Anyone else like to see a cruise stop at Cuba?

redneck_dan

I'm in agreement with Cruisedawg2001 & Nosnobunny. You know, it's like all the people who complain about, ridicule and condemn Carnival, when they've never even been on Carnival.. I've been on Carnival and been to Cuba several times and anyone who condemns or ridicules them, "Well".. The people of Cuba have suffered enough under Castro's hand, they don't need us kicking them in the teeth. Canada, France, Italy, Japan and the good ole' USA are all doing a big business there.. How else could you find Coke, Pepsi, Marlboro, lucky Strike, Del Monte, French's and other American products in their grocery stores, or ride in Fiats and other Japanese autos.. Yes, Cuba is poverty stricken, a dump/sewer, NO.. But getting even with Castro is not the answer. Ever hear of the Oil for Food Scandal? I think you've been watching too much CNN, the "Communist News Network"... "I've made my point knowing I'm going to get a lot of rocks thrown at me.'' So to those who would, I refer you to John 8:7.. Happy Cruising.. Bombero

Tef43, I wish I hadn't read your post calling it a sewage dump. I could call you many things right now that would get me kicked off every website in the world and some of them might be accurate. I will say that I think that your attitude is representative of what's wrong with our societies.

If we can trade with China, one of the most repressive dictatorships in the world, and even give them MOST FAVORED NATION STATUS, I don't understand why we can't trade with Cuba. Both countries would benefit. :o

As for Cuba's beauty . . . . . . well her beauty is almost legendary. Incredibly beautiful country, but wouldn't want to go there unless we can legally do so.

Habana is considered one of the most beautiful cities in the Caribbean. :)

I definitely would love to vsit Havana. When I was a college i had several profs who went and absolutely fell in love with the island. These are people that have traveled to many places and they said its beaches were beyond compare. The reason for their visit to the island was an economic conference where profs from other countries were also invited to attend. I too would someday like to go even if it is illegal. Please don't judge a country or its people without having been there to live their reality. happy Cruising to all!

I can't wait!!!! We actually booked an overnight excursion to Cuba the last time we were in Jamaica, but cancelled it at the last minute cuz we were having too much fun at our resort. It was costly to go, but I won't say no the next time. I know that SuperClubs is building more and more resorts there just waiting for Castro to kick the bucket and US to travel there. Since the Destiny doesn't dock anywhere in the mainland USA and it's not registered USA, I wonder why they don't visit Cuba???

The cruise ships call on Martinique, which enhances the French economy, and France is a bigger threat to us than some aging tinhorn despot.

What an interesting world view!! I'd really like to know how France, which has been our ally since the American Revolutionary War is a threat to us.

I assume the person who stated that is one of those American Jingoists who eat Freedom Fries and give their partners Freedom Kisses?

The U.S. should have ended the boycott of Cuba about two decades ago. It's an idiotic policy based on Cold War suppositions. We are the ONLY country in the NATO alliance still maintaining this policy, and in truth the ONLY reason is political, i.e; the President who reverses this policy is afraid of losing the votes of some Cuban Americans in Florida and New Jersey, two important electoral states.

I wonder how many votes the Democrats lost in Florida in the last election because of the correct policy of returning that little boy to his father.

We are boycotting a small island nation which poses NO THREAT militarily to the United States. On the other hand we are doing boffo business with CHINA, a nuclear power with over a billion people, still under communist control. Of course, without Guangdow province and their cheap labor manufacturing plants, you wouldn't be getting all of those terrific bargains at Walmart, Costco, BJ's etc. Next time you go into one of those stores take a look at where just about everything they sell is being made.

If you're so concerned with folks under "the yoke of Communism", then how about boycotting all of those huge American retailers who are making money hand over fist selling its products to the American public, while American manufacturing is becoming an endangered species?

Huh?

BnB

My opinion is that we are hurting the people of Cuba with the boycott. We are following a failed policy of the Cold War which hasn’t seen the end of Castro and only punishes the citizens of Cuba. My opinion is the boycott of Cuba helps keep Castro in power. It helps Castro keep the citizens down and I would imagine that it cases a lot of anti-American sentiments in Cuba.

Yeah, I'd love to go to Cuba. I hear the beaches are wonderful.

At the risk of getting too political I'll say our policy to Cuba is absurd. China gets "most favored nation" trade status but we embargo our next door neighbor? What helped bring down the USSR? Trade and interaction. How long would communist lies about America and Americans last with boatloads of cruise ship passengers showing up weekly. Soon the Cuban people would be longing for the freedoms we have. It's worked before.

Beside all that, I'm running low on my Havana Club rum.

There's no telling how much the people of Cuba could make just off Cigar sales alone to the US!!! I'm counting the days to visit those absolutely beautiful beaches and resorts. I'd love the see inside the country as well, though.

I actually got to go to Cuba back in the late 50's with my parents, when I was a mere "infant". (Right). It is a lovely country, with a very rich cultural history. Canadians have been able to travel to Cuba for years, and I actually did a 24-hour "junket" to Havana from Jamaica about five years ago. (I hope I don't get arrested). I also think that our Cuban policy is absurd and OUTDATED!! I remember watching our black-and-white TV during the Cuban crisis in 1962...which was..like...44 years ago!! Yes...it was scary....44 years ago! It's long past time that our nearest Caribbean neighbor is still under US embargo dictates. That's my political side. My human and cultural side says the same thing. There's very little "anti-American" true sentiment in Cuba. Castro has done much damage to this beautiful island. Yep. I'll be one of the FIRST to go to Cuba when it once again opens up as a free nation. This has gone on long enough. Hopefully, our NEW President will do something about the situation. Thanks for letting me post my views.

I actually got to go to Cuba back in the late 50's with my parents, when I was a mere "infant". (Right). It is a lovely country, with a very rich cultural history. Canadians have been able to travel to Cuba for years, and I actually did a 24-hour "junket" to Havana from Jamaica about five years ago. (I hope I don't get arrested). I also think that our Cuban policy is absurd and OUTDATED!! I remember watching our black-and-white TV during the Cuban crisis in 1962...which was..like...44 years ago!! Yes...it was scary....44 years ago! It's long past time that our nearest Caribbean neighbor is still under US embargo dictates. That's my political side. My human and cultural side says the same thing. There's very little "anti-American" true sentiment in Cuba. Castro has done much damage to this beautiful island. Yep. I'll be one of the FIRST to go to Cuba when it once again opens up as a free nation. This has gone on long enough. Hopefully, our NEW President will do something about the situation. Thanks for letting me post my views.

Naw, I doubt that Bush will change his mind after he is re-elected!!!!!!!

Archived