Make a 9:30pm flight out of Buenos Aires?

rocket scientist

We are planning to sail to Antartica on Orient Lines Marco Polo January 2008. There is a post cruise tour to Tierra de Fuego National Park (NP) in Ushuaia. Approximately what time will we return to Buenos Aires on the day of the NP tour? I want to book my airline tickets and need to know if I could make a 9:30pm flight out of Buenos Aires. The alternative is to stay another day in Buenos Aires. Any comments?

I would check with the cruise line to find out when the tour ends. Seems like you are talking about a long day to get all the way back to Buenos Aires from Ushuaia. I would get more specifics on this.

Most of the flights back to the US leave Buenos Aires around that hour so the airport gets very crowded in the evening. I would recommend getting to the airport by 6:00 PM for that flight. The lines can be long. You will first get on a line for at the ticket counter that is where security will ask you some questions and then you will get your boarding tickets and check in your luggage. You will then need to get on another line to pay your airport exit fee and then you will get in another line for security and then likely get on one other line for security again. So, it can be a long process with many lines.

Keith

• 2 weeks later...
You will then need to get on another line to pay your airport exit fee and then you will get in another line for security and then likely get on one other line for security again. So, it can be a long process with many lines.

Keith

Do you have to pay the exit fee in Pesos? Can you use a credit card? About how much is it? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived