"RCCL needs to Keep Voyager or Freedom class in Port Canaveral!!

OHCruisinDad-You just stole my thunder....just read this and was wondering why no one had flipped out over this........guess most of us were wrong-but it looks like RCI is waiting for Genesis to come out in the Fall of '09-then they could move a Freedom ship to PC,still have one Freedom ship PLUS a new Genesis ship in Miami.....

Big Al

Oh no! I just saw this post. I sure hope they put one of the Voyager or Freedom class there to replace her when she leaves. What a shame not to utilize such a wonderful port.

Oh no! I just saw this post. I sure hope they put one of the Voyager or Freedom class there to replace her when she leaves. What a shame not to utilize such a wonderful port.

When you link to the Cruise News Daily article, I think the operative description is that RCCL is withdrawing for the SHORT TERM. Coupled with Adam's replies etc., I think the company is just running out of ships -- a situation that will be rectified by the end of 2009 with Genesis coming online. Those who subscribe to CND may have gotten even more insight. So it will likely be be a 9-10 month hiatus -- same time frame as birth (LOL) although a rather bigger baby!!! Let's just hope everything goes well at Aker-Yards in Finland where the Genesis is being built.

I'm continuing to be impressed with how resonsive RCCL has been to our emails etc. That coupled with some recent actions from the company executives and customer relations folks on other issues makes me want to cruise them even more!!!!!!

Sherri, when I came home from the enchantment I sent a quick email to C&A telling them I was disappointed in our meal at chops because of how they handled the group seating (we were only given 3 dinner choices and we didnt get to pick them they did). Anyway...they emailed me back and were great about it all and apologized, and then a few days later I got a package in the mail. A luxury robe...imagine my suprise, I couldnt figure out where it came from so I called them and they told me they sent it to me....now that coupled with the phone call says good things to me too...in fact I am in the process of booking the adventure of the seas for 2009 (just love those voyager class ships lol)

Sherri, when I came home from the enchantment I sent a quick email to C&A telling them I was disappointed in our meal at chops because of how they handled the group seating (we were only given 3 dinner choices and we didnt get to pick them they did). Anyway...they emailed me back and were great about it all and apologized, and then a few days later I got a package in the mail. A luxury robe...imagine my suprise, I couldnt figure out where it came from so I called them and they told me they sent it to me....now that coupled with the phone call says good things to me too...in fact I am in the process of booking the adventure of the seas for 2009 (just love those voyager class ships lol)

Janet -- that's a great story. They really are a classy operation.

DD and SIL were just on Adventurer (you will love the ship -- they had a great time). Their excursion in St. Lucia was cancelled so they had to quickly book a replacement -- a hiking etc. trip. Shore Excursions said that it was 1/2 hour bus ride to and from the part of the island they were hiking. It was over 2 hours on the way to the hike (and 1 hour and 20 minutes back to the ship. If they had been given a better description, they would have chosen something else. They filed a complaint and the excursion desk refunded their money.

When you link to the Cruise News Daily article, I think the operative description is that RCCL is withdrawing for the SHORT TERM. Coupled with Adam's replies etc., I think the company is just running out of ships -- a situation that will be rectified by the end of 2009 with Genesis coming online. Those who subscribe to CND may have gotten even more insight. So it will likely be be a 9-10 month hiatus -- same time frame as birth (LOL) although a rather bigger baby!!! Let's just hope everything goes well at Aker-Yards in Finland where the Genesis is being built.

I'm continuing to be impressed with how resonsive RCCL has been to our emails etc. That coupled with some recent actions from the company executives and customer relations folks on other issues makes me want to cruise them even more!!!!!!

They are very big babies! lol Hopefully it won't be long in between.

I wouldn't mind seeing even a Radiance Class ship coming there. Just nothing smaller. (I loved the Jewel of the Seas too, not as much as the Mariner but the Jewel was a nice ship).

I have had nothing but good dealings with Royal Caribbean! How nice of them to send you that robe.

I was really surprised. Mostly because my email to them was this big nasty complaint, just stating that I thought it was unfair to give us chops as a benefit for the group cruise but then not let us have the full benefit of it. I thought their email back to me was very nice and they were really great about it, so I was shocked when I found out the robe came from them!

But, unfortunately, for us, that means a missed cruise, unless we sail with someone else.

Interesting but Mariner is leaving in january of 2009. Short term is not that long 6 months as I was advised give or take. But there will be a replacement there by the end of 2009 :D

I was really surprised. Mostly because my email to them was this big nasty complaint, just stating that I thought it was unfair to give us chops as a benefit for the group cruise but then not let us have the full benefit of it. I thought their email back to me was very nice and they were really great about it, so I was shocked when I found out the robe came from them!

Im quoting myself here, lol I meant to say my email was NOT this big nasty complaint, just a simple letter stating I was unhappy...making myself look bad here huh lol

But, unfortunately, for us, that means a missed cruise, unless we sail with someone else.

I wonder how many people will MISS a cruise because of this or worse still switch to Carnival or Disney out of PC? Sounds like a poll idea.

It would be interesting to see the numbers.

I for one won't switch, only because I'm afraid of Carnival (too many bad stories heard) and Disney is just too expensive.

I wonder how many people will MISS a cruise because of this or worse still switch to Carnival or Disney out of PC? Sounds like a poll idea.

It would be interesting to see the numbers.

I for one won't switch, only because I'm afraid of Carnival (too many bad stories heard) and Disney is just too expensive.

I happen to be browsing the Princess board, thinking about 2009 b/c Mariner gone. Ft Laud isn't driving all the way to Miami. Any reason they can't give Navigator the 7 day route including CocoCay until PC gets a new ship. Its really the lack of any Voyager class ship doing 7 night sail from any FL port that has me looking at Princess.

I happen to be browsing the Princess board, thinking about 2009 b/c Mariner gone. Ft Laud isn't driving all the way to Miami. Any reason they can't give Navigator the 7 day route including CocoCay until PC gets a new ship. Its really the lack of any Voyager class ship doing 7 night sail from any FL port that has me looking at Princess.
That could be a possibility -- RCCL may see how the 4/5 nighters are doing on Navigator especially with Enchantment doing a similar itinerary. Right now Enchantment is not open during that period for booking

From the website, it looks like Navigator is open for booking the 4/5 nighters in early 2009. Also, Independence is taking up the 6 ngiht wester/8 night eastern itnerary (now being done by Jewel which is being moved to Panama canal) in for winter 2008/2009.

I'd like to see some actual statistics to back up that statement. Disney had no trouble - non - selling out every Mexican Riviera cruise a couple of summers ago because they had a destination ship. Right now the only ships sailing in the summer are the Monarch (I love her, but she's an older gal and only does 3/4 nights), Carnival's Paradise (also 3/4 nights) and Pride for 7, but she's a pretty worn-out looking thing (haven't sailed her and am only judging the book by her cover). So I hardly think you can call it a mistake to put a ship that by all accounts rates as fabulous on the Left Coast.

As Nancy, Misty and Carol said, please don't begrudge us one great ship in LA. Florida has so many port within a couple of hours' drive with so many great RCI ships that I'd think you could spare one for us. Granted, I was hoping for a Radiance class, but I think I'll manage quite nicely with this one!:D

Jean, looks like RCI knew what they were doing with announcing the Mariner... Looks like the west coast is getting some attention now.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Articles/splendor_mexicanriviera.aspx

So what you are saying ,you would rather miss a cruise (say in spring of 09) with RCCL or take another line rather than drive down to Ft lauderdale or Miami??:confused: :confused:

From my experience, Ft Lauderdale is another 3 hours south. That's pushing it for us. We get off the ship in Port Canaveral as early as possible - this year we were in the car and on the road by 8am. We have a 13 hour drive home, with work and school the next morning.

Plus, Ft Lauderdale doesn't work as well with Disney, it's such a nice SHORT trip for WDW to the port.

So what you are saying ,you would rather miss a cruise (say in spring of 09) with RCCL or take another line rather than drive down to Ft lauderdale or Miami??:confused: :confused:

And tell my 10 year old that we wouldn't be going to WDW? Not a good option.

Fortunately we have Cape Liberty only 3 hours away. I'm going to have to look at that now.

I'd give up Disney and the other parks rather than take one of the remaining cruises outta PC.........3 more hours is not that long......but to each,his own.........

Actually, she doesn't want to go on a Freedom class, not sure why.

I've been looking and have not been able to figure out just what the Freedom class offers that MY Mariner doesn't (other than the Flowrider... and for that she has to give up her inline skating).

Hmmmmmmmm.WDW vs a Freedom class with all the bells and whistles a 10 year would love????I just bet he would give up Mickey for that.:)

Actually, she doesn't want to go on a Freedom class, not sure why.

I've been looking and have not been able to figure out just what the Freedom class offers that MY Mariner doesn't (other than the Flowrider... and for that she has to give up her inline skating).

MY Mariner??:p

Archived