"RCCL needs to Keep Voyager or Freedom class in Port Canaveral!!

David -- Independce is scheduled to be put into servide in May, 2009. Currently, she is slated to replace Jewel on 8 day Eastern/6 day out of Fort Lauderdale in the fall. However, initially, she will sail in Europe in the spring/summer/early fall. big splash about her Europe Itinerary when it was announced -- lots of RCCL tonnage in Europe -- first

Freedom class ship, etc. Placing Independence in Port C would leave PC without a big ship for about 8-10 months.

I totally agree about Mariner's crew -- We have sailed on her 4 times. Captain Johnny is my favorite captain. So personable and his crew loves him, which results in a smooth running ship. His navigational skills are great too -- he steered us around a Tropical Storm in 2005. Love Becky too -- so high energy and so sweet on a personal level.

This opens up interesting possibilities. Maybe Jewel will go to PC replacing Sovereign Sovereign will go to Pullmantur and Liberty will replace Mariner. Any way you look at it PC is going to have RCI ships. it is just a matter of which ones and how many of them. Port Everglades and Miami already have to many ships and sending an extra to PC and maybe another to Tampa would be a good thing..... I had numorous opportunities to talk to Becky, she's a fantastic person and what surprised me the most is she smiled and waved at us every time she saw us. She also talked to my DW and they hit it off as well. Some people you just can't get enough of and Becky is such a lady :D

I think that is what is so upsetting to me about the loss of the mariner, Captain Johnny and the staff, I really love everyone on that ship and love going back. I definitely think the west coast deserves a voyager class ship, but I am more upset at the lack of a voyager class ship on the east coast. The only two left will be the explorer out of New york and the navigator doing short sailings and splitting her time with europe. I cannot believe they are not going to leave a voyager class ship in florida.

And whats worse....no more captain johnny!

This opens up interesting possibilities. Maybe Jewel will go to PC replacing Sovereign Sovereign will go to Pullmantur and Liberty will replace Mariner. Any way you look at it PC is going to have RCI ships. it is just a matter of which ones and how many of them. Port Everglades and Miami already have to many ships and sending an extra to PC and maybe another to Tampa would be a good thing..... I had numorous opportunities to talk to Becky, she's a fantastic person and what surprised me the most is she smiled and waved at us every time she saw us. She also talked to my DW and they hit it off as well. Some people you just can't get enough of and Becky is such a lady :D

Think Jewel is replacing Brilliance on Panama canal. But would love her to do Port C 4 and 3 nighters.

Also, think RCCL may look seriously at how Navigator does in the 4 and 5 day market from FLL with Enchantment doing similar itineraries out of FLL.

Living just 40 minutes to Port Canaveral, I have to say I am biased...but I believe it is the best Port in Florida and is a huge moneymaker for RCCL. Our favorite ship is the Mariner and we will hate to see her leave PC but we know she needs to go make other cruisers happy elsewhere :-) And, you're right...it is the crew that makes a ship so wonderful! I know we've been told many times by crew members that Capt Johnny has such respect from his entire crew that it's a pleasure for them all to be on that ship. Let's hope that Johnny will continue to want to stay in PC and Captain whatever new ship PC gets :-) RCCL are you listening? Port Canaveral has MANY loyal cruisers and we want/deserve the best!!!! In fact, how about giving us TWO ships with different itineraries to replace our beloved Mariner??? (Couldn't hurt to ask!)

I think I would start liking the freedom class ships more if Captain johnny and his staff were on one! Boy I am going to miss them so and I am in total agreement about port canaveral. For me its one of the few airports I can get a direct flight into, which is why the mariner has been my favorite ship.

sending an extra to PC and maybe another to Tampa would be a good thing....:D

I would love a year round ship in Tampa(even closer than PC for me)........but thats another thread.....:)

I think that is what is so upsetting to me about the loss of the mariner, Captain Johnny and the staff, I really love everyone on that ship and love going back. I definitely think the west coast deserves a voyager class ship, but I am more upset at the lack of a voyager class ship on the east coast. The only two left will be the explorer out of New york and the navigator doing short sailings and splitting her time with europe. I cannot believe they are not going to leave a voyager class ship in florida.

And whats worse....no more captain johnny!

I agree.

There is not one person on that ship that doesn't treat you like their best friend, and no matter the circumstance, somebody is always there to greet you with a smile!

Living just 40 minutes to Port Canaveral, I have to say I am biased...but I believe it is the best Port in Florida and is a huge moneymaker for RCCL. Our favorite ship is the Mariner and we will hate to see her leave PC but we know she needs to go make other cruisers happy elsewhere :-) And, you're right...it is the crew that makes a ship so wonderful! I know we've been told many times by crew members that Capt Johnny has such respect from his entire crew that it's a pleasure for them all to be on that ship. Let's hope that Johnny will continue to want to stay in PC and Captain whatever new ship PC gets :-) RCCL are you listening? Port Canaveral has MANY loyal cruisers and we want/deserve the best!!!! In fact, how about giving us TWO ships with different itineraries to replace our beloved Mariner??? (Couldn't hurt to ask!)

Indeed - a big one for those who like that sort of thing, and either a radiance Class OR an X ship, too. That would be unbeatable!

Great idea place a freedom class in there and a Radiance class in there. The Radiance class could do Bermuda cruises the Freedom class could do the Mariner ones and Sovereign could continue the Bahama ones. The only question left is how long will Sovereign be in PC and when will it get transferred to Pullmantur.

Bite your tongue!!!

I would absolutely go into mourning if the Sov ever left PC!

Bite your tongue!!!

I would absolutely go into mourning if the Sov ever left PC!

Tongue has been bitten and is hurting. I agree that Sovereign's loss will hurt but then again I never thought that Mariner would go either. It's always a possibility and as new ships come online the older classes tend to get sold off to other lines. Hopefully not for another 10 years or so....:o

Radiance or Voyager would be fine with me...I really hope no Freedom class gets into PC..but i am sure it would do well....

I LOVE the idea of a Bermuda cruise from Florida...that would be perfect!

Love the idea of two ships to replace Mariner. We need to keep pressure on Port C. I think Carnival may control some of the berths in PC but we need more RCCL there.

Personally I think RCCL is removing the voyager class as a choice from florida to force us into using the ultra voyagers....i had a great time on the freedom, but I still prefer the voyager class. Being that the mariner is the newest of them I was shocked when they decided to move it to the west coast.

I always knew the mariner was leaving PC and being replaced with a freedom class, but I just assumed it would go to Miami, I just cant believe rccl choose to leave no voyagers in florida as a choice for cruise, especially since the pricing on the freedom class ships are pretty high in my opinion

Personally I think RCCL is removing the voyager class as a choice from florida to force us into using the ultra voyagers....i had a great time on the freedom, but I still prefer the voyager class. Being that the mariner is the newest of them I was shocked when they decided to move it to the west coast.

I always knew the mariner was leaving PC and being replaced with a freedom class, but I just assumed it would go to Miami, I just cant believe rccl choose to leave no voyagers in florida as a choice for cruise, especially since the pricing on the freedom class ships are pretty high in my opinion

This is 100% true the prices on the Freedom Class are higher than other classes. But once the novelty wears off the prices do come down a bit. Going to have to wait and see on this one....

Even with a diamond discount those Freedom class ships are pricey. As I said I found them rather large and really they are just a voyager class ship with a few extra things. I prefer the voyagers from the day I first walked onto the explorer!

I really hope that something changes in the itinerary of one of the other voyager class ships and they put it in florida doing a 7 day sailing. I still have the Explorer out of Bayonne, but I prefer flying to florida and leaving from there.

Even with a diamond discount those Freedom class ships are pricey. As I said I found them rather large and really they are just a voyager class ship with a few extra things. I prefer the voyagers from the day I first walked onto the explorer! .

Janet -- the Voyager class were pricey too when they came out compared with Vision Class but they have come down considerably.

I do agree with the difference as of now and have been thinking about switching to MOS next January instead of Freedom in Feb. -- a JS at that time is less than the D1 we have booked.

In a perfect world RCCL would put 2 ships in Port Canaveral... a Freedom class for all the people with children and a Radiance or Vision class for those of us who don't need all the bells and whistles but prefer the calm and tranquility of a smaller class of ships.....however we know that the chances of that happening are not good so we will settle for an enlarged Voyager class ship... Now if we can convince the Mariner crew to jump ship to the Freedom or Liberty for I am firmly convinced it's the crew that makes the ship not the other way around.

I have already emailed my opinions and comments about PC to Mr Goldstein, they know that PC is too good of a market to let Disney & Carnival have a free run.

Jim:)

In a perfect world RCCL would put 2 ships in Port Canaveral... a Freedom class for all the people with children and a Radiance or Vision class for those of us who don't need all the bells and whistles but prefer the calm and tranquility of a smaller class of ships.....however we know that the chances of that happening are not good so we will settle for an enlarged Voyager class ship... Now if we can convince the Mariner crew to jump ship to the Freedom or Liberty for I am firmly convinced it's the crew that makes the ship not the other way around.

I have already emailed my opinions and comments about PC to Mr Goldstein, they know that PC is too good of a market to let Disney & Carnival have a free run.

Jim:)

That's exactly what Mr. Goldstein said to me in his response email. They value PC and they are going to replace Mariner with at least as good if not better. Now I don't see anything that beats Mariner out there but they will try.......

Having just gone on our first cruise ever, we had the joy, luck and honor of taking the Mariner and absolutely LOVED her and her crew. We are very much looking forward to being able to cruise her again. PC is probably the only reasonable place for us to get to (for a number of reasons). RCCL - PLEASE do not forsake PC and its (and your) loyal customers. IF you can not keep the Mariner please do replace with a comparable ship or better. And I agree, please try to keep the Mariners crew there as well.

Thanx,

Erika

My 1st 2 cruises were on Carnival but since I was on the Mariner I have only wanted to be on RCCL ships. I hope RCCL doesn't force me to go back to Carnival. I love the Mariner and it is my favorite ship. Please replace her with something comparable! PC is the most convenient port for us. We have gone out of Ft. Lauderdale and Miami but PC beats them by far in terms of location, ease and convenience.

Kathy

I hate to say that the crew that is on the Mariner will most likely stay there until there contract is up. Now maybe, and I say maybe Captain Johnny can stay, but that is highly unlikely. The logistics of flying a crew around the country to appease us is never going to happen. Im sure the crew that is mid contract will stay with the Mariner and go West. Wishful thinking anyways, lets just hope it's the Liberty or the Independance coming home for us.

Archived