Bringing soda onboard

sira3

I have read hear that you can bring soda and water onboard. what is the best way to bring it on in your checked luggage or in your carryon. I am worried that it would spill on my clothes. thanks for the help.

This topic comes up quite often. Others have mentioned what has worked for them.

Personally, I would try to do carryon for soda to avoid the mess. Keep in mind that if you are flying, you can NOT take this in your carryon. It has to be checked.

As to water, many have indicated that the water on the ship is better than bottled water. Bring some empty bottles.

Assuming you will be picking up soda local to the pier, and not flying it from home, (how silly would THAT be), I would simply carry it on the ship.

Packing it in your luggage would mean it would have to be inspected by the liquor police, whereas while carrying it, they can look at it directly and send you on through :)

I sailed in April and brought soda and water on board. I do not have to fly to the pier so I did pack the soda in my suitcase. I packed the water in a seperate bag that I checked in also. I had absolutely no problems. I have heard however that the porters at the pier will not accept a case of soda or water with just a luggage tag on it. So best to find one bag to put it in. I have a rolling duffel bag and used that for the case of water that I purchased at Sam's Club. When we were done with the trip, I just packed that bag in my regular luggage and was one less bag for the train ride home.

We just came back from a cruise on the Sun on May 27th. We bought soda and water in Vancouver and packed it in a separate bag and had no problems at all. There are also many places to buy soda and water in the different Ports (Alaska). Enjoy your cruise.:)

My wife inisisted on bringing 6 pair of shoes, which 3-4 pairs couldn't fit in her suitcase. We decided to add an another small suitcase for her shoes but filled the rest with a case of coke and a case of bottled water. I'm very glad we decided to do this, since I'm not a big fan of fountain pop. We pre-purchased a 1.5 liter of rum ($40 + $3 service charge) for our room, so coke came in handy. Our room attendent filled our ice buckets everyday and my wife grabbed a glass full of lemon wedge from the garden cafe. Next time, I'm going to preorder vodka and pack ceaser mix (bloody mary for you americans).

T

Usually carry soda and water on but had a lot to handle this time so we wrapped the 6 pack bottles of soda together in a grocery bag and slapped a luggage tag on that and some cases of water and they all arrived safely at our cabin. :D

Hubby bought soda card and I had my root beer and water cold in the fridge in our cabin.

Archived