Questions regarding the Crown Princess

1stTimeRoyal

We are sailing on the 6/17 Crown out of NYC, and I had a few questions.

1. My parents have a Vista(??) Suite, its in the far back of one of the decks. My sister is also staying in that suite. Does anyone know if there is a divider between the bedroom and the living room? Has anyone had one of these suites, if so how was it.

2. My wife and I were origingally scheduled for an inside cabin, but we purchased a balcony upgrade. We still don't have a cabin number, just a BF GTY. Should we be concerned yet, what do we write on our luggage tags?? I've read you may not get it till a few days before, or even the day of, just wondering how we should prepare?

3. Staying in Manhatten the night before, how long of a drive on a Sunday morning from MidTown manhatten to the red hook terminal in brooklyn?

4. We really have no idea what to do in either Grand Turk or San Juan. Has anyone done the Camuy Caves excursion in SJ?? We've already done the walking tour stuff, anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for any and all help

We went to the combined Camuy caves and Arecibo excursion in San Juan. We really enjoyed this tour. It helps to be a bit of a "nerd" to enjoy Arecibo I think. We found it quite enlightening but we enjoy this type of data. The caves were also interesting. You ride some and walk some. The ride through the country side - farm and city areas - was also interesting.

We are sailing on the 6/17 Crown out of NYC, and I had a few questions.

1. My parents have a Vista(??) Suite, its in the far back of one of the decks. My sister is also staying in that suite. Does anyone know if there is a divider between the bedroom and the living room? Has anyone had one of these suites, if so how was it.

I don't think there is a divider, just a curtain between the bedroom and sitting area.

2. My wife and I were origingally scheduled for an inside cabin, but we purchased a balcony upgrade. We still don't have a cabin number, just a BF GTY. Should we be concerned yet, what do we write on our luggage tags?? I've read you may not get it till a few days before, or even the day of, just wondering how we should prepare?

This could be assigned at the pier, not to worry though you won't be disappointed.

3. Staying in Manhatten the night before, how long of a drive on a Sunday morning from MidTown manhatten to the red hook terminal in brooklyn?

35-40 minutes.

4. We really have no idea what to do in either Grand Turk or San Juan. Has anyone done the Camuy Caves excursion in SJ?? We've already done the walking tour stuff, anyone have any suggestions?

We have done Rio Camuy two times and it is fantastic, we rented a car and drove there. Ther are also ton's of tour operators on the pier if you don't go with a Princess tour.

Thanks for any and all help

We have sailed the Crown twice I hope this helps.

Grand Turk is small and not yet very developed, which is good and bad. I liked the island. We talked to people who took an island tour and they said there was not much to it. It ended with things like pointing out a gas station.

We did glass bottom kayaks in the mangrove swamp and then snorkeling at a nearby beach. Enjoyed it very much but it was pricey. We were in those kayaks about 20 or 30 minutes and the snorkeling was off of a public beach. Both locations were about 10 or 15 minutes from the dock.

At Grand Turk I'd recommend renting a moped and seeing the island yourself. These were available just outside the cruise ship compound.

Or just spend the day in the compound area. We heard from a few people that Jimmy Buffet's Margaretaville (bar, restaurant, huge pool, music events) there was awesome. We skipped it but now wish we had not. The beach was apparently so so.

Lots of folks go snorkeling about a 1/2 mile north of the port.

You could also walk across the island and snorkel off the beach there. Just follow the beach around the south end of the island and back up even with the ship. The New Waves snorkel tour does one of its stops about 100 yards off the beach there, and water is only around 6' deep. Nice beaches and no people on the end of the island. Although the baracuda out by the cay was pretty neat if you want to pay for the tour.

Archived