canadian border crossings

quiller7

hi

now that there have been several weeks of cruises to alaska, i was wondering how the border crossing into canada from skagway is being handled. are peoples passports being checked for criminal indiscretions.

do you have to show a passport or will a drivers license and or birth certificate suffice. has anyone been turned back at the border.

same question for getting off the ship in victoria.

Nope its fine. We were there 3 weeks ago. You go through US Homeland security when you leave Vancouver and that covers you until you get back. We had an extra long wait in the terminal in Vancouver because we were "other" - not US or Canadian nationals but everybody else just flew through. - Mummsie :D

My passport was scanned by both the US and Canadian border. Which I assume so anyway, since they took it inside?? So don't know if that is putting up the red flag??

It's just that they see you so often they figure you must be running drugs or something :D

Murray

It's just that they see you so often they figure you must be running drugs or something :D

Murray

OH OK- Thanks for clueing me in Murray!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

It's funny- well maybe not?? I was "detained" last summer in Grand Marais, Minnesota doing my Lake Superior Circle tour. Yes, I was hauled inside, asked all kinds of questions- where I worked- specifically, all my Canada past trips, etc. (had 2 crossings just getting to Michigan, then several at St. Sault Marie. Well, I forgot, going into BC. via Fraiser, (I had told them Vancouver) and they KNEW it and mentioned it.

Archived