Clear me up please, smart casual, formal, casual

Please help me!!! I leave Friday on Vision. I have one dressy dress, and a dressy pant suit, do I need more dress clothes for this trip???????? I assumed that there will be one or two formal nights and one 'smart casual', but what is smart casual for a lady??????? Hope someone can clear me up really fast. By the way we are going to Alaska.:eek:

On our smart casual days, I wore a dressy pair of pants and a dressy blouse. Most people worse the same stuff as they did on the regular casual days, you really didn't see that much of a differance. If you have an outfit that is casual, but a little more dressier than your other outfits, just wear that on the smart casual day and you will be fine.

We went on Vision to Alaska some years ago. I dressed "neatly" on smart casual evenings (meaning a sweater set and dress pants, which I'm sure you have), and wore my formal wear on formal nights. The casual nights are an opportunity to wear your dress pants if you want, capris, cropped pants and a nice top - just not jeans, is what they suggest.

I'm sure you have more than enough clothing in your wardrobe to accomodate the different evenings. Please don't feel stressed about having to have more dressy clothes for the smart casual nights - it's just not something to worry about. Take along a few items to mix and match, and you'll be great.

Have fun. Alaska is beautiful - you'll have a great time. :)

~Karen

You can make any casual outfit a bit "smarter" by wearing fancier heels, a dressier purse, jewelry, etc... On "Smart Casual" nights, I usually wear nice capris (nothing with pockets on the legs, snaps, ties--too casual)) with dress heels, and a sleek top. Jewelry tops this off! (I tend to dress "smart casual for all evenings--hey--I like to look good!) On formal nights, I wear an evening gown or a really nice cocktail dress. Again, shoes make the outfit!

Don't stress over your wardrobe--wear what fits and looks good on you. You won't know any of the other folks--and you'll probably never see them again! (Most of them, you will only see on the ship one time!!!! It's amazing how so many people can be on one vessel, and never know the other is there!) It's your vacation--not a fashion show!

I agree about not stressing out about what to wear. Most people are so caught up about how they look that they don't even notice other people. My first cruise will be Thanksgiving, Vision Of The Seas. I know that I'm not an expert about cruising but, I just figure that it will be the same as going to a fancy restaurant on land.

Bonnie

Archived