Dreaming of an Aft Cabin?

SailAway78

Four aft cabins are available for the September 29th Panama Canal cruise on Infinity sailing from San Francisco to Fort Lauderdale. One is CC 7206 and the others are FV staterooms 8183, 8168 and 9156 (on the corner).

Here's the link to see the pictures of the aft cabins:

Four aft cabins are available for the September 29th Panama Canal cruise on Infinity sailing from San Francisco to Fort Lauderdale. One is CC 7206 and the others are FV staterooms 8183, 8168 and 9156 (on the corner).

Here's the link to see the pictures of the aft cabins:

These are some great pics!! The FV rooms look awesome. But let me ask your input on this. I am traveling in a CC cabin on Millie, and we are the cabin that precedes the FV cabins. We are just two adults looking for a little serenity this time. Do you think this back portion of the ship, where the FV rooms are, would be a bit more lively with families with little ones than we are expecting? Our balcony is adjacent to a FV one. I'm wondering if our CC cabins proximity to FV might be a bad fit this go round. Cheers!!:)

ATLfuzzy:

If it were me, I'd stick with the Aft CC. Last year we spent 7 days on in a regular CC room in Alaska, next to a family with one teen and a pre-teen and they were the loudest family we had ever roomed next to - loud music, kids chasing each other to the balcony and back. This year we were in FV 7202 on Millie in April next to a family with two boys, about 8 and 10. Again, I was awakened by fighting children, and a lot of horseplay (everytime we saw them out and about we referred to the children as "Screech") but the most annoying thing was the couple above us kept slamming their balcony door. There's no way to know who will be next to you, no matter where you are (of course I'm sure deck 6 is rather quite), so keep what you have and hope for the best.

ATLfuzzy:

"There's no way to know who will be next to you, no matter where you are..." as Calkat stated. My previous experience in a corner FV cabin was fabulous especially to view the Norwegian Fjords with lovely aft cabin neighbors. Enjoy your cruise and the wonderful stateroom.

We have sailed in 7212 aft CC and it was great. :)

We have 7212 on our December, 2008 Connie sailing, really looking forward to the balcony. Do you have any pictures you can share? My email address is in my signature. Thanks

Marilyn - Lucky you!:)

I do not have pictures to post, but can help you to a website that does.

First though, we sailed in 7212 and it is a handicapped room. Thus, it is about 3 feet wider than the other aft CC cabins. Secondly, since you are on deck 7, you will have a HUGE balcony! On our Panama Canal trip in 2006, we had 5 other cabins (10 other people come over) and still had plenty of room.

Now to the website:

1) go to cruiseclues.com

2) select from the list on ships on the left 'Infinity' ( same class ship)

3) scroll down if needed and select 'staterooms'

4) select 'Infinity Personal Cruise Website'

5) choose 'geocities mahdnc cabinpix.html'

6) choose '7212' and I would also look at some of the other pics!

7) Enjoy the VIEW!:)

We've also had aft cabins that were absolutely the best. 7203 on the Summit and a multiple of afts on RCL. Correct, it's the luck of the people next to you but so far we have had really good luck with ours.

On the first evening of one of our RCL cruises all we heard was little voices screeching and I was expecting the worst. We never heard the voices again and it was a fantastic aft cruise.

Marilyn - Lucky you!:)

I do not have pictures to post, but can help you to a website that does.

First though, we sailed in 7212 and it is a handicapped room. Thus, it is about 3 feet wider than the other aft CC cabins. Secondly, since you are on deck 7, you will have a HUGE balcony! On our Panama Canal trip in 2006, we had 5 other cabins (10 other people come over) and still had plenty of room.

Now to the website:

1) go to cruiseclues.com

2) select from the list on ships on the left 'Infinity' ( same class ship)

3) scroll down if needed and select 'staterooms'

4) select 'Infinity Personal Cruise Website'

5) choose 'geocities mahdnc cabinpix.html'

6) choose '7212' and I would also look at some of the other pics!

7) Enjoy the VIEW!:)

Here is the link to the cabin pictures Shipshape Sam mentioned:

http://www.geocities.com/mahdnc/Cabinpix.html

Thanks for the info!! Wish we had an aft this next trip in December but I guess I'll have to wait a year to enjoy it.

I am not sure. Cruise lines typically hold handicap access rooms till closer to sailing, but they do release them as they did to us over a year out from the sailing.

As to taking away, I am not sure one could ever say yes or no. I am sure that if there is a need, they may approach you and even offer some OBC's as an enducemnt to help out another passenger.

Our friends were in 7203 and it is a great cabin also. Just a little smaller and it does not have some of the handicap access features. You will enjoy the very large balcony! We also enjoyed the viewing of the wake and less wind.

M & M Cruzers,

Keep monitoring the website in case aft cabins open up so you can change your stateroom. It's how I lucked out on a corner aft cabin for a British Isles/Norwegian Fjords cruise.

Amazingly, the four aft cabins I posted earlier for Infinity sailing 9/29/07 from San Francisco to Ft. Lauderdale are still available.

M & M Cruzers,

Keep monitoring the website in case aft cabins open up so you can change your stateroom. It's how I lucked out on a corner aft cabin for a British Isles/Norwegian Fjords cruise.

Amazingly, the four aft cabins I posted earlier for Infinity sailing 9/29/07 from San Francisco to Ft. Lauderdale are still available.

For sure, we check with X all of the time on the aft cabins. I travel with a scooter and manual wheelchair so we do need the accessible cabin and have one port side on the penthouse deck for our cruise this December. Since there are only 3 accessible staterooms on the aft, they go very fast and we were very surprised and pleased that we could get 7212 for December '08.

bilabell, I don't think I have to worry about losing the accessible stateroom since I had to send in proof to Celebrity's special needs dept. of the equipment I would be traveling with along with any other medical needs or requirements. This is a brand new requirement with Celebrity and they won't complete a reservation for an accessible stateroom until they receive this information for each and every booking.

I don't know what their new policy will be on releasing accessible staterooms to AB passengers as the date of sailings gets closer but I do give Celebrity's management credit for attempting to put this new policy/requirement into place.

Archived