Internet Packages On Princess

:confused: Why the mad face?

Internet prices are posted on board in the Internet Cafes. I’m not sure of the exact prices, but I do know that $100 buys you 250 minutes – which equates to about $.40 per minute. This is substantially less than the non-package price of $.75 per minute. So the packages do offer a better value.

I believe there are two smaller packages available – both equate to less than the $.75 per minute, but the larger the package the more you save. Since I wasn’t interested in the smaller packages, I didn’t note the price.

In addition, just about every port of call has internet cafes within walking distance of the ship (ask a crew member, but don’t show them the mad face) with prices substantially less than even the $.40 per minute the largest on board package will buy you.

I found our price right away too, it just takes a little searching is all.

On the Sapphire Princess it is about .35 cents a minute I think. I read somewhere though that regardless the ship, you need to remember it is not high speed internet and those minutes get eaten up very quickly.

Hope that helps =)

Last year on the Sapphire I would check and send e-mail at least once a day and sometimes twice with my laptop and my total bill for internet usage was only about $7.00. With your own laptop you can grab your mail and read and compose offline and only have to log on to send and recv.

Last year on the Sapphire I would check and send e-mail at least once a day and sometimes twice with my laptop and my total bill for internet usage was only about $7.00. With your own laptop you can grab your mail and read and compose offline and only have to log on to send and recv.

I second that - if you have a laptop with a wireless card it can save you some major $$$ compared to the computers in the internet cafe.

I found our price right away too, it just takes a little searching is all.

On the Sapphire Princess it is about .35 cents a minute I think. I read somewhere though that regardless the ship, you need to remember it is not high speed internet and those minutes get eaten up very quickly.

Hope that helps =)

I don't know when you sailed on the Sapphire, but the prices have gone way up recently. On the Diamond it was $.75/minute unless you bought packages of minutes. I think that the least expensive package was $75 for 150 minutes (And if you're Platinum Captain's Circle that would be your credit, but if you're using the wireless you can't use that credit:( ).

The service was slow, better in port, but who wants to be on the Internet while in port? Well, I was, but just for a couple of minutes.:o

So to sum up, I can use packaged minutes with my laptop but then that package cost will not be reimbursed if I am a Platinum member??

Anyone know why that is (if I have it right)?

With your laptop you can use neither a package nor your Platinum credit. Laptop access is .50 a minute, every minute.

Archived