Which Hotels in Vancouver?

janer51

We are arriving in Vancouver the night before our Cruise to Alaska on Aug 18th. Our TA gave us the choice of staying at the Weston Bayshore, the Four seasons or the Sutton Place. We have never been to Vancouver and would like to experience as much of the city as we can. From what I have read so far the Weston is in a very nice location, while the other two are downtown. Is the downtown area easily accessable from the Weston.

Also it sounds as if the Trolly is a great way to get around town.

Thanks for the info

The Bayshore is a little west of the downtown core, but it is adjacent to Stanley Park, and a short walk south to Robson St. The views can be awesome if you get a view of the North Shore Mountains. You can't go wrong at the Bayshore.;) If you are a walker, you can easily head into downtown from there - it is completely doable. Enjoy your stay in Vancouver!

We stayed at the Westin Bayshore for 5 nights in 2003, and will return there 1 night pre-cruise this Sunday. I loved the location and the views. It is also a short walk to Denman Street, where there are a lot of restaurants.

Has anyone ever stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suite on Robson St.? Imput would be appreciated. Trip Advisor give it high ratings.:)

We too are now searching for the perfect pre cruise hotel in Vancouver. I also saw that the Hampton Inn & Suites got rave reviews. I guess finding a nice hotel for less than $150 a night is a joke. Seems they are all very high especially during cruise season. Ugh!

We are looking for a nice hotel...not a Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton, but not a Motel 6 either. Any suggestions. We don't want to have to rent a car while in Vancouver so anything within walking distance to shops and restaurants would be nice.

Suggestions?

Thanks! :)

southwardbound,

we stayed in the Hampton Inn on Robson St. last June. Very nice place convenient to Robson Street shopping, walking to Chinatown and lots of restaurants. we got a free shuttle ride to the cruise pier (had to make a reservation) and were dropped off right at the ship. we also had a free breakfast so overall it was a good place to stay. nice clean room also.

we stayed at the Hampton Inn on Robson on the 17th of last month--room was very nice---the breakfast was very good and included hot items as well as cold and the free shuttle to the pier was very handy

we'd do it again in a heartbeat

Paul

in 2004, my parents and i stayed at the fairmont waterfront across from canada place. it was expensive ($250), but well worth the money. we had a view of the ships as they came in and they took our luggage to the ship (ncl star). i would highly recommend this hotel.

Nothing can beat the harbor views of the downtown waterfront. We walked easily anywhere we wanted and enjoyed bicycling Stanley Park as well. Downtown hotels looked nice as we passed but the waterfront was more serene. We got a great deal at Pan Pacific but don't know if it's still running. I liked being near the docks to watch the ships come and go. If you are not the adventuous type stay downtown and you'll have most things at your fingertips. We enjoyed getting out and exploring.

Ok we decieded to keep our money for the cruise and we are all coming in the day before late. We are staying at the Coast Vancouver Airport.

Shuttle from the airport, Sparlking Wine and Chocolates, Canadain Breakfast and shuttle to the cruise ship for $148. We will see how it is.:confused:

Archived