Interested? Mariner - 06/21/2009 Group Cruise - Mexican Riviera

Woo Hoooooooooooooo!!!!

I am so excited! I will get the ball rolling with Laura and see if we can get some rates as soon as they come out.

Thanks sdcruiser!!! Your in!

INTERESTED:

Suziehmkr (us!) (1 cabin/3 people) + Friends from Idaho (1-2 cabins/5 people)

AdMaven (1 cabin (JS/4)

Mcarnett (1 cabin/3 people)

suzyluvs2cruise

zuscruiserz (2 cabins/4 people)

Family Man (2 cabins/4 people)

TexasAnn (1 cabin/2 adults)

Maren91 (1 cabin)

Kayred (2 cabins/4 people)

fierysand (1 cabin/2 people)

fungirl28 (1 cabin/1 person)

SLH (1 cabin/2 people)

mommykim (1 cabin)

sdcruiser (1 cabin/3 people)

I am pinching myself here! While I love the Monarch and will soon love Vision, the chance to sail the Mariner without having to spend 5-10 hours getting there across country and all the stress involved in that is just fabulous!

If DH loves the Vision cruise he will be eating his heart out because I am taking DD and the grandkids on the Mariner. He had his chance! :) I guess I should feel lucky he's going on Vision. I have been asking for 4 years and I think he just got tired of the same old same old excuse "I've been on more cruises .... " (USNavy aircraft carriers--he was an F14 RIO). I don't see how he can even compare the two but he'll find out in 4 months.

DD loves cruising and now we'll be able to enjoy it from a child's eyes!

I just got off the phone with RCCL and they aren't aware of it yet. I emailed the link to her and she is going to check into it for me - at least to find out when bookings will actually open. I will post this on the other thread for the West Coasters too.

Isn't this the coolest thing?! I ran around the house with the flyer trying to find my husband... I was whoopin' & hollerin! :)

Saw the flyer on the other thread a big WOOHOO!!!!! Definately interested...room for 2 please Tina.

I saw a couple of D1s with connecting interior staterooms and am interested in those versus paying for 4 in a JS. I would feel much more comfortable having the youngest in a non-balcony room that is connected. Daughter could sleep in there and grandson could sleep in the balcony room with me and we can open them up like a suite. If it is all a wash I would want a JS if 4 are allowed just to have the bathtub for the kiddies.

Went on VOS with just turned 4 year old granddaughter in April. I ended up with an E-1 with a promenade directly across. This worked out great and we got 2 bathrooms! I, like you, was worried about her with the balcony and I love to sleep with the sliding door open. She loved watching the people and parades from her cabin window. I wasn't sure she'd be old enough to remember but 2 months later she's still talking about HER ship, HER Adventure Ocean (which she actually called HER school) and HER pool well...you get the picture. It was a great trip!!

Saw the flyer on the other thread a big WOOHOO!!!!! Definately interested...room for 2 please Tina.

Great! You are now on the list..... Woo Hoo!

INTERESTED:

AdMaven (1 cabin (JS/4)

suzyluvs2cruise

Maren91 (1 cabin)

SLH (1 cabin/2 people)

mommykim (1 cabin)

njoyndride (1 cabin/2 people)

Most Excellent!! You have been added.

INTERESTED:

Suziehmkr (us!) (1 cabin/3 people)

AdMaven

suzyluvs2cruise (1cabin/2people)

Tina - thanks for putting this together :) You can add (1 cabin/2people) to suzyluvs2cruise.

RCI - thanks for listening. We West Coast Cruisers won't disappoint you. Just watch how fast we can fill a ship.

Went on VOS with just turned 4 year old granddaughter in April. I ended up with an E-1 with a promenade directly across. This worked out great and we got 2 bathrooms! I, like you, was worried about her with the balcony and I love to sleep with the sliding door open. She loved watching the people and parades from her cabin window. I wasn't sure she'd be old enough to remember but 2 months later she's still talking about HER ship, HER Adventure Ocean (which she actually called HER school) and HER pool well...you get the picture. It was a great trip!!

I have to keep this a secret from my 5YO grandson for quite awhile--otherwise he will be asking DD 10 times a day "How long until we ride the big ship?" I couldn't do that to her. :)

Hi Sue! Isn't this fantastic?

I have updated the list.

INTERESTED:

AdMaven (1 cabin (JS/4)

suzyluvs2cruise (1 cabin/2 people)

Maren91 (1 cabin)

SLH (1 cabin/2 people)

mommykim (1 cabin)

I have to keep this a secret from my 5YO grandson for quite awhile--otherwise he will be asking DD 10 times a day "How long until we ride the big ship?" I couldn't do that to her. :)

It's hard to do... but worth it. We have been keeping our holiday cruise a secret from our DD13 since we booked it! We have plans in the works (with the help of another CC member) so she won't find out until we see the ship!

And neither DH or DD know about the Monarch cruise for Easter. ;)

While mine are more out of surprise, yours is out of concern for your DD going nuts - it's fun either way! :)

We are very interested- One cabin, 2 adults, 2 kids! This is exciting news.

Welcome!!!! Hopefully we will get some pricing soon so everyone can start booking!

INTERESTED:

AdMaven (1 cabin (JS/4)

Maren91 (1 cabin)

SLH (1 cabin/2 people)

mommykim (1 cabin)

workmom2 (1 cabin/4 people)

I may be interested. Hopefully it'll be on the RCCL website tomorrow so I can check out prices. I wanted to do the Mexican Riviera in August '09 to celebrate my big 4-0, but it might be worth it to bump it up to June. I'll also have to see when our school district releases the 2008-09 calendar. There will be 4 of us, probably two rooms.

Janice

Welcome!!!! Hopefully we will get some pricing soon so everyone can start booking!

INTERESTED:

AdMaven (1 cabin (JS/4)

Maren91 (1 cabin)

SLH (1 cabin/2 people)

mommykim (1 cabin)

Tina, as someone new to CC, how does a CC cruise work? Do we book online with RCL or ???

I just got off the phone with RCCL and they aren't aware of it yet. I emailed the link to her and she is going to check into it for me - at least to find out when bookings will actually open. I will post this on the other thread for the West Coasters too.

Isn't this the coolest thing?! I ran around the house with the flyer trying to find my husband... I was whoopin' & hollerin! :)

Very interesting a few posts back you more or less told me to read the threads. Well I did read all of the threads and asked RCI about it and I got the same thing you did. (See your own Highlited comments) Now that flyer is indeed nice but then again anyone with a little programming sense can do that. As I have said all along when I see it in writing on the actual RCI web site I will believe it. So I think maybe you were a bit hasty in that earlier post. :p But anyway Congratulations are in order for the West coasters and I am not going to say anything more about this except I want on that list as well :D

Very interesting a few posts back you more or less told me to read the threads. Well I did read all of the threads and asked RCI about it and I got the same thing you did. (See your own Highlited comments) Now that flyer is indeed nice but then again anyone with a little programming sense can do that. As I have said all along when I see it in writing on the actual RCI web site I will believe it. So I think maybe you were a bit hasty in that earlier post. :p But anyway Congratulations are in order for the West coasters and I am not going to say anything more about this except I want on that list as well :D

:eek: :eek: Personally I vote you off the list.......due to bad attitude! No grumps allowed!!!

There will be 4 of us, probably two rooms.

Janice

Janice - I have you down. There is no committment at this time, so all is good. I hope you can join us.

Tina, as someone new to CC, how does a CC cruise work? Do we book online with RCL or ???

No problem... I have emailed Laura. She will get with the agencies and let us know which one. Once we get pricing, I will give you the contact info. You will book directly with the agency that handles the group. No worries - we will get everyone thru it.

I don't think I was a bit hasty at all... I was not suprised AT ALL that the agents didn't know about it. It had just been announced. It wasn't on the website. I called more to see if they knew WHEN bookings would open. Considering it was Sunday - I had no expectations - just excitement and curiosity. I simply came back and reported my phone call, maybe saving some time for others. It happens often. When bookings opened for Alaska last year, I knew the website would not be ready for my booking and I wanted a specific cabin. I simply got up at 5:00am to do it over the phone. Just realistic expectations.

And of course, I have added you to the list! :) It's all good! This announcement is worth celebration. :D This is going to be a ton of fun!

INTERESTED:

AdMaven (1 cabin (JS/4)

Maren91 (1 cabin)

SLH (1 cabin/2 people)

mommykim (1 cabin)

MomeeToEm (2 cabins/4 people)

dagadget (1 cabin)

Put us down as a possibility. We would need 2 cabins 1 DBL & 1 triple. DH has been wanting to do the Mex Riv. for awhile now. I guess I can be nice & let him pick out one cruise!!!:p

Great! You are on the list! Welcome!

INTERESTED:

AdMaven (1 cabin (JS/4)

Maren91 (1 cabin)

SLH (1 cabin/2 people)

mommykim (1 cabin)

MomeeToEm (2 cabins/4 people)

dagadget (1 cabin)

4me-itstheC (2 cabins/5 people)

Tina, do we have to book through the agency that will be set up for this group, or can we book it through anyone or direct with RCI? I read on some other post that bookings will begin on Wednesday. I don't want to miss not getting the cabin I want.

Mike

Mike - I am working on your answer - but all that I have read makes it look good. I can't wait until they release pricing and we can see what our ammenities will be... Have I mentioned that I am not a patient person?

Which thread did you read about it being on Wednesday? (Nevermind - found it!) I was up at 5:00am this morning, just in case and now I am very tired. :rolleyes:

Anyone want to start thinking of names?

West Coast Mariners

Mariner Madness on the Mexican Riviera

Ok - I admit, this is NOT something I am good at. Any other ideas? :p

Archived