Wishing SAFETY to ALL at sea and on land.......

sail7seas

I'm coastal but not beach front (my father in law is beachfront Venice; my mom is in a mid-rise Venice condo).

We're in Charley's probable target zone, the Charlotte/Sarasota county line; but the "probable" line ashore has recently been predicted north to Tampa Bay.

We've not done ply-wood; I don't love my home - duct tape on glass rules? We've good acreage space/tree barriers -we're high in the event of 20' of water come down or 3-5 foot surge up - given prior events. We've a good interior Bunker room - a bath room.

It'll be interesting...

WoodofPine.......we had a tornado hit the Westside of Town today:( ...thankfully nobody was hurt....a lot of damage though....about 11,000 homes still have no electricity.....the tornado hit about 3:45 this afternoon.......

My thoughts are with everyone as well........be safe down there!

Still not much rain here. The forcast says we will get the first bands of rain about 2 this morning. Our friends down in Boynton Beach have had alot of rain today.

We have done standard preparation and hope for the best.

Thanks for the good wishes.

Took the time to put fertilizer on the lawn and the shrubs today so the expected rain will soak it in good. No sense in wasting such good weather....

The problem with storms in Florida is the people who have not been in one and do not prepare their properties properly. It is their flying debri that damages the other houses (unless it is a really bad storm).

Don't expect any real problems this weekend. Keep your fingers crossed...

Jim & Ruth

Orlando, FLorida

Came back from London as one of my daughters is soon to add another male to my bevvy of grandchildren. And look what happened. The irony is my soon to arrive great-grand child will be the same age as his uncle.

Beautiful night here on the west coast [of FL that is] with no wind or rain. Eye now forcasted to come within 25 miles of Fort Myers with 10-15 foot storm surge.

But, just as I did last time, I laid out my chicken bones in the backyard and did my no-hurricane dance. It worked 5 years ago and maybe it'll work this time.

Guess I forgot to mix my eye of newt and toe of iguana with my chicken bones. The dance did no good.

Charley turned east and is expected to make land fall on Sanabel Island as a category 4, the same strength as Andrew in 1992.

In another hour, will know what will happen.

Good luck and prayers to all of you in that beautiful part of Florida. I've spent many happy vacations on Sanibel and DH and I were married there. I pray for you and all the people of Florida including my sisters, brother, son and grandson.

Nancy

Archived