The croc flip flops are the bomb!!

For anyone who has crocs flip flop - did you order your normal shoe size? I have heard some Crocs run a little large?

Per his request I got my son a pair of Crocs flip flops (for shower shoes and etc) and got his regular size. He loves them so in the Croc world the flip flop is normal size.

I have them and love them! Have gotten many compliments. I ordered mine from Nordstrom about 3 months ago when they were offering free shipping. It pays to look around.

I picked up a pair of black/lavendar Cleos at a Macys this past Sunday. I like them very much. But I like the big ugly ones, too. <g>

Dillards had all sorts of crocs. The originals, the flip flops, the ballet slippers, and I believe they had some that were just a strap across the top.

There were two kinds of flip flops. The mens/womens ones I didn't really like the way they looked. The top was very triangular:

http://shop.crocs.com/pc-14-4-athens.aspx?reqid=14&reqProdTypeId=41p&subsectionname=footwear&section=products

The ones I thought were SO comfy and pretty decent looking, that I almost got but I wanted to price shop around first:

http://shop.crocs.com/pc-107-4-ithaca.aspx?reqid=107&reqProdTypeId=41p&subsectionname=footwear&section=products

Dillards had all sorts of crocs. The originals, the flip flops, the ballet slippers, and I believe they had some that were just a strap across the top.

There were two kinds of flip flops. The mens/womens ones I didn't really like the way they looked. The top was very triangular:

http://shop.crocs.com/pc-14-4-athens.aspx?reqid=14&reqProdTypeId=41p&subsectionname=footwear&section=products

The ones I thought were SO comfy and pretty decent looking, that I almost got but I wanted to price shop around first:

http://shop.crocs.com/pc-107-4-ithaca.aspx?reqid=107&reqProdTypeId=41p&subsectionname=footwear&section=products

These are the ones I just got in black/lavendar. They're good.

http://shop.crocs.com/pc-110-4-cleo.aspx?reqid=110&reqProdTypeId=41p&subsectionname=footwear&section=products

I just ordered a flip-flop style called Capri. It has the Croc bottom and the top is a microfiber. I can't wait til they get here. I have tried on so many pairs of Cros and the mediums are too small for my foot with the flexible arch and the large are way too big. This style came in whole sizes, not S-M-L, so I am hoping that they will fit. I prefer flip flops over just about any sandal in the summer.

As for boating, I see a lot of folks wearing Crocs at our marina. I intend to wear mine on our boat.

I totally agree. I bought two pair last summer, and love them. They make great garden shoes.....just hose them off. I also use them on our boat. (they float) I do not own any other crocs....I think they are ugly. The flip flops are cool and comfortable.:)

I've tried the crocs flops...and they just don't fit my foot right. The most comfy flops I've ever worn are my Reef Fannings. And I'd never ever have guessed that the church key on the bottom would come in handy, but it did this weekend!! :p

I have really big feet, and that style makes them look bigger. hehe - I have to stick with flip flops to not look like bozo.

Know what? You're right! I have pretty small feet and somehow they make my feet look kind of fat. Not so much a problem for me but...

Never mind! Another style for you. :p

I would LOVE smaller feet, but I think I would fall over if my feet were any smaller. I'm pretty tall. I have to really be careful of my style of footwear. I can't wear chucks because they make my feet look long (and I think they are so cute).

I would LOVE smaller feet, but I think I would fall over if my feet were any smaller. I'm pretty tall. I have to really be careful of my style of footwear. I can't wear chucks because they make my feet look long (and I think they are so cute).

I wouldn't mind bigger feet if it meant I could be taller. :p It's nice how proportions work out so well, yes?

Chucks? Need pix, please.

I have been a huge Croc fan for years. I have several pairs and wear them year around. Winter.....closed Crocs with warm socks, jeans and tees. Summer.....the Beach or Caymans are great for cruising, boating, gardening, or just wearing with shorts or casual capris. I also take my closed Crocs to Alaska - perfect for the weather there. I have worn so many types of "good" shoes (translates to expensive), but have never had foot aches and pains wearing Crocs. Crocs come in so many styles, from flip flops to boots, to all terrain, to styles for the medical profession, to beach, and casual such as Mary Jane Crocs or ballet Crocs. You can get them in Pirates of Caribbean print or Mickey Mouse, as well as so many colors and now a "marbelized - tie-dye look". The children's collection is great, with a new style that is the traditional Croc, but with a neoprene upper to keep it on......looks great in the camoflage for the little boys. Called "Crocadillas". Kids also come in Mickey Mouse as well as Pirates. I have bought mine at Hallmark, Dillards and mostly on line. Right now they have a free shipping coupon and their service is great. Wish I had bought stock in Crocs. :D gg

Oh, THOSE Chucks! Silly me. But you see, I didn't expect it to be them on this message board, if you know what I mean. ;)

I was just using an example of yet another shoe that I can't wear because of my huge feet!

After reading this board I headed to the web site to check out the Crocs. The description of the Ithica flip flop sold me: double padded heel, so I headed to Dick's Sporting Goods to try them on. LOVE THEM right off the hook they were comfortable and I am crazy about them.

Also on the web site I saw the Sassari model (two tone wedge). Found those today at Dillards and ... you guessed it they are now sitting in my closet. I'm not a big fan of the original closed toe Crocs but then again I haven't tried them on. My next purchase is either the Cleo or the Patra.

Living at the beach I wear sandals nearly all year long. Trying these has been a boon to my comfort level but a pain in the pocket book LOL.

Has anyone actually ordered from crocs.com? I've read on other boards that thye are really, really slow. Is that still true? I want to order a pair for my cruise in two weeks, and zappos doesn't have what I want in stock.

Has anyone actually ordered from crocs.com? I've read on other boards that thye are really, really slow. Is that still true? I want to order a pair for my cruise in two weeks, and zappos doesn't have what I want in stock.

I have ordered from crocs.com many times and found their service to be first class. If you order right now, you should be able to get free shipping by entering the code: Spring07. Whoops, I just noticed my card said the promo was only valid until 5/31, but heh, you can try it and it may still be accepted. They have a superb web site, with so many styles. Their shipping dept. is very fast and I get my crocs within the week. gb

You use crocs boating? I'll take your word for it. But, must say I'm amazed you find they work well, or even at all. I see people slipping around alot in those type shoes. I've always thought that's why you see so many folk wearing white socks with them.

Just normal summer sweaty feet on rubber slide for me. Not to mention a marine environment with it's add'l moisture/humidity. The outsoles ridges' don't appear to be configured narrowly enough for quality traction on a moist boat deck either. I can't envison myself getting a good foot plant, jumping off a few feet to a dock and cleating our boat!??!!

I've got to have a sueded footbed and narrow wavy outsoles (topsider-type) to be secure enough/ensure maximum traction to handle the lines and our boat well.

For this ole' gal a selling point for a boat shoe would't be that it floats! That would mean I'm expecting to fall in the drink? Not good.

:rolleyes:Martha

Honestly, they work for me on the boat. I usually kick them off and go bare foot once I'm on board. That is the reason I stated they would float....they are so light weight, they could blow out of the boat. I have never fallen in...........yet.

Last year on our stop to Antigua, we booked a private boat tour, and the whole crew were wearing crocs. I see many at our marina.

I'm not trying to sell crocs......just agreeing with the OP that I like them and why.

I've got to have a sueded footbed and narrow wavy outsoles (topsider-type) to be secure enough/ensure maximum traction to handle the lines and our boat well.

For this ole' gal a selling point for a boat shoe would't be that it floats! That would mean I'm expecting to fall in the drink? Not good.

:rolleyes:Martha

I agree but I mostly boat (I'm a sailor) barefooted unless I'm on a fishing boat and then I wear Rainbow flipflops. Even in the winter I'm in my Rainbows.

They are the most comfortable flipflops ever made and worth every penny.

I agree with the OP, I got my Athens a couple weeks ago, and I think that they are even more comfortable than my caymans!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I found the sizing chart that you can print from the website is very accurate. I ordered from the crocs webite, and was very satisfied with the transaction.

MAC

I bought the sea foam Ithica flops today (I really wanted the Capri, but they didn't have them at Dick's and they are sold out of the color I want on the website). I like the way they look better than the Athens. But will I get used to the thing between the toes? I'm a flip flop wearer, but most of my flip flops have very thin or cloth thing between the toes. This is harder and thicker, and it feels uncomfortable. I hope I get used to it.. the shoe itself is comfortable, though!

I bought the sea foam Ithica flops today (I really wanted the Capri, but they didn't have them at Dick's and they are sold out of the color I want on the website). I like the way they look better than the Athens. But will I get used to the thing between the toes? I'm a flip flop wearer, but most of my flip flops have very thin or cloth thing between the toes. This is harder and thicker, and it feels uncomfortable. I hope I get used to it.. the shoe itself is comfortable, though!

Wish they would have had these styles when I bought my Athens. Athens is very wide (I have narrow feet), and I had to purchase one size smaller. The Ithica and Capri are definitely made for a woman's more narrow foot bed. Oh well, guess I will just have to shop for more......lol.

Okay, okay, are you happy? I finally broke down today and went out and bought a pair of Athens for myself. After reading all about them on this thread, I decided to try them out. I bought the pearl/orange combo, and had to buy a size smaller, as they seemed pretty big and wide. I've had them on about 4 hours now and they seem quite comfortable. Tomorrow is "Casual Friday" at school so I'm going to wear them with a pair of slacks and a twinset. Honestly, I wish I had more willpower! :eek:

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Archived