drink with fresh mint in it.... Had one, we were ready..... What a challenge to do a backbend on slippery white canvas, but I so wanted to do this fun picture..... So I took my shoes off, said to Nick....ready, don't let go! and I just did a mini backbend...... Flash, the photographer was great, the minute I hit that line he took the picture.

Later we loved the picture so much we had it put on canvas to bring home to frame. If you have never tired thoes "anything goes" poses, you must, was great fun!

Meanwhile I discovered a new drink... What do they call it Majoto??? (SP) The drink with fresh mint in it

Oh no, now I'm in trouble. If they make good mojitos onboard the QM2... might even catch me dancing.

Oh no, now I'm in trouble. If they make good mojitos onboard the QM2... might even catch me dancing.

Our first QM2 cruise, our CC: gathering was in the Chart Room (*before I discovered the Commodore!) The bartender there made some of the best Mojitos I have ever had. LOTS of fresh mint!

and I am a mojito connoisseur! Marc makes them fresh for me every night. Muddles the lime and the FRESH mint growing on our deck. Adds Marti Ron de licor. A small amount of simple syrup and a splash of soda or tonic.

Funny, this same conversation came up n another group I am in (parrotheads) and I just posted a whole lot on it- with our recipe and where to find muddlers and such!

http://www.beerliquors.com/buy/rum/mojito.htm

http://www.thefoodsection.com/foodsection/2003/08/mojito.html

And SD, Great opportunities should not be missed! Graet shot!

Karie,

whose sweet baboo just got home to make her her evening mojito!

Our first QM2 cruise, our CC: gathering was in the Chart Room (*before I discovered the Commodore!) The bartender there made some of the best Mojitos I have ever had. LOTS of fresh mint!

and I am a mojito connoisseur! Marc makes them fresh for me every night. Muddles the lime and the FRESH mint growing on our deck. Adds Marti Ron de licor. A small amount of simple syrup and a splash of soda or tonic.

Thanks for the hint, Karie! Am hoping the Commodore's bartenders can do the same - though I'll make a trip to the Chart Room just to compare of course.

QM2 here I come! Get the mint ready (and you'd better have some left over after this week's sailing :-x )

Smoothdancer, if you happen to spot this, could you tell me whether they do any modern sequence dancing in the evenings in the ballroom?

I'm hoping not, but I just want to check whether I need to learn any sequence dances before our cruise.

Archived