Weekly rental in Sydney

NANCYR2

Nancy,

We booked through discounthotels.com Make sure to find a place that does not charge you for parking. Some of the places want $20 -$24/day for parking!! We tried to get something through our Fairfield Vacation Club but it was just about impossible. You can e-mail me at rolngstn2@comcast.net The apt we are staying at only charges $50 more to upgrade to a 2 bedroom.

Nancy

Has anyone had experience with renting an apt in Sydney?

My recommendation is Harbourside apartments (they are also on the sydneyservicedapartments.net site).

Great location & views, on the waterfront on the North Sydney side of the bridge at Macmahons Point.

Link

There is a Sydney Ferry wharf close by, giving a short ferry (or water taxi) ride into the city (circular quay). The new year fireworks pic is "borrowed" from their site, and was taken from these apartments.

There is also the opportunity to watch some of the cruise ships go by. Sydney Ports site (in our signature) has a full list of cruise ship traffic. Any of the ships that dock at Wharf 8 pass by very close to these apartments.

Cheers,

• 3 weeks later...

My suggestion would be the Meriton Apartments in Bondi Junction (www.meritonapartments.com.au). They can be booked through other sites also.

Bondi Junction is east of the city and has many restaurants and shops, as well as a sprawling mall. It is a short bus ride away from a range of Eastern Suburbs beaches (Bondi, Tamarama, Coogee, Bronte, Clovelly) as well as the harbour beaches (Nielsen Park, Camp Cove). It is also on the train line to get into the city centre (in fact, Meriton Apartments are built on top of the train/bus interchange - but not noisy at all). To top it off, you get magnificent views of the most beautiful city in the world, being on top of a tall building on top of a hill.

We are from Sydney but live overseas - we stay here when we go 'home' and highly recommend it.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the information about the Meriton Apts. I contacted them, but they will not book an April rental until Sept/Oct. Rates will be released then.

We will have to wait til then.

NancyR2, we rented an apartment at the Meriton Pitt this past December. The apartment was very nice and it was convenient to transportation, shopping and dining.

How long did you rent the apartment? We stayed in Sydney (Darling Harbour location) for 6 days last Dec. Would care to give out the cost? How long did the train take to get into Sydney? We were thinking of taking a ride on the train, but didn't know enough about it to try.

Boards, we stayed 5 nights at the Meriton Pitt apartments. Because our stay was over the Christmas holiday, and we were rather late in booking, we had to take a 2-bedroom apt, which was $202AU per night. I thought that price was very reasonable when I booked and thought it was even more of a bargain once we saw the apartment. It was a large apartment, with 2 bedrooms(a king in one and 2 twins in the other) and 2 full baths. There was a nice-sized living room (with a sofa bed) and a large dining table, a nicely equipped kitchen and a washer/dryer.

We were just a block from the train station and the QVB. The train to Circular Quay was only about a 10-minute ride, if that. The public transit system in Sydney is fabulous and we used every bit of it; trains, ferries, buses and the monorail. It's very easy to get around, and both the transit employees and Sydneysiders are so helpful in assisting visitors in getting to their destinations. We also stopped by the Visitor's Information Center in The Rocks to pick up maps and get some touring advice. Loads of info available there.

Thank you rjscott for the information. We are thinking about going again and maybe not on a cruise. We got around Sydney very well from the Crown Plaza, did alot of walking, rode the ferry several times and took tours. It was great.

I note you are in Toledo, my once favourtie company was located there, Champion Spark Plug, 38 years in Canada.

Boards, yes, the loss of Champion Spark Plug was huge for Toledo. :( Where in Canada are you?

My husband was working for a month in Penrith, and then I went to join him for 2 wks of vacation. We spent 5 days in Sydney, then went to Parramatta for 2 nts to be closer to the animal parks. We then spent two nts in the Blue Mountains, which are definitely worth a visit. From there, we went to the coast, spending two nts in Bateman's Bay and one night in Kiama. The beaches along the coast are just beautiful! We ended with our last night near the airport for our flight out. The previous year, we had spent time in Adelaide and Kangaroo Island.

We are in Windsor, I had occasion to visit Toledo for 8 months after the plant closed in Windsor. Our visit to Sydney was on a HAL cruise of 14 days. We had two days in Auckland and then six days in Sydney. We went to the Blue Mountains and did a Hunter Valley Winde Tour. We also went on the ferry to the Zoo and then back to hotel in Darling Harbour. If we would have more time we would done more trips on the ferries. That was a great deal, 5 differents trips if you could have put them into one day. It was a great trip, one we will never forget.

Archived